my controller is not connected to the aircraft i need help
3000 18 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

hello i have some problems with my drone i have read the manual and it says that my controller is not conencted to my drone but i can connect the gimbal, i can  not connect my phone to the controller nor the the drone i need help please
2017-5-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

this works on the inspire 1 also..
Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Rich
2017-5-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I replied to your PM
2017-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

success? Sure hope so!
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did the manual relink work for you?
2017-5-31
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

hello guys thanks for the replys but i had tried everything and nothing has worked i tried the steps and it did not work. i dont know if my usb hub on my controller is faulty because i cant update it through an usb and i cant connect my phone to the app, but i can charge my samsung s7 with the controller. my problem is still there thank for the replys though
2017-6-2
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

adam0000007 Posted at 2017-6-2 06:16
hello guys thanks for the replys but i had tried everything and nothing has worked  i tried the steps and it did not work. i dont know if my usb hub on my controller is faulty because i cant update it through an usb and i cant connect my phone to the app, but i can charge my samsung s7 with the controller. my problem is still there thank for the replys though

You should have an option on your phone for the usb port. change it to "media-transfer protocol" instead of "charging". that may be why it will not connect. The remote is not intended to charge you phone or whatever device you connect with. Good luck.
2017-6-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hello guys thanks for the replys but i had tried everything and nothing has worked  i tried the steps and it did not work. i dont know if my usb hub on my controller is faulty because i cant update it through an usb and i cant connect my phone to the app, but i can charge my samsung s7 with the controller. my problem is still there thank for the replys though

Post 7 gives some nice tips. It could be a bad USB port ?  maybe you have a friend that has an iPad or iPhone that you can try. This might help you see if the other devices can connect
Anyway the manual linking process should work and doesn't require a device. But it might not work it you have not activated the drone.
Rich
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a short video of how it's behaving? Are both the RC and aircraft updated firmware wise? If you updated recently, which component did you update first?
2017-6-2
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

hey sorry for the late response i have exams i can not update my controller so i think its a faulthy usb, but i dont feel like spending 100 euro for somethign that 'might' work, i think ill be sending it back. thanks anyhow. and ill try and explain maybe the problem again if someon know how to fix it. me rc light is green, i can controll gimbal not the drone, i can update drone but nor rc, on every android phone when downloading the app it says i have an inspire even though no cable is connected yet, i tried using iphone and it did not work. i changed it to media protocol did not work. i think its a faulthy usb but it used to work before so im not sure. lights on drone are 2 red in the back and flashing yellow quickly.
2017-6-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

adam0000007 Posted at 2017-6-8 10:19
hey sorry for the late response i have exams i can not update my controller so i think its a faulthy usb, but i dont feel like spending 100 euro for somethign that 'might' work, i think ill be sending it back. thanks anyhow. and ill try and explain maybe the problem again if someon know how to fix it. me rc light is green, i can controll gimbal not the drone, i can update drone but nor rc, on every android phone when downloading the app it says i have an inspire even though no cable is connected yet, i tried using iphone and it did not work. i changed it to media protocol did not work. i think its a faulthy usb but it used to work before so im not sure. lights on drone are 2 red in the back and flashing yellow quickly.

The flashing yellow LED means the drone is not connected to the remote controller. From the information you have told us, is sounds like the remote needs to be relinked to the Phantom.  I gave you this information on post #2.  If the USB is faulty, then the phone or device will not connect. When starting the Go App, you need to select the Phantom from the home page. When you turn on the remote, the Go App will see that it is a Phantom remote automatically.

Even if you cannot use the device with the remote, you can link the Phantom using the manual relinking process.

Rich
2017-6-9
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

hey guys im back i succeeded my exams and im trying to fix this problem again i can connect to the gimbal but the light on the drone flashes green and red/ orange, should i just send it in?
2019-1-19
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

If you are facing the drone, with the camera facing you, look on the LEFT side of the drone, toward the back leg. Just above the gimbal.  You should see a RED LED light.  There's a small pin hole right in front of it.
Take a straightened out paperclip, and poke up in there, you'll feel a button when you do.  Press and hold that button for 3 seconds.  This should make the LED blink.
Now, turn your remote control on.  Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.   You're GREEN light should turn BLUE, and you'll also start to hear beeping!
Now, you should look at the light on the drone.  If its still blinking.. Thats good.  If not, press and hold the button with the paperclip again.

A few seconds later, you're remote should stop beeping, the blue light will turn GREEN, and all should be good to go.
2019-1-19
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

KenDuke Posted at 1-19 06:47
If you are facing the drone, with the camera facing you, look on the LEFT side of the drone, toward the back leg. Just above the gimbal.  You should see a RED LED light.  There's a small pin hole right in front of it.
Take a straightened out paperclip, and poke up in there, you'll feel a button when you do.  Press and hold that button for 3 seconds.  This should make the LED blink.
Now, turn your remote control on.  Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.   You're GREEN light should turn BLUE, and you'll also start to hear beeping!

thank you for the quick reply i did what you said but holding the power button on my controller doesnt do anything i guesse you want me to connect the controller with the aircraft i did that already multiple times by pressing c1+c2+record and then pressing the gimbal button but that only makes the light on the drone (led light) turn greed and red and on my controller rapid green and red lights
2019-1-19
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

i should maybe say that i own a phantom 3 advanced the 42 of the 4 lights on the drone are red the other 2 are flashing rapidly yellow and my controller wont connect to my phone i can controll the gimbal but i cant start the drone
2019-1-19
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

adam0000007 Posted at 1-19 07:14
i should maybe say that i own a phantom 3 advanced the 42 of the 4 lights on the drone are red the other 2 are flashing rapidly yellow and my controller wont connect to my phone i can controll the gimbal but i cant start the drone

my drone is an Advanced as well.

If you're getting flickering green/red on the remote, then, there's a problem with the remote.
Only fix so far is to get another one.  Or send it in for repair.
eBay, I've been able to buy a few.  Around $80ish bucks for a good one.
Make sure you get a GL300-C..  A, B will work as well.  But, the C seems to give best range.
2019-1-19
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
United States

adam0000007 Posted at 1-19 07:14
i should maybe say that i own a phantom 3 advanced the 42 of the 4 lights on the drone are red the other 2 are flashing rapidly yellow and my controller wont connect to my phone i can controll the gimbal but i cant start the drone

Are you using DJI batteries?  Or knock offs?

If you updated to 1.11.20, there was a battery patch as well, and, it make a lot of the NON-DJI batteries not function anymore.  You could connect to your craft, however, it would pop up a message letting you know its a NON-DJI battery, and wouldn't let you fly your drone at all.   It would however, turn on, warm up, and do the gimbal startup, but once you hit the take-off button, it would just set there.
2019-1-19
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

Thank you for the reply im looking now to get a new remote and the battery that i have is from dji. I also think my remote is broken. I think the usb port is broken on the remote. Does anyone know the cost of fixing it?
2019-1-20
Use props
adam0000007
lvl.1
Belgium

im normally going to buy this week a new controller but my question. but i have a question, i think my usb on my controller is broken  but if its only the usb thats broken why cant i fly using only the drone? or does the remote need to be also up to date with software to fly the drone?
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules