1245 18 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

If some of you wouldn't mind could you take some time and offer some critque to me please. I'm really trying to improve and get better at photography when using my Mavic Pro, and although my pictures look pleasing to me I have no idea if they are in general, ok or average.

So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated from as many of you as possible.

Many thanks in advance,
Paul

Camber Sands 01

Camber Sands 01
Camber Sands 002 - small.jpg
Camber Sands 003 - small.jpg
Camber Sands 004 - small.jpg
2017-5-29
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I think the pictures looks fantastic. Nice light and colours. Nice and crisp on my ipad even as small jpg. Carry on the good work.
2017-5-29
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-5-29 11:25
I think the pictures looks fantastic. Nice light and colours. Nice and crisp on my ipad even as small jpg. Carry on the good work.

Thank you very much for your nice words.
2017-5-29
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice pictures!! Great work! How high were this taken at? If they were taken at more than 400' dont say it here lol.
2017-5-29
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-5-29 11:52
Very nice pictures!! Great work! How high were this taken at? If they were taken at more than 400' dont say it here lol.

Believe it or not they weren't taken at a very high altitude at all.

I unfortunately missed the beginning sunrise (at 4.40am) but these were shot at around 5.00am (ish), hence the mist, low cloud and empty beach.
2017-5-29
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

paulbi Posted at 2017-5-29 11:56
Believe it or not they weren't taken at a very high altitude at all.

I unfortunately missed the beginning sunrise (at 4.40am) but these were shot at around 5.00am (ish), hence the mist, low cloud and empty beach.

Very nice work. I really like how they look
2017-5-29
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-5-29 12:09
Very nice work. I really like how they look

Thanks again for your comments.
2017-5-30
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

All look great, but artistically speaking Camber sands No.3 is the best. Why? More color, more contrasting color: green, blue, brown, pink / purple, white, dark grey. More ground texture than the others.  When you take a picture you want the viewers eyes to move around the picture. Think of a drawing of a simple triangle. The viewers eyes moving along the lines to each point. I like how the curved coast line intercepts that stream and cloud line heading into the ocean. On the opposite end of your "triangle", you have the ripples of small waves forming a line which crosses the coast. You also have that nice small ridge line on the right, the town and stream, and also what appears to be either an island or small hill in the back ground. There are points of interest in the foreground / background. Look at your first two pictures, see how your eyes just get drawn into the right hand corner? You attention or eyes will look at the wind farm briefly before or after following the coast line into the corner.
2017-5-30
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice pictures !
2017-5-30
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

Love it! What did you use to edit, if you don't mind me asking?

Beautiful pictures.
2017-5-30
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-5-30 03:30
All look great, but artistically speaking Camber sands No.3 is the best. Why? More color, more contrasting color: green, blue, brown, pink / purple, white, dark grey. More ground texture than the others.  When you take a picture you want the viewers eyes to move around the picture. Think of a drawing of a simple triangle. The viewers eyes moving along the lines to each point. I like how the curved coast line intercepts that stream and cloud line heading into the ocean. On the opposite end of your "triangle", you have the ripples of small waves forming a line which crosses the coast. You also have that nice small ridge line on the right, the town and stream, and also what appears to be either an island or small hill in the back ground. There are points of interest in the foreground / background. Look at your first two pictures, see how your eyes just get drawn into the right hand corner? You attention or eyes will look at the wind farm briefly before or after following the coast line into the corner.

Thank's for the comments, super helpful!
2017-5-30
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-30 04:10
Really nice pictures !

Thank you
2017-5-30
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rhidz Posted at 2017-5-30 04:27
Love it! What did you use to edit, if you don't mind me asking?

Beautiful pictures.

Thank you.

I use Adobe Lightroom.

I tend to take bracketed shots (AEB 5), then when done I lens profile the photos (helps with alignment) then I merge all of the pictures in to a single panoramic photo.

After that I do a little colour correction etc and that's it.
2017-5-30
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

paulbi Posted at 2017-5-30 04:58
Thank you.

I use Adobe Lightroom.

Great shots! They do look really beautiful. I normally take raw only and then use Lightroom as well. Question - could you check how some of the whiteish shots would look like if you reduced the whites and the blacks? I do that very often because auto tune in my opinion makes them too washed out and too bright. Oh and I always reduce exposure from the start - but that's on raw so might not be comparable. Just a suggestion. Cheers!
2017-5-30
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Bravo, looks really Nice
2017-5-30
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Wow, sun through the clouds is nice.
2017-5-30
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-5-30 06:08
Great shots! They do look really beautiful. I normally take raw only and then use Lightroom as well. Question - could you check how some of the whiteish shots would look like if you reduced the whites and the blacks? I do that very often because auto tune in my opinion makes them too washed out and too bright. Oh and I always reduce exposure from the start - but that's on raw so might not be comparable. Just a suggestion. Cheers!

Thanks, I'll have a play around. Lightroom is great isn't it!
2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2017-5-30 07:43
Bravo, looks really Nice

Thank you very much
2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-30 09:41
Wow, sun through the clouds is nice.

Thanks, I wasn't using any ND filter.

However now I've just got some I'm eager to see what a similar shot would look like in terms of detail etc and if I can capture more.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules