12Next >
23358 41 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

How do I REALLY reset the DJI Goggles to like when I (very first time) first took them out of the box?

1.  Resetting using "Reset All" within the Goggles menu doesn't really reset them.  They remain linked to my Mavic & all my settings remain.

2.  Resetting using Assistant 1.1.1 FAILS everytime I try.

2017-5-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

I've reported your feedback to the engineers, will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for your support!
2017-5-30
Use props
neonadler
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Currently, it's not supported to reset Goggles to very first time status, "Reset All" is just to reset the settings like brightness, volume, language to default value, but not include the linking status with drone and camera settings.
2017-6-4
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-30 02:35
I've reported your feedback to the engineers, will come back to you once I hear from them, thanks for your support!

Anything on this?  No hurry as now my Mavic is a brick from firmware .800.  It won't update & batteries won't turn off.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-6-8 16:34
Anything on this?  No hurry as now my Mavic is a brick from firmware .800.  It won't update & batteries won't turn off.

Our R&D engineers replied you at 3#, sorry I should have informed you about that.
May I know how did you upgrade Mavic?
Please restart it then connect it to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, reset it firstly then upgrade it again.
2017-6-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-8 19:37
Our R&D engineers replied you at 3#, sorry I should have informed you about that.
May I know how did you upgrade Mavic?
Please restart it then connect it to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, reset it firstly then upgrade it again.

Not being able to RESET these is NOT an answer. That's bogus.

Also, only 1 of my batteries bricked, not the Mavic.  Just glad I have an extra battery (even then the update only went to 99% & didn't pickup on the reboot to make it 100%).  I only updated using Assistant. 1 battery remains on or something. The middle 2 lights stay on & slow blink LIKE OTHER PEOPLE have experienced.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-6-9 06:15
Not being able to RESET these is NOT an answer. That's bogus.

Also, only 1 of my batteries bricked, not the Mavic.  Just glad I have an extra battery (even then the update only went to 99% & didn't pickup on the reboot to make it 100%).  I only updated using Assistant. 1 battery remains on or something. The middle 2 lights stay on & slow blink LIKE OTHER PEOPLE have experienced.

Have you tried to insert that "bricked" battery to aircraft and try to upgrade it through DJI GO 4 again?
2017-6-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-9 22:05
Have you tried to insert that "bricked" battery to aircraft and try to upgrade it through DJI GO 4 again?

Yes, but I always update via DJI Assistant.  So after it froze @ 44% 2 times with an error, I tried DJI GO 4.

I solved the battery issue ANOTHER WAY, however!  
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-6-11 08:39
Yes, but I always update via DJI Assistant.  So after it froze @ 44% 2 times with an error, I tried DJI GO 4.

Glad to hear you resolved the issue.
2017-6-12
Use props
fansfe804677
New
Flight distance : 148914 ft
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-30 02:35

Hi Natalia,

Really you should implement the Factory reset soon. I have a pair of goggles that are on a loan for review purposes. Now because of this issue I cannot return them since the initial activation process cannot be started again for the next user.

And since these are a review unit I kind of dont want them to contain any data from me when I return them.

So do you or rest of DJI have any timeline when this will be fixed?
2017-6-26
Use props
fanseabb8ad0
New
Flight distance : 102657 ft
Germany

Hello, I have the same problem.

I've bought the DJI Goggles someone who has activated this with his Mavic Pro.

I have a Phantom 4, with which the DJI Goggles also works together.
I get however neither a firmware update nor a reset with the DJI Goggles started. DJI Assistent 2 remains after the download and does not begin with the firmware update.
2017-6-27
Use props
fanseabb8ad0
New
Flight distance : 102657 ft
Germany

fanseabb8ad0 Posted at 2017-6-27 22:07
Hello, I have the same problem.

I've bought the DJI Goggles someone who has activated this with his Mavic Pro.

I Found this error, The Error is part of the windows PC.
A other PC help to solve this problem.
2017-6-28
Use props
Damjo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 324826 ft
United States

My goggles are stuck in Chinese and I cant get them back to English. Factory reset fails in assistant.
2017-7-7
Use props
Xerxes1359
New
United States

This is crazy. So let me make sure I have this straight: The Goggles are permanently tied to the original account. That means you can’t sell or buy them used!? What complete idiot thought this was acceptable? I guess DJI is going to have many returned to vendor units from store returns. Insane.  
2017-8-10
Use props
fans2f5b91cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210912 ft
Brazil

I just had a problem, head tracking gimbal stopped working on Mavic and I wanted to rollback firmware. Theres no way to do that. I was told to return the device back to DJI... have a case number created for that.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans2f5b91cc Posted at 2017-8-27 21:01
I just had a problem, head tracking gimbal stopped working on Mavic and I wanted to rollback firmware. Theres no way to do that. I was told to return the device back to DJI... have a case number created for that.

Could you please provide more details for about the head tracking issue for better assistance? Besides, what is your case number?
2017-8-28
Use props
Biggles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1717867 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Damjo Posted at 2017-7-7 22:05
My goggles are stuck in Chinese and I cant get them back to English. Factory reset fails in assistant.

Same here. Unpacked the goggles, charged the battery, while chosing the languagge unfortunately hit the wrong language. Now it is stuck in Chinese or Japanese and I can´t get it back to English
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Biggles Posted at 2017-8-28 11:39
Same here. Unpacked the goggles, charged the battery, while chosing the languagge unfortunately hit the wrong language. Now it is stuck in Chinese or Japanese and I can´t get it back to English

The language cannot be selected in Settings? There is an option called ''Reset All'' in Settings.
"Reset All" is just to reset the settings like brightness, volume, language to default value, but not include the linking status with drone and camera settings.
Please keep us updated if it works. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
masterx
New
Flight distance : 14639 ft
Norway

masterx Posted at 2017-9-10 07:01
Hi..
My Goggles Take forever to boot up. UP to a 1 min.. And sometimes they even freeze up the menu on the Phantom. Watching a demovideo on the goggles is pointless. Tried to downgrade/roll back the Firmware but fals with Djigo and assistent.

Hi..
My Goggles Take forever to boot up. UP to a 1 min.. And sometimes they even freeze up the menu on the Phantom. Watching a demovideo on the goggles is pointless. Tried to downgrade/rollback the Firmware but fails with Djigo and assistent.
2017-9-10
Use props
masterx
New
Flight distance : 14639 ft
Norway

Hi..
My Goggles Take forever to boot up. UP to a 1 min.. And sometimes they even freeze up the menu on the Phantom. Watching a demovideo on the goggles is pointless. Tried to downgrade/roll back the Firmware but fals with Djigo and assistent.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

masterx Posted at 2017-9-10 07:01
Hi..

How and when did this issue happen? Can you show us the picture of freezing up please?
2017-9-10
Use props
iloco34
New
Flight distance : 463 ft
France

Hello
I made a mistake when I initialized my goggles. I have validated a bad language. I tried to reset the factory settings with dji assistant but the program does not work. The "reset all" menu in the settings does nothing. How can I make my goggles in English?
thank you
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

iloco34 Posted at 2017-9-12 08:28
Hello
I made a mistake when I initialized my goggles. I have validated a bad language. I tried to reset the factory settings with dji assistant but the program does not work. The "reset all" menu in the settings does nothing. How can I make my goggles in English?
thank you

Please connect Goggles to DJI Assistant 2 and restore to factory default. RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULT.png
2017-9-13
Use props
Jontidy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299616 ft
Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 03:25
Please connect Goggles to DJI Assistant 2 and restore to factory default.[view_image]

This doesn't work! fails every time. This is the same for everybody. I don't know 1 person that this procedure has worked for.

So basically DJI has not only made a terrible product that is as immersive as holding your phone up to your face with a sun hood on (I've tried it, it's exactly the same) but I also cannot sell them because they are locked to my account and drone. This is insane!
2017-9-13
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 03:25
Please connect Goggles to DJI Assistant 2 and restore to factory default.[view_image]

Yes what the heck is wrong with you? We need help & this canned-text suggestion has already BEEN EXHAUSTED. Months of this garbage is ABSURD!
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jontidy Posted at 2017-9-13 07:05
This doesn't work! fails every time. This is the same for everybody. I don't know 1 person that this procedure has worked for.

So basically DJI has not only made a terrible product that is as immersive as holding your phone up to your face with a sun hood on (I've tried it, it's exactly the same) but I also cannot sell them because they are locked to my account and drone. This is insane!

Jontidy, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, we will feedback this issue to our engineers for analysis. Please post the firmware version here firstly, thank you.
2017-9-14
Use props
Kurt
lvl.1
United States

Did this ever get resolved? I Have the exact same problem whereby the goggles are stuck in Chinese.
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kurt@vectorform.com Posted at 2018-7-10 19:09
Did this ever get resolved? I Have the exact same problem whereby the goggles are stuck in Chinese.

Sorry to hear that, please try my post in 18# to see if it helps.
2018-7-10
Use props
djiuser_ioRX55vxltKs
New

DJI Mindy - or any DJI people...
Please see my attached picture "DJI_Goggles_NO_FACT_RESET_2018-09-15_0753.png" (it is also posted to the cloud and linked above)

In the image, it looks just like Mindy's POST #23 above - EXCEPT I do NOT have a "Restore Factory Defaults" -

In my REFURB Goggles, recently purchased direct from DJI, everything works AOK, but it is STUCK in JAPANESE/CHINESE and does not have any settings to reset to ENGLISH.

I will repeat.. I have REFRESHED to the LATEST Firmware in the REFURB goggles with ASSIST 2, there is NO 'Restore Factory Defaults" as in Post #23 above from DJI Mindy. See linked pic to verify this.

Please advise and thanks!

2018-9-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_ioRX55vxltKs Posted at 2018-9-15 06:15
Please see my attached picture "DJI_Goggles_NO_FACT_RESET_2018-09-15_0753.png" (it is also posted to the cloud and linked above)

Hi, sorry for your frustration. Have you tried learning Chinese?
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ioRX55vxltKs Posted at 2018-9-15 06:15

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on switching the language, did you try ''Reset All'' in Settings? It will reset the settings like brightness, volume, language to the default value, thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
djiuser_ioRX55vxltKs
New

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-9-15 15:47

Ah So! Sage advice.

Confucius say, "The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence."

My desire right now is to unlock the Chines and open the door to the English version!
Will post below if RESET (see #18) works.
Thanks!
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_ioRX55vxltKs
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-17 00:32
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on switching the language, did you try ''Reset All'' in Settings? It will reset the settings like brightness, volume, language to the default value, thank you.

Hi Mindy - Got it fixed!

It was part my fault (no surprise there) and partly DJI's fault (shocker!).

I was scrolling up and down thru the Goggles Settings (as you suggested) but there was no language select settings (only Volume, Brightness, IMU, etc.).

So I got on the phone to Tech Support today... within a few minutes I was on the phone with somebody and I had the Chinese Goggles up and running... they prompted me "Keep scrolling down."

Sure enuf, there was an Icon with a Letter A and a Globe (icon for 'language' I guess). And off that sub-menu was English and bingo (English for 'score!') it popped right into English.

The DJI part was that there is no traditional 'More' or 'Down Arrow' or 'Something' that told me there was 'more icons below.' I had no idea from the interface that there was more stuff below.

At any rate, setting back to English is a piece of cake - if you know to 'keep scrolling'!

So, "Keep scrolling folks and happy flying!"

2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ioRX55vxltKs Posted at 2018-9-19 17:25
Hi Mindy - Got it fixed!

It was part my fault (no surprise there) and partly DJI's fault (shocker!).

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, we will forward your concern to our engineers to keep optimizing our device, please let us know if you have any further issue.
2018-9-19
Use props
LetThereBeLight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15889 ft

Hungary

Hi, I bought a Dji Goggles, is the reset is fixed already or can I use it at all? Or will be my flight goes to the original owners account?
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_VddIhTMNIr5o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1374990 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-9-15 15:47

It's funny how many people (like me) choose the wrong language out of the box and had to spend time searching for an the answer instead of watching how-to setup DJI FPV videos on YouTube.   I do wonder if DJI made this pitfall as a joke or just dummy proofed their gear.

Update:  Wow, still can't figure this out.  I went through all the options and there is no logo with an A on it.  What are you talking about?  What menu is that in?  Count from the bottom, 1, 2, 3.   I can't be the only one trying to learn Chinese!

Update:  Ok, I was able to find the menu to change the languages.  On the menu on the left side, choose the bottom option (press right on the joystick on Settings).  Then choose the bottom option that is displayed on the right side (About).  A new screen replaces the right side with new options.  Choose the second from the bottom, but make sure you scroll down as there are more options below the first page.  The second from the bottom is languages.  Hopefully I articulated what is needed for others to follow.

Update:  I hit reset all button instead of the lanuages and it brought up the first screen where you choose languages.  The reset all button is like the languages button, but the first one from the bottom.

2021-3-21
Use props
fans5a1b28a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15180 ft
Canada

Hi! my V2 Goggles are stuck on FPV mode and I the option to toggle back disappeared.... I'm trying to find a way to reset the Goggles but it seems like it is impossible. Any advice? I'm starting to loose faith on DJI customer support.
2021-3-27
Use props
Ginmax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2363091 ft
Russia

fans5a1b28a6 Posted at 3-27 12:30
Hi! my V2 Goggles are stuck on FPV mode and I the option to toggle back disappeared.... I'm trying to find a way to reset the Goggles but it seems like it is impossible. Any advice? I'm starting to loose faith on DJI customer support.

I have the same problem
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_AJyziQSaedHT
New

United States

djiuser_VddIhTMNIr5o Posted at 3-21 22:43
It's funny how many people (like me) choose the wrong language out of the box and had to spend time searching for an the answer instead of watching how-to setup DJI FPV videos on YouTube.   I do wonder if DJI made this pitfall as a joke or just dummy proofed their gear.

Update:  Wow, still can't figure this out.  I went through all the options and there is no logo with an A on it.  What are you talking about?  What menu is that in?  Count from the bottom, 1, 2, 3.   I can't be the only one trying to learn Chinese!

This was the post that helped me the most getting mine back to the "select language" page. Bear in mind, these are not EXACT instructions! Looking through the goggles, use the D5 button and toggle to the bottom selection "settings".. Select "settings". Now.. Using the same button (D5), toggle your way to the bottom of the list. (There is at least 2 pages..) Now, you're almost there.. Somewhere near the bottom *second from the last?) is a numeric entry (answer/selection) that YOU CAN READ, That's NOT the one you want, select and open the one before it and the one after it. You'll know you have the right one when what pops up are 2 boxes, and the one on the right is written in RED. (Has the distinct "are you sure?" feeling to it!!! Select this and you'll find yourself back on the "select language" page.
NOW, PAY ATTENTION HERE!!!
Once I got back to the "select language" page, I caught myself MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE!!!! Go slow and BE CAREFUL! It's very easy to send yourself RIGHT BACK TO CHINA!!!.

Good Luck! I was at it for about 5 hours trying different things and reading posts like this! ;-)

Here's some thoughts after it's all been fixed..
1. Don't be afraid to CHANGE anything! Once you are back into English, you will be able to change them back of restore everything to default settings anyways!
2. Remember, there is the same # of options in Chinese as there are in English. If you can find a breakdown that explains what the individual selections/options mean, you will have located where you need to be to make the changes you want.. All you have to do is basically COUNT and not freak out over not being able to read the words!

Please Let Me Know If This Helps and PAY IT FORWARD!!!
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_onE0ug1Io9yU
New
Flight distance : 322388 ft

United Kingdom

hello I bought the DJI v2 goggles quite recently in March and I have a problem after connecting to a computer to update or refresh, I cannot solve this problem
2022-6-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules