airplane boarding with SPARK
7572 9 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bunnybread
New
Flight distance : 1102480 ft
South Korea

Hi, I'm going Euro Travel on this November. (Red letter means transfer)

(Korea - China - Russia) - Greece - Italy - Switzerland - Czech - (Russia - Korea)

and I bought Spark Combo for this trip. (it should be arrived until November)

Anyway.. My concern is... when i bring my SPARK with 3 batteries and go onboard airplane,

does any problem happen?

I heard each countries have different rules, and some countries don't allow to bring Li-Po battery into airplane.

If I can't bring my Spark to airplane, I should cancle my order.

Is anyone who knows about this rule here?

Or.. Is anyone here who already have successed oversea trip with own drone?

Please help me to know about this...

Thank you.
2017-5-29
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

To be on the safe side, best to check each airline's requirements.
2017-5-29
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Those are international rules, and I have not encountered any airline worldwide (and I travel a lot) that didn't allow me to bring my drone, batteries or other Li-Po or Li-Ion batteries on board. Normally the limit is 99 Wh total battery size.
2017-5-30
Use props
Pepeba23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1143251 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

i travel to korea with mavic pro, mavic bag, 3 lipos. (airpot transfer) (LA to Korea, to Thailand) no problem.
2017-5-31
Use props
DiveApp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

And what about propellers? Can they be boarded, or must be checked in with luggage?
2017-8-17
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137369 ft
United Kingdom

i flew in and out of china and thailand, also domestically around china and thailand earlier this month (6 flights total) with standard storage case with 3 batteries (one attached to drone), one full set of spare propellers, and then tossed in two more batteries into my backpack and finally the remote.  All batteries were fully charged but I just read from DJI Susan that you should fly with fully discharged batteries (less than 5%).   

As for my experience during these two weeks, all security checks asked for the standard power bank (China checks the capacity of these, but not in thailand) laptops and iPads to be taken out.  I left my spark and its batteries in my bag which went through the x-ray machines.  Not once did anyone ask me to open up my backpack and show them either the drone or the batteries.

I saw MANY signs that you can carry at most 2 spare batteries per person.  Since I was traveling with my gf I took the gamble just to see what happened, and was prepared to just pass 2 to my gf if i was given any hassle.  I wasn't but YMMV.  
2017-8-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sounds like a gamble indeed.
I would definitely check with the airlines and airport regulations.
2017-8-17
Use props
DiveApp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

FYI https://www.iata.org/whatwedo/ca ... lithium-battery.pdf
2017-8-21
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i flew with the spark fly-more without a hitch.
2017-8-21
Use props
ANHTUANNN503
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17986 ft
Netherlands

I received my Spark one day before my vacation to Vietnam so I didn't have any experience yet. Over there they want you to apply via letter to bring the drone.
It would take weeks to get a response and some people haven't even gotten a response. I also read somewhere a guy even got deported for flying near a government building and some people's drone was taken from them at the airport.

I flew from Dusseldorf to Dubai and from Dubai to Hanoi but didn't encounter any problems. I had the drone in my suitcase and the batteries in my carry on luggage. Nobody even asked me about it.
The only issue of flying in the city was that there are many wifi connections that can easily interfere with your drone.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules