Flying @ H350 L770 obstical warning
547 2 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

flying along filming the little town I live in following the road  @ 350 height and distance about 778 ft away from home base having about 14 minuets of flight time. and out of the blue I get an obstical warning
Warning the mavic just stops   any ideas.?....
major pucker factor ............
On another note the Mavic pro exceeded my wildest dreams.! what a pure pleasure to fly....... C
sorry for the spelling and puncuation

2017-5-29
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

My Mavic does this too I think it's a common weakness of the OA system. Forward OA sensor is being triggered by sun with craft pointing in it's direction and sun is relatively low on the horizon.
I try not to rely on OA under these conditions. Best to just turn off OA if it starts to do this or else alter crafts angle relative to suns rays.
In certain scenarios wherein one has lost visual reference to craft and also radio control / video link, RTH could auto initiate and then the craft might experience this false OA error and stop mid flight, failing to return home. Something to be aware of anyway.
2017-5-29
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

thanks for the reply.....
I watch the video were this happens .
I believe your right........... sun glare issue.
I will turn off the OA but as a newbe  there's  alot going on/look at on the controller and phone
while flying this marvel machine as the more flight time I get I will be able to tune out the non important stuff Like camera Icons setting menu during flight
Thanks Again ......C
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules