Mavic : Aircraft disconnected
23491 21 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4e59c11e
New
France

I often have this issue : while flying with my Mavic, the app turns to "Aircraft disconnected". At this moment, I can control the Mavic, and have the video feedback. This can occur with the Mavic close to me. I can see that the recorded video file in the Mavic is splitted at each  "Aircraft disconnected". This issue occurs often, for a couple of minute. That's really annoying because I'm not enough confident any more to make long flight. I always use last firmware and software version.
2017-5-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Do you have the antennas set to the correct angle on the RC and do you always have the RC facing the Mavic?
2017-5-29
Use props
fans4e59c11e
New
France

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-29 21:29
Do you have the antennas set to the correct angle on the RC and do you always have the RC facing the Mavic?

Thanks for your reply, yes regarding the antennes, and I always face to the Mavic
2017-5-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fans4e59c11e Posted at 2017-5-29 22:02
Thanks for your reply, yes regarding the antennes, and I always face to the Mavic

Just to confirm, is the Mavic disconnected from the RC or is it the app that is disconnected. In your first post you said you could still control the Mavic so that seems to mean that it is the app which is disconnecting. If that is the case then I would try a different cable or use a different port on the RC.
2017-5-29
Use props
fans4e59c11e
New
France

The app says "Aircraft disconnected", I dont think it comes from USB (already tried other câble...). I'm pretty sure that comes from djigo 4 app... I saw on different forums that many people have this issue with Android
2017-5-30
Use props
fansf954ef7c
New
Flight distance : 268635 ft
Brazil

While I´m flying. The control blink the screen, while in the same time the DJI GO 4 image turn black and white and I receive the message "Aircraft disconnected".  What could I do about it?  I have confidence in the return to home feature.
2017-7-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansf954ef7c Posted at 2017-7-2 10:24
While I´m flying. The control blink the screen, while in the same time the DJI GO 4 image turn black and white and I receive the message "Aircraft disconnected".  What could I do about it?  I have confidence in the return to home feature.

What could I do about it?

There's not enough information in your post to provide any meaningful advice. How far away was the aircraft from you? What sort of environment (rural / urban / suburban) were you flying in? Were the controller's antennae positioned correctly? Specifically what model of mobile device and which operating system version were you using?

It may also not hurt for you to upload the (TXT) flight log to PhantomHelp using these instructions and then post a link to the log here.
2017-7-2
Use props
Gulstav11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105597 ft
Germany

i have the same issue and it occurs quiet often. Sometimes the reboot of the phone works. I think the disconnection refers to the image transmission, not the RC. But I also don't have anyidea why this happens.

I have my mavic since last December. At the beginning it works fine. After several updates, this issue happened. I believe it is SW bug.
2017-7-3
Use props
Gulstav11
lvl.1
Germany

Gulstav11 Posted at 2017-7-3 02:15
i have the same issue and it occurs quiet often. Sometimes the reboot of the phone works. I think the disconnection refers to the image transmission, not the RC. But I also don't have anyidea why this happens.

I have my mavic since last December. At the beginning it works fine. After several updates, this issue happened. I believe it is SW bug.

i have just tried, same story again.

WeChat Image_20170703130508.jpg

WeChat Image_20170703130503.jpg

2017-7-3
Use props
fanscdfb5121
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

I had a similar problem with my Mavic. What works for me is after everything has booted up and made GPS connections, I put my phone in Airplane mode (iPhone 7) and it has not disconnected since.

I know the feeling of flying around and then all of sudden you lose your image feed (panic) That's when you're hoping you still have visual sight of your Mavic.
2017-7-3
Use props
Gulstav11
lvl.1
Germany

fanscdfb5121 Posted at 2017-7-3 05:35
I had a similar problem with my Mavic. What works for me is after everything has booted up and made GPS connections, I put my phone in Airplane mode (iPhone 7) and it has not disconnected since.

I know the feeling of flying around and then all of sudden you lose your image feed (panic) That's when you're hoping you still have visual sight of your Mavic.

thanks for this tip, I would like to try next time. But just one disadvantage, in that case I am not able to use the online map anymore.
2017-7-4
Use props
Berlinwolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17582 ft
Germany

Gulstav11 Posted at 2017-7-4 09:45
thanks for this tip, I would like to try next time. But just one disadvantage, in that case I am not able to use the online map anymore.

I think Your Problem is different to the one that was explained first... it seems to me that you have a problem with the USB connection from RC to iPhone...
2017-7-4
Use props
Gulstav11
lvl.1
Germany

Berlinwolf Posted at 2017-7-4 10:45
I think Your Problem is different to the one that was explained first... it seems to me that you have a problem with the USB connection from RC to iPhone...

i have also thought about this possibility and bought new usb cable between the RC and cell phone but the result is the same. I have no idea what is the root cause now.
2017-7-11
Use props
benji89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411109 ft
France

I've got the same issue. Any solution here ?
2017-8-9
Use props
fans1541e344
New
Flight distance : 157444 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I  have  the same issues too the last days with my DJI Mavic pro and I think I have found the solution (I hope) . While I am on holiday in France the last week I saw  on my screen every  time "aircraft disconnected" and Radio Channel poor because strong wireless interference. I was standing in the middle of nowhere in a beautiful landscape, but wasn't able to fly. This morning I tried again and used a USB-cable in the middel of the remote. Still the same: aircraft disconnected. I wasn't even running the motors. Then I saw that I forgot to take out the USB-connector at the leeft side of the RC. When I took that out I immediately had connection with my drone. By the way: I use a Samsung Note3 and it was on aircraft mode. I hope it will help other Mavic pilots too.
2017-8-14
Use props
PzHbFhr
New
Flight distance : 27753 ft
Kosovo

Hey Guys,

For everybody still having problems with this, setting my phone (Galaxy S6) to flight mode really seems to have solved it for me.

Good luck, fingers crossed...
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_LnKkZbM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 630623 ft
Thailand

Today I had 3 aircraft disconnects each time I managed to initiate return to home on the controller. I lost visual video contact and telemetry.  Next flight I changed USB cables. Result a perfect flight. The disconnect was the app via bad USB cable not a real disconnect. If your mavic is disconnecting try changing your USB cable it worked for me!
2017-9-25
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to admit to having my love of the Air knocked a bit the other week after suffering the same issue.  Aircraft suffered strong interference,  disconnecting and reconnecting despite it being less than 400 metres away. Announced it was going to RTH and then shot off in completely the wrong direction, despite my home point being recorded properly when I took off.   This happened twice in the space of 5 minutes;
Each time I was able to cancel the RTH when it reconnected and fly it back to my actual location....
And then last week I was able to fly over 2,000 metres away without issue.  It's not consistent, and stories like the OP's are sad to read.  Hopefully DJI will do the right thing here.

Ian
2018-5-25
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

I have this problem and is very annoying. I lost confidence on the Mavic.  I have seen other forum topics discussing this issue in the past.
You can try connect your device using the regular USB-A port at the bottom of the RC. For me, when I use this connection method I have no App disconnect issues.

It still is inconvenient for me to use this port as I would like to use the side USB but it solves this issue.  
2018-5-25
Use props
MSeq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60535 ft
Poland

Hello, I have a problem with connection between AC and my RC. Randomly RC loses connection with AC even on few meters when i'am not flying. below a have place link to onedrive with vide wich shows this problem.
ANYONE CAN HELP ! PLEASE
2018-12-7
Use props
MSeq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60535 ft
Poland

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkXyZL99TOTyplgQg4WYeCSQJNtb
2018-12-7
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

IMHO it`s got to do with the environment that one flies in.

Sometimes I get the same situation and though I cannot attribute it to specific circumstances I`d like to venture that either the craft is too far away or it is "behind" (blocked) some obstacle.  It has happened a few times even though I had LOS (Line-of-Sight) but it may just have been interference from mobile phones.
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules