Solid Red Light, poor packaging.
883 3 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nathan.buck
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi folks,

Got the Phantom 2 yesterday with H4-3D gimbal. Must admit I was very disappointed by the packaging it was shipped in. A large cardboard box with no padding at the ends. It was a bit battered and crumpled on one side too.

Anyway, it seemed alright once I got it out the box. I found the instructions a little vague and in my confusion I accidentally pushed the two washers on the gimbal plate all the way down (stupid as I had them in the right position and then I looked at the manual and saw they were pushed all the way down on the image - but I looked at the wrong bit.) Hopefully that won't be too much of a problem? There are two spares so I can chop them off and do it again if needs be?

My main issue is the red light though. Just a solid red when I turn it on. I go into compass calibration mode - rotate and it goes green, then tip it forward like in the image and rotate again and it just goes back to a solid red light again. I've tried on its front and back and it all ends up the same.

Any ideas? I haven't updated firmware or anything yet (no idea how - nothing in the instructions about installing software on your PC or anything?!) Luckily I'm a bit tech savvy so know to check the website, but still. Very poor in that area.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2015-3-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Go to products, then select the Phantom you have, then go to downloads and there you will find the updated manual.  As far as the damage to the packaging, that is an issue with the shippers, not with DJI.
2015-3-11
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

nathan.buck, check out this video:
2015-3-11
Use props
nathan.buck
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guys. Gerry, my issue with the packaging wasn't so much the damage to it but the fact they had put a smaller box in a bigger box without providing any cushioning to stop it moving about inside. I would expect the box to get bashed about a bit as it got shipped all the way from China - but my point is so should DJI and as such they should provide better packaging

Mike - I'll go check that video. I'm at work at the minute so will have to have another go tonight!
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules