Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please DJI enable 1080P 25FPS recording with the Spark
16480 128 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Jos A Posted at 2017-12-4 10:34
We live in the 20 century, all tv's, mediaplayers ,phones and monitors can handle the 30 fps, so why asking for the 25 fps ??  update your own things.
Do you fly indoors? That's the only thing for having the 25 fps in europe.

I agree with you, totally
2018-8-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

People where did you live?
You did not read, tbe data sheet before tbe purchase? Spark gives you what you need to know. No problem wjth the right software(GrassValley Edius) can be perfectly mixed 25fps with 30 fps. Nice and smooth result.
2018-8-31
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-31 01:11
You did not read, tbe data sheet before tbe purchase? Spark gives you what you need to know. No problem wjth the right software(GrassValley Edius) can be perfectly mixed 25fps with 30 fps. Nice and smooth result.

Does it also resolve the flickering of artificial lights? Shooting 50Hz driven lights with 30fps causes image to flicker due to interference.
2018-8-31
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Captain
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Maybe in the Spark 2... or Spark Pro
2018-8-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-8-31 02:55
Does it also resolve the flickering of artificial lights? Shooting 50Hz driven lights with 30fps causes image to flicker due to interference.

I did not buy it for an evening recording, I knew it was 30fps.
This tiny camera is not really for night scenes. Night shots are noisy and ugly. Anyone who wants to make a recording in the evening, which I think is an extreme circumstance to buy Mavic pro or Mavic 2 pro.

I think this is not a firmware issue because it uses hardware encoding, so it will not know 25fps as well as 4K will not be able to read the correct (FHD) part of the 4K sensor electronically to stabilize Yaw movements. The 4K image would be an unsurpassed picture, which if you were to stabilize software again, you would only get Full HD again.

So without exact knowledge, do not ask for nonsense ...
2018-8-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

You buy a sports car, then you go out into the field and hang on a rock. Do you write a letter to the sports car manufacturer to build on off-road capabilities now?

No! ... Who wants to drive on the terrain, take the off-road car!
2018-8-31
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
First Officer

Hungary

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-8-31 01:11

Here is the evidence that there is only one good software and no problem with 30fps conversion (or mixing) to 25fps.
Here you can find the original Spark recording and the color graded 25fps recording, which is completely smooth and free of jamming.
The recording was edited and rendered by Grassvalley Edius 9 Editor.
https://mega.nz/#!xrBC2SZa!l5Nv3 ... hJ43frjQ1RZ9fEltmns
https://mega.nz/#!5zIWTCjQ!NVibI ... IV5ZRaRpn7rNdBBkZF0

2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_6lyA8ETYCmTD
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes please, DJI! Make it possible for Spark to switch to 25fps! I understand it is your basic drone, but still not a cheap one. And for use in Europe it should have the 25fps option. I am very disappointed that the option isn't there.
2018-11-6
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I am betting that the reason that DJI does not open up 24fps or anything slower than 30FPS is that .. with the spark on the 'toy' end of their prosumer/consumer drones... the figured the average guy would not get good look footage using it.. the 180 shutter rule on a cheap camera with these specs would REQUIRE ND filters to get it to look even remotely smooth

on the mavic pro.. trying to film in 24fps (better camera) without ND filters results in very jittery pans and that is on a 3 axis gimbal .. without using filters...

I think its this was a a compromise of bitrate for cheaper hardware and to reduce complaints from 'new/inexperianced' users that would not be getting good looking footage...

now if you are not shooting a scene that requires 'real time' you can take that 30 fps and have the NLE use it at 24fps playback.. it won't drop frames if you don't keep it at 1:1 speed playback but let it slow it down.. it will make the footage look smoother but its not realtime .. it would be slightly slo-mo ..

to get buttery looking stuff on the spark.. just like with more expensive drones though .. filters are required.. but to be honest ... most people want to fly and turn too fast to capture even at 30fps...   inputs and flight profiles have to be very slow and methodical to make 30 and 24fps look good...

2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules