Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU cal and heat
1205 7 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Every time I calibrate the IMU I get an error message that the MC is too hot and to shut down and let it cool off.  First, stupid question, what is the MC?  Second, why do I get this message?  I took the quad outside and let it sit in 40 degree weather powered down for 20 minutes.  Brought it inside, inserted battery, powered TX/Phantom then started software and immediately went to IMU cal and with the Phantom cold to my touch and only being powered for less than a minute, I get the same message that the MC is too hot.  I know it says that the cal will be more accurate if it is cool, but does it matter that much if I let the cal complete?  Will it be that much off?

2015-3-11
Use props
cayers13
lvl.4

United States

I think it's a glitch, if you cancel it and run it again immediately it should finish
2015-3-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

Yeah it's a glitch which DJI doesn't feel the need for fixing,  just ignore the message.
2015-3-11
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Perfect, thank you!  

I did ignore the message the second time, the first time I stopped the cal.  When I hooked it back up after letting it sit it immediately told me to cal the IMU.  I did and ignored the message and the cal completed.
2015-3-11
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.4

United States

I can get it to complete two ways. 1 is to do the calibration next to my back door when it was cold out side and I would just open the door and the cold air would allow it to complete.
Way 2 i did just to see if it would work and that is to turn your air conditioner on and set the phantom next to the vent and it was able to complete without the error.
Somthing to remember is the phantom has to be perfectly level when you do the calibration. I use a bubble level and sheets of papaer under a small board to get the perfect level.

2015-3-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
Second Officer

Mexico

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-11 22:18
Perfect, thank you!  

I did ignore the message the second time, the first time I stopped the cal.   ...

It usually does complete the calibration a bit faster if it is cooler but the message still appears, it will also complete it if it is warmer ;)
Here is my way of seeing it, what good is a calibration when it cannot be done at normal operating temperature?
2015-3-11
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.4

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-3-11 22:27
It usually does complete the calibration a bit faster if it is cooler but the message still appears ...

When i cool mine I do not get the warning, but i have to be cooling it while I am doing the calibration. Maybe its just luck.
2015-3-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

MC is the master controller of the Phantom.  
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules