Passed the FAA Part 107 – Receipt of License
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

I passed the FAA Part 107 test (40+) days ago and received a temp license on FAA IACRA site which is good for (60) days. Is there a method to check status a permanent license?
2017-5-31
Use props
andyc57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

Great congratulations question Gillega  did you study on your own or did a  webbase study course if so witch one thanks again congratulations
2017-5-31
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the IRCA site the under "Airman Certificate" the certificate type will change from temporary certificate to "Remote Pilot" and they will give you an actual certificate number.  
I passed the test on 9-1-2016 got my temp certificate on 9-2-2016 and did not receive my actual license in the mail till the very beginning of October 2016....the 6th to be exact.
2017-5-31
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Actually I'm a little surprised........my Temporary Airman's Certificate from the FAA lasted 120 days from the date of issuance......9-2-2016
2017-5-31
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

andyc57 Posted at 2017-5-31 12:05
Great congratulations question Gillega  did you study on your own or did a  webbase study course if so witch one thanks again congratulations

Andy,

There are a lot of good courses out there.......Flyaerodrome.com and Sporty's Pilot Shop to name a couple.
I studied on my own and read twice cover to cover the Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge.  I also read Airman Knowledge Testing Supplement for Sport Pilot, Recreational Pilot, and Private Pilot.

I have a colleague  that is doing one of the many online courses, and we will see how that goes.

The test is 60 questions and you have to go to an FAA authorized testing center.  They give you 2 hours to complete the test and you are only allowed to use the materials they give you as well as pencils they supply, that you can use to mark on the materials and calculate certain equations.  No cell phones or material you bring in.

70% is a passing score, and if you fail you can retest in 14 days...........of course you have to pay the $150 again which is a bummer.

Hope this info helps!

2017-5-31
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations on passing the FAA exam!  Can you share with us if you have any background in aviation? How did you study for the exam?
2017-5-31
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

I believe if you look at the bottom of your temp certificate it says it expires 120 days after date of issue. I passed the test on 4/25/2017, received my temp on 4/27 and I am still waiting for the permanent one. On IACRA it says they are currnetly working on temp certificates issued around 3/25 so it would seem they are running a few months behind.  
2017-6-7
Use props
FMcNeely
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446329 ft
United States

I passed on 4/5/17 and got my license card in the mail on 6/1/17. In the interrum, I called the number on the IACRA site and they explained that things were running about 60 days out. Patience will win the day. I know how excited you must be.
2017-6-7
Use props
Sam H
lvl.4
United States

My wife, no flying experience except with me, and I, licensed private pilot, passed our part 107 test's first time. We used the King Schools Course:

http://www.kingschools.com/groun ... lot/courses/written

I'm NOT getting a kick back, but used King to pass both Private and Remote Pilot tests $99 not a bad price for a "Guaranteed" pass.

Just my $.02
2017-6-7
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

Getting this cert is one of my goals for this year. Congratulations Gillega!
2017-6-27
Use props
Gillega
lvl.2
United States

FAA license arrived in mail - good to go
2017-6-29
Use props
fans26405633
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130837 ft
United States

Sam H Posted at 2017-6-7 17:11
My wife, no flying experience except with me, and I, licensed private pilot, passed our part 107 test's first time. We used the King Schools Course:

http://www.kingschools.com/ground-school/drone-pilot/courses/written

I did the King School online course too. Very cheap compared to some of the other courses and good to boot.

Just out of curiosity, since you have a PPL why did you go to the bother of doing the Part 107? You could have just done the FAA online course and saved yourself the expense of the class and the test...

https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/ALC/CourseLanding.aspx?cID=451
2017-6-29
Use props
Sam H
lvl.4
United States

fans26405633 Posted at 2017-6-29 11:29
I did the King School online course too. Very cheap compared to some of the other courses and good to boot.

Just out of curiosity, since you have a PPL why did you go to the bother of doing the Part 107? You could have just done the FAA online course and saved yourself the expense of the class and the test...

You have to have current medical and be current on a Bi-Annual Flight Review, all of that is More $ than the $99 for the King...also to give my wife a study partner.
2017-7-1
Use props
Lowspark420
lvl.1
United States

I'm a newbie...so it may be a stupid question, but what are the advantages or reasons for someone to want to be Part 107 certified?
2017-7-1
Use props
fans26405633
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130837 ft
United States

To fly a drone for profit you need 107
2017-7-5
Use props
Sam H
lvl.4
United States

We took and passed test on 08MAY17, license arrived in mail today 06JUL17...
We are good to go SH OAKIE!!!
2017-7-6
Use props
Thenhan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275571 ft
United States

Lowspark420 Posted at 2017-7-1 16:06
I'm a newbie...so it may be a stupid question, but what are the advantages or reasons for someone to want to be Part 107 certified?

To fly a drone in G Air Space.  Don't need to call/notify Heliports within 5 miles.  More details at https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/
2017-12-14
Use props
Thenhan
lvl.1
United States

andyc57 Posted at 2017-5-31 12:05

I study on my own using FAA materials and free study guides from the web.  One thing I can say that if you just use the free web study guide and you pass the test, you are the lucky one.  I recommend to study FAA study guide, then use the free web for test question examples.

2017-12-14
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://online.prepware.com/signin

another good source to take practice exams.  
2017-12-14
Use props
Thenhan
lvl.1
United States

Jeffyk Posted at 2017-5-31 13:45
Congratulations on passing the FAA exam!  Can you share with us if you have any background in aviation? How did you study for the exam?

Hello,

Read all study materials from FAA if you can (Link below), then search for free sample questions from the internet.  Link to FAA's part 107 study materials:

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_ ... /remote_pilot_cert/

2017-12-15
Use props
flyingj51
New

United States

Im a long time private and commercial pilot.  I heard that you can get your drone license (part 107) by just taking the FAA test.  I took the test and got a certificate for passing the test.  When I went to IACRA to get my part 107 license, uploaded the certificate and all, then it said my application is incomplete and I need a recommendation from a flight instructor or examiner.  Is this correct?  Are there flight examiners for part 107?
2017-12-27
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

flyingj51 Posted at 2017-12-27 09:03
Im a long time private and commercial pilot.  I heard that you can get your drone license (part 107) by just taking the FAA test.  I took the test and got a certificate for passing the test.  When I went to IACRA to get my part 107 license, uploaded the certificate and all, then it said my application is incomplete and I need a recommendation from a flight instructor or examiner.  Is this correct?  Are there flight examiners for part 107?

" I need a recommendation from a flight instructor or examiner."

Strange because if you took and passed the PT 107 exam at the FAA testing site, that should suffice. That's considered a flight instructor/examiner site.

Unless I'm missing something. After 48 hours of passing the test, you need to enter your info on the application the IACRA site then that'll start the clock. You'll get the card in the mail within 60 days.

2017-12-27
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You uploaded your certificate? I don't recall doing that. After 48 hrs I went to the IACRA site and there I noticed they had my testing scores which allowed me to then proceed with filling out the application.
2017-12-27
Use props
flyingj51
New

United States

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-27 10:50
You uploaded your certificate? I don't recall doing that. After 48 hrs I went to the IACRA site and there I noticed they had my testing scores which allowed me to then proceed with filling out the application.

Thanks,
I'll try IACRA again.
2017-12-27
Use props
Ripside
lvl.1

United States

Thenhan Posted at 2017-12-14 12:47
I study on my own using FAA materials and free study guides from the web.  One thing I can say that if you just use the free web study guide and you pass the test, you are the lucky one.  I recommend to study FAA study guide, then use the free web for test question examples.

I used only online materials (Northrop's video, FAA materials, everything I could find) - and a $5 Android app "Remote Pilot" that grades you on practice questions.

I passed with a 97% today.
2018-3-3
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Flyingj51, yes sir your going to need a CFI to electronically sign off on your application to complete your 107. This is to varifiy your Last BFR.
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules