2333 17 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ste09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97395 ft
Italy

Hi everyone,
I want to share with you my recent experience with DJI support. I bought a new Mavic PRO from DJI online store back in April but due to bad weather i had few occasions to fly the drone. After a couple small flights it became clear that something was not working properly, the drone kept reporting a cryptic "Navigation System Error: Check Redundancy State" error and persistently refused to let me start the engines. Tried any possible combination of compass/IMU calibration, firmware update, reset, pairing, dark rituals, nothing worked
Being a forum reader for some time, at that point all my fears materialized and i thought "ok, i'm done. i've red enough posts about people complaining about DJI support, stories of peoples sending in equipments for a simple repair and receiving back weird FrankenDrones directly from hell, or in some situations nothing at all". Still, I had no choiche but to proceed.
I contacted DJI support, twice. The first attempt was not the best, but let's forget about it. In my second chat, I found a really competent support guy that not only tried to tame my fears but patiently guided me through the online request for repair (and since i was scared as s**t it took some time).
I received the prepaid sticker and sent the drone to the Netherland repair center and after the exact maximum time, i received my drone back, fully repaired and with no additional damage (just tried it for a couple flights)
I don't think i've been lucky, it's just that other people posting here have been let's say "unfortunate". It took more or less two weeks but every step in the process was clearly timed and explained. They told me they had to replace the faulty GPS module under warranty and they did it.
What i'm trying to point out with this post, is that sometimes it would be nice to read something positive and not only rants. I refuse to think that every single person out there had a horrible experience with support
To the whole DJI support team and forum moderatos I send my thanks.

2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting your positive experience.
And everyone posts the negative but only a rare few will post the positive.
2017-5-31
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

People should also post + support like so instead of mostly negative ones.
We all know that Forums are were people go to look for answers/tips/tricks/issues/experiences (good/bad).
If any 1 more out there have a positive support received from DJI lets hear it.
2017-5-31
Use props
Ste09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97395 ft
Italy

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-5-31 09:33
How much did DJI pay you?

i'll take this one just as a funny joke
2017-5-31
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-5-31 10:17
People should also post + support like so instead of mostly negative ones.
We all know that Forums are were people go to look for answers/tips/tricks/issues/experiences (good/bad).
If any 1 more out there have a positive support received from DJI lets hear it.

Totally agree with you.
Positive remarks/posts will be a great support for everyone working at DJI.
There is always room for improvement but i believe in the power of positive constructive dialogue instead of negative rants
2017-5-31
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Double check the serial number on the drone you received back.... you should of had 2 emails, the first one is informing you they received your drone in the never lands for repair, on this email there is a serial number of the drone you sent in for repair... you would have received another email when they inform you that they have passed your drone back for delivery, this will also have a serial number of the drone being returned. Are the serial numbers different ?  
2017-5-31
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have also sent my drone back for repair FedEx delivered it to them on Monday but I have not received any email or notification from DJI that they have received it, I just hope I have a positive experience as you have
2017-5-31
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Ste09 Posted at 2017-5-31 10:58
i'll take this one just as a funny joke

2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not many bother to post the positive here, but I think by and far most are treated like you were, it's unfortunate as you say for some of the guys we here about around here, but there is a big drop in people complaining even around here. Good job Ste09
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-31 12:11
I have also sent my drone back for repair FedEx delivered it to them on Monday but I have not received any email or notification from DJI that they have received it, I just hope I have a positive experience as you have

May I have the case number? I will help to look into it.
2017-5-31
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I'm hoping for a positive outcome too.  I have a couple of friends who are on the fence about whether to buy DJI or a different brand.  It all depends on the service I get on my drone.
2017-5-31
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 19:33
May I have the case number? I will help to look into it.

Hi Mindy,

CAS-659410-Z5M6G2

Thank You ;-)
2017-5-31
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Let's be honest. It's great to hear these positive experiences!
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-5-31 23:20
Hi Mindy,

CAS-659410-Z5M6G2

We are sorry about the slow logistics, the package we have received and it's waiting to be recorded in our system, we will send email to you once it is recorded, please sit tight, we will help you get an update soon.
2017-5-31
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 23:51
We are sorry about the slow logistics, the package we have received and it's waiting to be recorded in our system, we will send email to you once it is recorded, please sit tight, we will help you get an update soon.

Thanks Mindy,

As long as its in good hands and its being dealt with I will await news ;-)
2017-6-1
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-31 23:51

Hi Mindy,
I still have not heard anything back, it has been over a week now that the Mavic was delivered back to the repair centre, I have also just checked the online repair portal and it is saying you have not received it? this is the message I get,
Please send back your product as soon as possible. If the product has not been received within 30 days, the case will be automatically closed.
Once the product is received, it will take 1-5 working days for unpacking. Please wait patiently.  

It has now been 8 days!
2017-6-5
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

It has been the weekend over here, with monday off, give it a day ;)
2017-6-5
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

That's totally right, most of the people do not post their good reviews.

Also, we have to give credit to the DJI Team here in the Forums, which is always answering and willing to help as much as they can when one of this "horror" stories get posted. Haven't seen the first post to go without the helpful intervention of one of DJI Team's member.

Keep it up DJI!!!!
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules