UPDATE #3 -Received the Goggles & Tried them on P4P, P4P+, MAVIC ...
3579 52 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 15:48
Just to cement your return/exchange time frame, you should start a case with Support so that it will ensure that you've notified the appropriate team within the proper time frame. While you may have notified us here, the Support team is the one that actually initiates the return/exchange process. 7 days is generally for refunds. If you were looking for to exchange them, then you do have a longer 14 day time frame.

Thx Jamie, Will do!

I am thinking at least to keep one of them in case they can be fixed/updated in the near future!

Will see.

2017-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

P4PCommander Posted at 2017-6-2 15:42
Just got mine a couple of Day's ago for my P4P AND I LOVE THEM very easy to setup and use....

Do you wear glasses?
2017-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

beeper Posted at 2017-6-2 16:08
DJI How can you release these goggles without testing them so they perform as advertised? It appears that DJI leaves it up to the consumer to test their products once again. We seem to see the same pattern every time a new product is released. Why can't DJI just get it right? It is hard to be loyal when this continually happens. DJI needs to work on a few areas of their business and get back on track to rebuild customer confidence.

I hear you man. As a corporation they really need to step up, spend more money on customer service, streamlining, almost every part of their operation to accomodate the rapid growth they are having.
But the Admin here their hands are tied and they do their best they can also they also need more admins in this forum too.

2017-6-2
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-2 06:13
I checked on amazon the NOOZ don't deliver to the US.. I don't know about Canada? Let us know!

I live in Los Angeles. never understood why this site wants to put me in canada.

the nooz was shipped a couple days ago so I should get it soon.
I ordered direct from the nooz site.
2017-6-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2017-6-4 19:51
I live in Los Angeles. never understood why this site wants to put me in canada.

the nooz was shipped a couple days ago so I should get it soon.

lol, Make sure you drone don't follow Canadian's rules!

Allright, I will order one from them too. Which strength did you get ?
2017-6-5
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-5 07:09
lol, Make sure you drone don't follow Canadian's rules!

Allright, I will order one from them too. Which strength did you get ?

Fun fact: i bought the p4pro-plus in november at launch day and to date ive not even turned over the motors.  

Once i get the goggles ill try to motivate myself to go out and play.  

This aircraft has maybe 64 feet of travel and that is from when DJI tested it in china back in may 2016 (i see the logs).  But yes the aircraft sees its in LA based on the RC's screen.

I got the highest because my eyes are old..

After i get these and see how they fit, ill likely get some more as spares.
2017-6-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2017-6-5 07:56
Fun fact: i bought the p4pro-plus in november at launch day and to date ive not even turned over the motors.  

Once i get the goggles ill try to motivate myself to go out and play.  

Thx, Got you...Man you need to grease the motors now before you fly...
2017-6-5
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
Mauritius

dronist Posted at 2017-6-5 08:04
Thx, Got you...Man you need to grease the motors now before you fly...

On another forum it was posted that head tracking for p4p+ was terrible with USB with big 10 second delays. It seems from this thread that it is actually okay?
2017-6-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdf50142f Posted at 2017-6-16 06:10
On another forum it was posted that head tracking for p4p+ was terrible with USB with big 10 second delays. It seems from this thread that it is actually okay?

I did not try head tracking yet because everyone else was saying it has a big lag and it also has the same lag with the MAIVC.

Did you try the head tracking with the HDMI connection?
2017-6-17
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ive seen videos with the mavic and goggles and head tracking was good. i can only see the delays get less and less with updated firmware.

ooh the nooz works with the goggles. although ive not fired up the aircraft yet (im sure i need to update everything since its on november 2016 firmware.. ) the nooz fits well inside the VR headset. i even ordered the rectangular version also.
2017-6-17
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-6-17 13:43
I did not try head tracking yet because everyone else was saying it has a big lag and it also has the same lag with the MAIVC.

Did you try the head tracking with the HDMI connection?

Headtracking is via USB only, not HDMI. I received my goggles and just did a quick test without flight with a p4p+ . In gimbal mode the delay was about 0.5s which was better than I expected. Guess they sorted some aspects of the lag in the latest firmware update.
2017-6-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdf50142f Posted at 2017-6-19 11:22
Headtracking is via USB only, not HDMI. I received my goggles and just did a quick test without flight with a p4p+ . In gimbal mode the delay was about 0.5s which was better than I expected. Guess they sorted some aspects of the lag in the latest firmware update.

Thx dude.!
2017-6-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marctronixx Posted at 2017-6-17 18:28
ive seen videos with the mavic and goggles and head tracking was good. i can only see the delays get less and less with updated firmware.

ooh the nooz works with the goggles. although ive not fired up the aircraft yet (im sure i need to update everything since its on november 2016 firmware..  ) the nooz fits well inside the VR headset. i even ordered the rectangular version also.

Great to know. How long did it take you to get them in?
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules