Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 IMU not calibrating
2940 8 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omnipresent
lvl.2

United States

Hello

My inspire 2 is not calibrating the IMU. Tried everything. Any suggestions
20170530_183847.jpg
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is everything up to date firmware wise? Have you tried resetting the unit to factory defaults in the Assistant 2 program? Is this happening right out of the box, or after a firmware update or hard landing?
2017-5-31
Use props
fansa127a1c0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3529121 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-31 18:05
Is everything up to date firmware wise? Have you tried resetting the unit to factory defaults in the Assistant 2 program? Is this happening right out of the box, or after a firmware update or hard landing?

Hello Jamie

Yes, I did the firmware refresh, firmware down grade, set default factory settings and nothing seems to work, updated back to the new firmware and same problem. I always get the same message even inside the air conditioning and after letting the aircraft cool down.  I have two Inspire 2 and they have flown perfect since day one, however last Sunday after a flight I got an IMU error on one of them. It stills let me flight since there's 2 IMU,  but I just don't wanna flight with only one working is pretty scary.
2017-6-1
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

put the I2 in a cold room. It was a problem on P3 and also P4. With the P3 i could get it in the fridge but the I2 is too big so a room with A/C get the temperature down to 15C if you can over night and then try again.
2017-6-1
Use props
fansa127a1c0
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-6-1 06:59
put the I2 in a cold room. It was a problem on P3 and also P4. With the P3 i could get it in the fridge but the I2 is too big so a room with A/C get the temperature down to 15C if you can over night and then try again.

Hello Dr Jon

I just placed the I2 in the fridge and recalibrated the IMU at 15C but still same problem. IMU 2 keeps giving the same 13 code.  I'm gonna have to send this bird back to DJI
2017-6-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansa127a1c0 Posted at 2017-6-1 08:51
Hello Dr Jon

I just placed the I2 in the fridge and recalibrated the IMU at 15C but still same problem. IMU 2 keeps giving the same 13 code.  I'm gonna have to send this bird back to DJI

If there were no changes after trying out post #4, then I would agree that sending it in would be the best course of action.
2017-6-2
Use props
fansa127a1c0
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I was able to finally calibrate the IMU. By some unknown reason when I used  Ipad mini 2 it doesn't calibrate IMU 2 and it overheats, but using an Ipad 4 the IMU calibrated perfectly.
2017-6-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa127a1c0 Posted at 2017-6-21 13:33
I was able to finally calibrate the IMU. By some unknown reason when I used  Ipad mini 2 it doesn't calibrate IMU 2 and it overheats, but using an Ipad 4 the IMU calibrated perfectly.

Glad you were able to figure this out. The iPad mini 2 CPU is now boarderlime power for the new stuff in Go 4 App

Please edit your title and put a ((solved)) to let people know you fixed it

Rich
2017-6-21
Use props
Willow Creative
lvl.1
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-21 20:40
Glad you were able to figure this out. The iPad mini 2 CPU is now boarderlime power for the new stuff in Go 4 App

Please edit your title and put a ((solved)) to let people know you fixed it

This sounds so illogical, but I am going to believe it for now, because I am now having issues where my Inspire 2 shudders(like the motors are not syncing correctly) like crazy and from doing some online research it could be my ipad mini 4! It's recommended to try either an Android or a i device with an older version of IOS. Now how does that make any sense?! haha I was thinking there should be a separation between the app and the i2. I will also try a IMU/compass calibration and see if that helps but the craziest ideas often work with DJI products.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules