Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Humble question can we fly the Mavic Pro with the controller only ?
1973 6 2017-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

I am asking because I see people complaining rightfully so that using their phones causes unforeseen issues. Like random back ground App downloads. Or calls or Text messages etc. So some people put their phone into Airplane Mode. But I tried this and and Using my Samsung Note 5, and the App and controller started beeping and giving me warnings. That they lost LTE Data could not verify App, Lost  GPS signal. Only wanted to do Atti Mode.

Correct me if I am wrong, we don't need LTE Data because many time due to remote locations. I feel like IPad for the GPS/GLONAS to be in my DJI drone. Not to be crippled by my cellphone.

I feel like this is DJIs intended hidden ulterior motives with all these new Firmware and Updates , The Mavic Pro in particular I will say Wants LTE Data to "Phone Home" and gives penalties or fines essentially tattletale for the Government,

I am on the newest DJI Go4 App and Newest Firmware for the Mavic Pro.

I fee like we should be allowed to fly these drones without the need for Cellphone and LTE Data. I am gonna buy a Dumb Tablet, Pre-download the Local Map Info. Because all these Warning ⚠️ s about LTE Data and GPS.

Don't rely on my cellphone, rely on your internal DJI GPS systems.

2017-5-31
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Yes you can fly your Mavic with just the remote.  You do not need the phone or iPad etc. unless you want FPV (first person view) and be able to adjust many other settings.
2017-5-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You have a vivid imagination.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans55aa4789
New
Flight distance : 30581 ft
United States

I m thinking about buying this drone to fly in home attics and crawl spaces.   Any opinions on it would work in this application.  
2017-6-1
Use props
fans55aa4789
New
United States

I m thinking about buying this drone to fly in home attics and crawl spaces.   Any opinions on it would work in this application.  
2017-6-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans55aa4789 Posted at 2017-6-1 04:48

By an Osmo, these aircraft were not designed to fly in crawl spaces.

If you want to use your Mavic try this.

https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ies/products/katana
2017-6-4
Use props
KEEN HOME INSPE
New
United States

i need to send something into non accessible areas to take pics.  any other ideas ?
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules