First flight and video... Tuscany
762 6 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yoshimitsu76
New
Ireland

https://youtu.be/3Nl1E_LKqnc

First experience on my Mavic. Tried Beginner Mode for 15 minutes but that was kinda boring. So flew 1.2km away following the dirt road to my house and back. Nerve wreking experience... my iPhone died at the further point and it was 3-4minutes of suspence before I heard the neighbor's dogs barking and knew that little wonder was flying back home.
Tried to get creative on my second and third flights but I realize I was touching the control way too much and probably need ND filters as well. Also my first video editing experince (on iMovie, dont love it I have to say) and again I realize I played a bit too much with the speed of each segment (just felt dull at times at regular speed).
Anyway, first of hopefully many flights and videos with my MP so do give feedback, I'm hear to learn from the more experinced pilots.

2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to Tuscany for a holiday very soon - any tips?
BTW, stunning opening sequence!!

Definitely get some ND filters.

Also, one tip, try and smooth out your motion. @50 onwards it gets a little jerky - other than that I like it - nice one!
2017-6-1
Use props
Yoshimitsu76
New
Ireland

paulbi Posted at 2017-6-1 03:08
I'm going to Tuscany for a holiday very soon - any tips?
BTW, stunning opening sequence!!

In general I've read that drone regulation is quite strict in Italy. Now, if you're out in the countryside and dont bother people you wont have any problems. But in cities or close to historical sites they may be a bit more aware of drones and call the police if you hang around too long or you're too daring/visible.
My thinking was to get up early (dawn) and fly with few people around and good lighting conditions. It'll also be quite hot during the day in the next few months (30+ degrees Celsius in cities now) so better to fly around dawn or dusk.
2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yoshimitsu76 Posted at 2017-6-1 04:57
In general I've read that drone regulation is quite strict in Italy. Now, if you're out in the countryside and dont bother people you wont have any problems. But in cities or close to historical sites they may be a bit more aware of drones and call the police if you hang around too long or you're too daring/visible.
My thinking was to get up early (dawn) and fly with few people around and good lighting conditions. It'll also be quite hot during the day in the next few months (30+ degrees Celsius in cities now) so better to fly around dawn or dusk.

Thanks for the insight. Helpful!

2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yoshimitsu76 Posted at 2017-6-1 04:57

Did you take your MP on as hand luggage? all ok??
2017-6-1
Use props
Yoshimitsu76
New
Ireland

paulbi Posted at 2017-6-1 05:03
Did you take your MP on as hand luggage? all ok??

So I had just ordered it and had DJI ship it to Italy directly. On my way back to Dublin, Ireland where I live I didnt have any problems bringing it on Ryanair at Pisa airport.
I did bring it on as hand luggage. I had all batteries around 50% charged (read somewhere about having them 50% or less). I also had read Ryanair's General Terms & Conditions and they have a section where they specifically talk about drones stating they should be brought on-board rather than checked and maximum cumulative battery wattage you can carry (which I was below with 3 batteries). I had that page saved on my iPad in case I needed to show airport security but there was no issues at all. The bag went through the x-ray machine with the MP and all paraphernalia of the Fly More kit and not a word from them.
2017-6-1
Use props
paulbi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yoshimitsu76 Posted at 2017-6-1 05:17
So I had just ordered it and had DJI ship it to Italy directly. On my way back to Dublin, Ireland where I live I didnt have any problems bringing it on Ryanair at Pisa airport.
I did bring it on as hand luggage. I had all batteries around 50% charged (read somewhere about having them 50% or less). I also had read Ryanair's General Terms & Conditions and they have a section where they specifically talk about drones stating they should be brought on-board rather than checked and maximum cumulative battery wattage you can carry (which I was below with 3 batteries). I had that page saved on my iPad in case I needed to show airport security but there was no issues at all. The bag went through the x-ray machine with the MP and all paraphernalia of the Fly More kit and not a word from them.

That's good to know. I'll be doing some thorough reading up as well before I fly so I don't get caught out.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules