Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse 1 + Osmo Handle - Does the mic work?
1284 3 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans83f80a1e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

One of the issues with the Osmo Mobile is that it is difficult or perhaps even impossible to use an external microphone.  If one has the original Osmo handle and purchases a Zenmuse 1 gimbal, is the microphone input on the Osmo handle active and able to be used as audio input into the phone?  I'm guessing not.  So, the real question:  can DJI consider adding that feature to allow the handle microphone input to be sent (via bluetooth) to the phone as the audio input?  
2017-6-1
Use props
Visterio
New

Poland

I saw some ultimate review on YT and it was said that external mic pluged in directly to the osmo handel is not working ;( It was tested with iOS (iPhone 7) but I guess it will not work with android neither. I believe it is only firmware issue so... DJI can you fix this?
2017-6-9
Use props
fans83f80a1e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

Visterio Posted at 2017-6-9 11:50
I saw some ultimate review on YT and it was said that external mic pluged in directly to the osmo handel is not working ;( It was tested with iOS (iPhone 7) but I guess it will not work with android neither. I believe it is only firmware issue so... DJI can you fix this?

Well, I'm not so sure I'd describe it as "needing to be fixed."  I think I'd describe it as "adding functionality," which, I believe, would require pretty extensive changes.  Specifically, right now, the recording software (GO, Filmic Pro, etc.) all assume the audio is coming directly from the phone.  So, not only would the Zenmuse 1 firmware have to enable the mic input on the handle, the Bluetooth link to the phone will also need to be modified to carry the audio signal.  Finally, the recording software (GO, Filmic Pro, etc.) wouldl have to be modified to receive the audio via the Bluetooth feed from the handle.  I imagine all this is doable, but not necessarily easy.

However, since the audio recording on the phones isn't all that good, I think adding this functionality might be worth it to DJI to invest the necessary resources to make it happen.
2017-6-13
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I hope they will have a upgrade soon. It is the same with Osmo Pro. From day 1, there is loss frame issue when video is spanned across to different files. It has been 2 years now, still no update and the same issue still exits. For all DJI products, you really have to research well for what it does and doesn't before purchase.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules