Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Odd issue, stops recording at file change
983 9 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

So I'm flying like normal and recording in 4K.  At about 9 minutes or so, the Mavic stops recording by itself and the red record button on the screen turns white.

I've seen this issue twice now within the last 2 weeks. What I've noticed is that around the 9 minute mark, the file the Mavic is recording to reaches the 4GB threshold and it creates another file to keep recording. Both times I've had this issue, it happened at that same timeframe.

I'm on the latest firmware.   This happened once with the newest version of DJI GO 4 and once with the previous version.

Anyone had a similar issue?  Any idea what's going wrong?

2017-6-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Captain
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

Did you use your Mavic to format the sd card or a computer?
2017-6-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Captain
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I ask because FAT32 has a file size limit of 4Gb
2017-6-1
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
United States

The Mavic formatted it back when I first got it.  I'm 80 flights in and this only happened on 2 flights.  Wondering if anyone has had the same issue.
2017-6-1
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I had a similar issue on my other drone - video would stop recording on it's own. Turned out to be a failing SD card. Replaced it and it works fine.
2017-6-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Did it only stop recording, or by did your gimbal do a little "dance" (pointing the camera at odd angles) and eventually seem to reset itself? If the latter then what you're experiencing is a known problem.
2017-6-1
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
United States

It only stopped recording... I was able to start recording again soon after.  I've had that known problem too with the gimbal reset but only once with the previous firmware version.
2017-6-1
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-1 11:46
Did it only stop recording, or by did your gimbal do a little "dance" (pointing the camera at odd angles) and eventually seem to reset itself? If the latter then what you're experiencing is a known problem.

I just got the dance issue yesterday, curious what is it. or can i get a link to a forum post because it scared the hell out of me when it happened *imagines cleveland's scene when we falls out of house in bathtube*
2017-6-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-4 14:36
I just got the dance issue yesterday, curious what is it. or can i get a link to a forum post because it scared the hell out of me when it happened *imagines cleveland's scene when we falls out of house in bathtube*

Here are some examples that I believe may be the same problem you described. The first one is the very earliest incident I remember hearing about, so it's been happening since at least January:

Scary Mavic Moment 1/3/2017 HELP!
Mavic Pro Problem - Loss of Video and Gimbal Control During Flight
Gimbal Calibrating Mid-Flight Defect/Bug?

2017-6-5
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-5 13:22
Here are some examples that I believe may be the same problem you described. The first one is the very earliest incident I remember hearing about, so it's been happening since at least January:

Scary Mavic Moment 1/3/2017 HELP!

those are the exact issue i had, haven't had it since though.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules