Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro - Camera Sensor Error - Hardware Malfunction
6392 10 2017-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Melbert
New
India

I've been using DJI PHANTOM 4 PRO  for commercial uses for the last 5 months. When i'm flying my drone suddenly the live video streaming stopped and it said that 'NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION'. Then i switched on again i found some waves in the display like the pictures given below, then notification pop up like 'CAMERA SENSOR ERROR' and then 'HARDWARE MALFUNCTION'. When i browsed in the internet i found that whether the RIBBON CABLE or THE TX BOARD should be fixed. Can any one tell me which part should be fixed exactly.  

NOTE - I LIVE IN INDIA AND WE DONT HAVE DJI SERVICE CENTER HERE. SO DONT TELL ME TO SEND IT TO THE SERVICE CENTER.

THANKS
201159ahl4zm97h171b0mb.jpg
image.png
IMG_20170602_093657-min__1496378115_110.227.233.64.jpg
2017-6-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It may have nothing to do with the main camera, the message showing in the middle screen shot indicates it is one of the downward facing cameras used for ground sensing. Replacing the ribbon cable or 'tx board' probably will have nothing to do with the problem. I know you said you don't have DJI serivce in India, but I seriously doubt you could fix the problem.
2017-6-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Melbert,

Geebax is giving you good advice.  You can also troubleshoot the problem by disabling the Vision Positioning System (VPS) and see if the problem still interferes with flying.  If the problem is still there after disabling the VPS, you will have to send it in for repairs or get it repaired somehow.  

As a strong suggestion, since you do not have a service center in India, you really need to get a back-up Phantom that you can fly when there are problems you cannot solve right away.  This will keep your business going while the problem is being addressed.  It will cost plenty over the short time but it will save you plenty more over the long time.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-2
Use props
Melbert
New
India

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-1 22:09
It may have nothing to do with the main camera, the message showing in the middle screen shot indicates it is one of the downward facing cameras used for ground sensing. Replacing the ribbon cable or 'tx board' probably will have nothing to do with the problem. I know you said you don't have DJI serivce in India, but I seriously doubt you could fix the problem.

Hey actually the middle screenshot was downloaded from internet. The main problem is the third screenshot. When i turn on the camera, there is a wave in the display then the pop up comes and states that camera sensor error.
2017-6-2
Use props
Melbert
New
India

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-2 01:01
Aloha Melbert,

Geebax is giving you good advice.  You can also troubleshoot the problem by disabling the Vision Positioning System (VPS) and see if the problem still interferes with flying.  If the problem is still there after disabling the VPS, you will have to send it in for repairs or get it repaired somehow.  

Yup i'll do it by disabling the vps and try it out...Yeah that is what i'm thing to buy a back up drone. But this time not phantom but planning to buy a mavic for the back up drone.
2017-6-2
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Melbert Posted at 2017-6-2 08:10
Yup i'll do it by disabling the vps and try it out...Yeah that is what i'm thing to buy a back up drone. But this time not phantom but planning to buy a mavic for the back up drone.

Aloha Melbert,

That will work!  Nice to have a real different second unit to explore different capabilities.  Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify where you purchased the aircraft? Did you notice this happening after a firmware update or a hard landing?
2017-6-2
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

This is exactly what I have NOW, have no Signal at all, wavy lines then the signal would drop out, now no Signal at all, VERY strange, and I do not want to send to DJI to wait 30 days, as that is what I've been told... otherwise I've been quoted €800 for a new camera unit! :/
2017-7-29
Use props
Little flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1565719 ft
Nepal

i had exactly same problem and we dont have dji service center here in nepal. The best thing to do is go to your supplier and change the ribbon first if that didnt help only then change the sensor. DJI has one of my other drone p4p pro and it has been month yet it hasnt returned. So its best if you could order parts and ask your local supplier ti replace it. mine was fixed that way.
2017-10-15
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

I have the exact same problem and this is a phantom 4 pro that has never crashed in all the 1 year and 10 months that I've been operating it, and it suddenly pulls this crap on me... I can see these slightly circular lines, just like in the third picture of the OP... and then I get "Camera Sensor Error" and the visual feed becomes intermittent... I move the camera up and down, but the feed stays the same... then suddenly it's back again... When this happens, camera settings seem to be reset... and if i'm filming, it stops...

This is the SECOND drone I'm having this issue with, I have a backup standard phantom 4, that has almost the same problem, but you slap the gimbal to the left and the feed comes back up... had sent it to repairs to a shop here that charged me $100 to replace the flex cable (that I could have done myself) ... only to see the exact same problem reappear after 3 months of limited use... (may be flew it at most 10 times)...

Now I'm stuck with 2 Non working drones!!! AND like the OP, there is no Service center in Mauritius... and I'm well beyond any warranty period!!! So what do i do?

Also note that I have not recently updated the drone or the app... the thing has been just like it is for months... ( I always hit Ignore - when it wants me to update )
2019-2-18
Use props
Reuben Pillay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91480450 ft
  • >>>
Mauritius

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 16:32
Could you clarify where you purchased the aircraft? Did you notice this happening after a firmware update or a hard landing?

Hello,

See my comment just above ↑ ... Any chance this problem has been documented by now, I mean after almost two years... Is there a fix?

I'm an engineer, so if there's any part I could order myself to fix it (I don't think it's the flex) and I also found this: https://phantompilots.com/thread ... error-fixed.131098/

Can you confirm that it's this part that causes all this? And if yes, where can I order it? I'm in Mauritius?

Also, I'm out of warranty, but this drone NEVER crashed, and neither did my P4, I don't find it acceptable that I have to spend money on this now... this is something DJI should be able to fix for free, since it's a malfunction of some sort and not operator error... even after the warranty period. Now I'm stuck with two very expensive drones that I can't use and that's very troublesome...

Very grateful if you can help! I have some jobs coming up next week and I don't know what to do... not sure the clients are going to be very happy if I show up with only my Mavic Air.
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules