Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mblumster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61900 ft
United States

SteWong Posted at 2017-7-25 08:55
I think Vietnam too?

Not allowed to bring one into the country, and have to get permission for every flight.

I was in Nha Trang earlier this year and I spotted several during my 6 week stay.  Yes, I am sure you cannot fly them near military bases or airports, but other areas drones were seen. See the thread listed for Cambodia/Vietnam drone permit.       http://forum.dji.com/thread-77045-1-1.html
2017-7-26
Use props
Bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

PHL Posted at 2017-6-2 14:55
Dubai doesn't allow drones, so if in transit, you have the check it in.

1. Dubai is not a country.
2. Flying in UAE without prior approval is now illegal; used to be less restrictive before, where you could simply ask verbal permission from the administration of a public park before flying within its  boundaries. Since there were idiots flying near or even within airport territory causing flight delays and operational mess in one of the biggest hubs in the world, it was obvious that rules had to change since day and night airplanes are flying above most regions of the country, not to mention helicopters or skydiver areas. For a hobbyist might be difficult and expensive to obtain flight approval, but for a business I guess it would be a normal process as anywhere else.
3. In UAE, there're quads for sale everywhere and when travelling (in/out of the country) there's no restriction in carrying them, except for the Lithium batteries which most probably will get confiscated due to safety reasons during flight. So, check with your airline how to safely carry your quad's batteries and, if required, have them shipped separately. Higher capacity batteries should definitely be a concern.
Hope this helps!
2017-7-26
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Bornish Posted at 2017-7-26 21:22
2. Flying in UAE without prior approval is now illegal; used to be less restrictive before, where you could simply ask verbal permission from the administration of a public park before flying within its  boundaries. Since there were idiots flying near or even within airport territory causing flight delays and operational mess in one of the biggest hubs in the world, it was obvious that rules had to change since day and night airplanes are flying above most regions of the country, not to mention helicopters or skydiver areas. For a hobbyist might be difficult and expensive to obtain flight approval, but for a business I guess it would be a normal process as anywhere else.
3. In UAE, there're quads for sale everywhere and when travelling (in/out of the country) there's no restriction in carrying them, except for the Lithium batteries which most probably will get confiscated due to safety reasons during flight. So, check with your airline how to safely carry your quad's batteries and, if required, have them shipped separately. Higher capacity batteries should definitely be a concern.

Thanks; good to know as I would transit through UAE quite a bit. Do you know if there are any general guideline from the major airlines for travelling with LiPo?
2017-7-27
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

b0n3 Posted at 2017-6-6 00:59
Yes, I saw it.
But as you can see, they registered mavic without any problems.

Hehe, registering maybe.  Getting caught with the video/photo???  

*No video or image capturing devices shall be used when flying the UAS/drone;
*No user shall fly the UAS/drones near public and/or private property;

And if you violate?  The penalty:

*A term of imprisonment not exceeding one year and a fine not exceeding fifty thousand Dirhams

According to their rules, you can't fly on public property OR private property!  So that leaves the ocean?!?

I lived a number of years in Dubai and they're usually pretty cool about stuff as long as it doesn't become a public spectacle.  If your video of crazy flying around the Burj Khalifa goes viral on YouTube, you may see the inside of an Emirate prison.  
2017-7-27
Use props
Bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

PHL Posted at 2017-7-27 14:23
Thanks; good to know as I would transit through UAE quite a bit. Do you know if there are any general guideline from the major airlines for travelling with LiPo?

In theory the rules applied are the well known international ones, meaning it will depend on the Wh of the battery and safely carried. I do recommend getting in touch with the airline you're travelling with and ask specifically both their rules and authorities ones for all your transit points. For example, check the following link:
http://www.flydubai.com/en/media ... FAW3_tcm8-18807.pdf
Note that this guidelines have been updated in the last 2 years! It used to be 4 spares under 100Wh or 2 spares under 160Wh. Also note that based on airline rules, carrying spares must be in your handheld luggage, but airport security may, at their discretion, stop you from carrying any batteries in your handheld luggage. Even vaporizers (electronic cigarettes) may be confiscated at screening gates. Probably the safest option would be to not bring spare batteries and have only one battery in the equipment itself, packed in your checked in luggage. Unfortunately, travelling by air is becoming more and more stressful process every year. Hope this was helpful and wish you safe travels.
2017-7-29
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks for the information; yes, it is getting more difficult as there are no standard rules, either with airlines, or countries you go into.
2017-7-31
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

thanks for sharing
2017-7-31
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PHL Posted at 2017-6-2 14:55
Dubai doesn't allow drones, so if in transit, you have the check it in.

Incorrect. I transitted through Dubai and had my Phantom as carry-on. No issues.
2017-7-31
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DownUnderDrones Posted at 2017-7-31 18:46
Incorrect. I transitted through Dubai and had my Phantom as carry-on. No issues.

Emirates policy is to check your drone. Not sure if it is strictly enforced though.
2017-8-1
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Bornish Posted at 2017-7-26 21:22

Like this one:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-105643-1-1.html
2017-8-1
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ilja8 Posted at 2017-6-2 22:09
I believe DJI should has information about restrictions and flight rules in all countries. Or at least it is much easier for them to collect such information, so why wouldn't they add a "knowledge base" in DJI GO app?

This is a great idea, i hope DJI Thor or DJI Susan take you on the idea and take it back to DJI and implement this! this would be such a great tool aside from the NFZ map they continue improving!
2017-8-1
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

FRANCE
Flying in city is forbiden (forgot to flying aroud Effeil Tower and Paris...)
Forbiden also the NFZ near airport, military area and nuclear power plant by example
also forbidden in national park.

In the other area, you must keep your drone visible and flying maximum hight is 150 meters
2017-8-1
Use props
Peter P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2461 ft
Czechia

Czech republic (Prague) rules:
- no-fly zones 5km around airports, Prague castle, some bigger towers
- you should never fly above 300m
- you should not fly above people without their permission, with bigger drones above 0.91 kg you should take off 50 meters from people and 150m from buildings
- for commercial use you need special licence from air department & insurance & notifying them about your flight in advance (too many papers)- seen police giving 30 EUR penalty around Prague castle but rules are still bit fresh & shaky

Anybody filmed in Alps (Austria) or in Slovenia?

Thanks!

2017-8-1
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Australia

DownUnderDrones Posted at 2017-7-31 18:46

Which airline was this? When I inquired about it from Emirates, they were pretty strict on having it checked in, but could not have batteries on checked baggage.
As it turned out, the destination countries had even tougher drone laws, so have dropped the idea.
2017-8-1
Use props
Masto
New
Flight distance : 53465 ft
Mexico

Hi all,
Planning a trip to the following destinations, any updates/news?

• Rome, Italy
  • Cairo, Egipt
  • Jordania
  • Cape Town
  • Johannesburg
  • Mauritius
  • Abu Dabi
  • Dubai

Want to take some good pics but don't want to regret taking the Mavic with me.

Thanks for your comments

Regards
2017-8-15
Use props
genna.print
New

United Kingdom

Kenya too! I was lucky they didn't take it away from me at the airport as it is illegal there.
2017-8-16
Use props
Vivek
lvl.2
India

Also, INDIA flying a drone here is illegal.
2017-8-16
Use props
Neil Jack
lvl.1

India

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-6-2 10:27
Cuba - if you try to bring it in the country they will detain you.

Do Not bring your Drone in Cuba.
2017-8-16
Use props
DS-Mavic
lvl.1

Belgium

Belgium is a problem.
You need to have a Belgium drone license what will coast around +/-2500€ is you succeed in your 1ste try.
Then I hear when you want to fly you need to ask 7 days before you fly permission to fly in that zone, what also cost +/- 200€
(this is when you want to follow the rules)
2017-8-16
Use props
DS-Mavic
lvl.1

Belgium

Spain is ok when you are a pilot, if not, you need to have a Spanish drone license.
2017-8-16
Use props
vvinogradofff
New
Flight distance : 217454 ft
Russia

Peter P Posted at 2017-8-1 13:57
Anybody filmed in Alps (Austria) or in Slovenia?

I was flying in Austian alps without a single word from anyone.  It's somewhat difficult to obtain an official permission from Austro Control, however it seems ok to fly in mountains without one. I was doing my footage over skiing tracks, villages I was staying in and when I was using the drone to seek my lost buddy I was taking off right in front of the cablecar operator cabin.
2017-8-16
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

honestly, a lot of countries will be seeing either a major decrease in tourism from lack of acceptance of drones, or they will see many people breaking laws in future and forced with hands behind their back to accept it because nothing to can reasonably do.. i seriously mean this..  i have no desire to go to any nation with overly strict laws basically make you have to jump through hoops to fly or makes you give up your rights to fly.   but i have a feeling firestorm coming, and soon drones will either be very affordable for wifi based selfie drones like spark type deals..and people will just have them as an iPhone accessory or someone is going to take the sector over, like cellular providers and offer some form of payment plans and reduced cost + coverage and easy access with a binding contract to pay work with Dji and other companies so if you fail to pay your drone deactivates, forcing the binding like a cellphone.. again will make owning one as easy and as common and owning an iPhone...

but i wont visit a nation that makes drones the enemy in laws..  canada has terrible enough laws, even with latest new rules, its too strict..it maybe ok for a spark, but for mavic pro or any other modern DJi drone its impossibly tight limits that takes the joy and wonder out of flying, at least i think.    and canada's laws are super relaxed vs most strict nations and regions..
2017-8-16
Use props
djiuser_CU0reKY
New

United States

Add Iran now to the list of Ban countries, recently return from there Aug 20, 2017 with my mavic pro, I didnt know it was ban.flew there and went through a big mess trying to explain that I wasn't a spy. So do not take any drone or flying devices there unless you get a permit before entering the country for it, even locals are ban from having it.

2017-8-30
Use props
Diiir
lvl.3
Russia

In Russia, you must agree flight plan with the air regulatory service in a few days, in some cases you must warn the municipal authorities and the federal security service. The penalty is 2000-5000 rubles (30-70 euros), but they can't confiscate your craft. Therefore, almost everyone simply ignores these rules.

Also, the registration law has been adopted, but there is no registration mechanism yet.
2017-8-31
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-8-31 02:42
May be a useful link: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/2016/06/14/heliguys-guide-to-global-drone-regulations/

And this one: https://www.droneregulations.info/index.html
2017-8-31
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

May be a useful link: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... -drone-regulations/
2017-8-31
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

what about Germany? ... i need to travel there
2017-10-20
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

What if we make the DRONE BAN MAP ?  With colors indicating (red for complete ban, yellow for strict rules and green for welcome) ???
2017-10-20
Use props
Incentio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85607 ft
Belgium

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-25 00:28
Thank you for your encouragement.
Yes, I also hope that these drone flying restrictions change soon in my country.
I believe laws should be adapted to reflect the reality and not how politicians see our world.

The problem is civilian airline authorities are closely monitoring the drone evolution and rather see it banned for safety reasons (i don't agree with everything either)... therefore Belgium has implemented very strict rules to comply to the wishes of those authorities. But also keeping an opening for hobbyists to continue there hobby.

You need a proper training and a licence to prove you can master your drone(see driver licences for cars). If you have the licence you can fly up to 45 m in a non restricted airspace or 90 m on officials rc fields. You also need to register your drone with the authorities. After you done that for commercial use you can request a permission for fly over any area you want (even airports) but you need to hand in a flightplan and a request like other airplanes so they can clear the airspace for you. (you can also go above 90 meters then)

For recreational use you need to be on private property and under 10M. You don't need a licence or a registration.

As soon as the civilian airline authorities see that everything about drones is regulated and controlled, laws can be made less strict...

(on  a different note: i witnessed a robinson helicopter flying lower than the minimum hight while flying my drone under 10m on private propperty... if by small chance and coincidence i was flying alot higher and were to collide with it , and by small chance the thing would go down... who do you think they will point fingers to ... the hobbyist standing in a garden flying his drone .. or the trained professional helicopter pilot flying a family sightseeing ((although he was flying lower than allowed))...

You are sharing airspace with alot of other aircrafts and those are regulated very strictly so drones need to be regulated too before it becomes a problem.

I don't always agree with every rule but i understand why they are there.

2017-10-21
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Got arrested briefly by lebanese army today ☹️
2017-10-21
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2017-10-21 09:48
Got arrested briefly by lebanese army today ☹️

That's too bad. you sure you don't want to share any other details?
2017-10-21
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Apparently the Lebanese army is concerned that terrorist could use drones. They asked to see all picture / delete all pictures / take personal information. They reached quickly after landing of the drone despite the fact that it was a very short fligh at 85m altitude..
2017-10-22
Use props
Murtha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 368507 ft
France

Mountaindrone Posted at 2017-8-1 06:57
FRANCE
Flying in city is forbiden (forgot to flying aroud Effeil Tower and Paris...)
Forbiden also the NFZ near airport, military area and nuclear power plant by example

For France here is an official map of where you are allow to fly :

Drone Map France

Dark Red: Forbidden
Pale Red: Max. 30m
Orange: Max. 50m
Yellow: Max. 100m
Anywhere else: Max. 150m

You can search by adresses / locations ...
2017-10-31
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Obviously in the UK you'll need a license if flying commercially (https://www.heliguy.com/drone-license-guide-i68) - but they're certainly not banned either!

Pretty open over here!
2017-10-31
Use props
djiuser_nu41IOc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79570 ft
Nicaragua

Belize is on that list now
2017-11-7
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Reading this thread is enough to make a person think 'what's the point' The more draconian regulations get people will either break them, or the industry will cease to exist. IMO the world could do with more freedoms, not less.
2017-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, the UK CAA have a fair drone code at present but following recent incidents of a drone being flown over Gatwick airport new legislation has been signed off by the UK government and it will be mandatory to pass a test in order to obtain registration of the drone from next year though the date is TBC. That’s for recreational use of course. For commercial flights you’ll need to pass the PfCO qualification and have public liability insurance for commercial use of British airspace. Using a UAV to place manned aircraft at risk carries a potential custodial sentence of up to 5 years behind bars in the UK. Nobody, as yet, has ever been sent down for flying a drone illegally in the UK but a few have been fined thousands and banned from flying anything!
2017-11-7
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2017-11-7 10:16
Reading this thread is enough to make a person think 'what's the point' The more draconian regulations get people will either break them, or the industry will cease to exist. IMO the world could do with more freedoms, not less.

the very sad true is that regulations will not avoid issues.  attackers will always find the way to hurt no matter there is punishment or not.

Regulations are necessary, restrictions not much
2017-11-7
Use props
RenaudFR
lvl.1
Poland

I'm reading this thread and I just want to sell my Mavic now. And I think it's what I will do.

Every countries is making new laws and it seems that it will be soon prohibited everywhere if we do not have a license for it which will cost more than a drone itself.

You can always take the risk to be discret and fly everywhere but I would't like to get a fine that I will have to pay all my life or even go to jail.  
2017-11-22
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

RenaudFR Posted at 2017-11-22 03:08
I'm reading this thread and I just want to sell my Mavic now. And I think it's what I will do.

Every countries is making new laws and it seems that it will be soon prohibited everywhere if we do not have a license for it which will cost more than a drone itself.

Sadly is discouraging for hobbyst that love to capture images and videos in a whole new way.  But it will also change as soon as the industry grow and regulators understand the scope of most of us using the toys.
at the end if someone wants to do damage or bad it will always find a way to do it.
2017-11-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules