Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

DS-Mavic Posted at 2017-8-16 05:44
Belgium is a problem.
You need to have a Belgium drone license what will coast around +/-2500€ is you succeed in your 1ste try.
Then I hear when you want to fly you need to ask 7 days before you fly permission to fly in that zone, what also cost +/- 200€

Does anyone in Belgium take any notice; there are lots of Belgium drone films on the internet? In a country of three official national languages, where some people have a driving license without ever having driven a car, where streets often have more than one name, or even two. When the roads are full of people driving the wrong way or in reverse having missed a turnoff, or where there are 10 road intersections without traffic lights, roundabouts or rights of way. Drone flying can surely only be a minor irritation.
2017-11-29
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PHL Posted at 2017-6-2 14:55
Dubai doesn't allow drones, so if in transit, you have the check it in.

Is this still the case for Dubai ? I will transit there when I travel from UK to Malaysia.  My Spark or Mavic will get crushed if I check it in.  
2017-12-1
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chub1962 Posted at 2017-7-16 05:44
I just flew from Australia to Europe and back via Dubai carrying my MavicPro with no issue.  Emirates airlines want you to check it in according to a part of their website, but I ignored that with no issues.

I will transit in Dubai when I travel from UK to Malaysia.  Did you have any problems when they scanned it through security?  I thought batteries aren't allowed to be checked in.
2017-12-1
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

You hand carry the battery and check the drone in. You can be lucky and have no problems in hand luggage, but if someone decides to confriscate your drone, or worse, put you in jail, then you are SOL. The UAE laws are different: don’t forget the Chap that was thrown in jail for “inappropriate contact” when he put his hand on another man’s shoulder whilst drunk.
2017-12-1
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Snipes_Blaster Posted at 2017-12-1 09:39
I will transit in Dubai when I travel from UK to Malaysia.  Did you have any problems when they scanned it through security?  I thought batteries aren't allowed to be checked in.

Emirates apparently does not allow drone in carry on. I guess batteries have to go in carry on though(?).
2017-12-4
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Ethiopia does not allow drones without a 'police permit', which is apparently impossible to get. I had no issues on arrival (I skipped the bag x-ray), but when I took a domestic flight from a smaller airport I had it confiscated. Managed to get it back when I flew out of the country at Addis Ababa at the end of the trip after a bit of paperwork though.
2017-12-4
Use props
Ahmed Siddiqui
New

United Arab Emirates

Guys, Dubai is not a country, UAE is ;-)

So for UAE, if you are just transferring, keep it in the check-in baggage and you are fine.

if you are entering the country, then I think you can't bring it in as you must have to register it first, but for registration you must have a UAE ID and phone number to get the mobile OTP.

You can simply apply online to register your drone, it's simple form and within seconds of submission you will get your certificate. Google "Application for Unmanned Aircraft Registration" as I cannot enter the URL here.

Email for inquiries: drones@gcaa.gov.ae

Please note that a large area is no fly zone specially near the airpor and mostly the cities, you can download the app.

Secondly, drone with CAMERA is Not Allowed unless you take special permission.

For complete details, Google "GCAA Drone" and follow the link
2017-12-7
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PHL Posted at 2017-12-1 15:03
You hand carry the battery and check the drone in. You can be lucky and have no problems in hand luggage, but if someone decides to confriscate your drone, or worse, put you in jail, then you are SOL. The UAE laws are different: don’t forget the Chap that was thrown in jail for “inappropriate contact” when he put his hand on another man’s shoulder whilst drunk.

Thanks I will certainly put it in the checked In luggage.  What hardcases do you guys recommend?  I cant seem to find a decent Hard case for the Drone only,  RC i still can carry that with me on the flight right ?
2017-12-8
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Snipes_Blaster Posted at 2017-12-8 08:28
Thanks I will certainly put it in the checked In luggage.  What hardcases do you guys recommend?  I cant seem to find a decent Hard case for the Drone only,  RC i still can carry that with me on the flight right ?

I’m using one of those semi-hard case with the foam cutout for the drone and bits,  it not an actual polycarbonate enclose, mainly due to weight. So far so good. I just take the batteries out; not sure by the RC battery may be small enough to get through most airlines’ restrictions.
2017-12-8
Use props
fanseb83622d
lvl.2

Panama

Hi guys, i am going to Nepal with Mavic through the Dubai. Will be there problem at airport as i go just to transit zone with Mavic in habd luggage? In Nepal i read i need some permisions so i am gonna read more about that where to issue them, but if somebody travelled there with a drone i apprecaite any advice.
2017-12-13
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanseb83622d Posted at 2017-12-13 11:51
Hi guys, i am going to Nepal with Mavic through the Dubai. Will be there problem at airport as i go just to transit zone with Mavic in habd luggage? In Nepal i read i need some permisions so i am gonna read more about that where to issue them, but if somebody travelled there with a drone i apprecaite any advice.

Yes, you are in same situation like me, transit via Dubai airport.  You cannot hand carry your drone, it must be checked in.
2017-12-15
Use props
fansceba7eb4
lvl.1
Turkey

djiuser_CU0reKY Posted at 2017-8-30 21:46
Add Iran now to the list of Ban countries, recently return from there Aug 20, 2017 with my mavic pro, I didnt know it was ban.flew there and went through a big mess trying to explain that I wasn't a spy. So do not take any drone or flying devices there unless you get a permit before entering the country for it, even locals are ban from having it.

I see the flying in Tehran ban-- but don't see any info that says flying elsewhere or possessing drone is banned.  Where do you see that "even locals are ban from having it"?  
2017-12-22
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

Erick705 Posted at 2017-7-16 06:56
What you stated about Canada is inaccurate.

do you live there or have details of Canada?  if that is the case please help us with the accurate information
2017-12-28
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Philippines reversed their drone registration requirements, unless you're flying for commercial purposes.  Now you can bring your drone in without registration.  Just have to abide by guidelines similar to as in the US, e.g., no flying over crowds, not around airports, altitude limits, etc.
2018-1-6
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606608 ft
Thailand

In Thailand, You can bring your drone but you can't fly it without license. They sell drones nationwide and you can register it in just few minutes but the registration officer will tell you to get license to fly from CAAT which will require you to get a drone insurance and waiting period of 2-3 months. Hobby or commercial use, you will need this license from caat. I've seen some brave drone pilot  still flying their drones. If caught, you'll be facing 100,000 + 40,000 penalty.
2018-1-9
Use props
fans202a8f21
New

Australia

Hey guys,
I am flying to India in the end of March 2018!
Is it possible to take the Mavic Pro into the country! Or in case leave it on the airport? Does anyone know something? Thanks!
2018-1-9
Use props
Muhammad Zee
New
Flight distance : 1332 ft
Bahrain

Hi i am interested to buy DJI MAVIC PRO ONLINE my location is Karachi Pakistan can i get it easily or will it get stuck in customs?
2018-1-14
Use props
Muhammad Zee
New
Bahrain

b0n3 Posted at 2017-6-5 03:23
In Dubai you can fly with you drone easely.
First of all before your trip you have to register your drone and issue a special license here:
Email: drones@gcaa.gov.ae Web: http://www.gcaa.gov.aeThen in 14 days you have to grab it persanally in the office.

you just posted someones private information there.
2018-1-14
Use props
Muhammad Zee
New
Bahrain

Bond006 Posted at 2017-6-2 23:13
Saudia Arabia.  My co worker went there for the first time several months ago, Customs took it at the airport, told him he could retrieve it when he leaves the country, however, when he went to retrieve it,  the customs department would not give it to him.  The Kingdom says Remote Aircrafts are not permitted in Saudi Arabia.

But they are giving Nationalities to Robots....... Thats Strange....
2018-1-14
Use props
psycho skipper
New

Canada

I think you are incorrect on Ethiopia
2018-1-29
Use props
J8ny
New

Australia

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-11-26 21:02
Sadly is discouraging for hobbyst that love to capture images and videos in a whole new way.  But it will also change as soon as the industry grow and regulators understand the scope of most of us using the toys.
at the end if someone wants to do damage or bad it will always find a way to do it.

I was super excited about the new Mavic Air... and so close to purchasing one. Unfortunately though, after reading many forums on no-fly zones, and restricted/illegal use of drones in the different countries, and risking having drones confiscated at airports is making me think twice! What a shame!
2018-2-3
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
Morocco

Hi, Marocco has a ban on drones and it is illegal to enter the country with one. They confiscated mine on 2 days ago arrival and gave it back to me today as I am leaving they will store it for up to 45 days. So if it happens that you bring one just declare it and and you should get it back when you leave.

Jivan
2018-2-21
Use props
avchan74
New

I am currently traveling around parts of the world for a year, I currently brought my Mavic Pro along. Maybe I can edit my post as I visit different countries.

UAE - Dubai : Was able to pass through customs with the drone, stayed in Dubai for 2 nights

Uganda - Entebbe : Drone was taken away at customs check at Entebbe Airport, customs will give you back the drone when you leave through the same airport. We are traveling through 5 African countries by bus or train, so we are shipping the drone to a friend in South Africa. Going through this process is very hard, and customs change their mind about the process many times. It took a total of 2 days and going back to the airport customs many times in order to make it happen.
2018-3-6
Use props
Meer Behroz
New

Pakistan

I broke my drone and have to repair it from dubai even i bought it from there pleass give me some information regarding this as i heard they dont let it enter dubai from airport
2018-4-8
Use props
Lucian_rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2858497 ft
  • >>>
Saint Lucia

Barbados has a ban on drones, they were supposed to review the law on March 31st but I have not found any information to say that things have changed.
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-illegal-to-fly-a-drone-in-Barbados
https://forum.dji.com/thread-95721-1-1.html
2018-5-1
Use props
mblitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2971512 ft
United States

Fiji permit is not in the least "impossible".
2018-5-10
Use props
mblitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2971512 ft
United States

Fiji permit is not in the least "impossible". Download the OP137 form here [http://www.caaf.org.fj/index.php ... egory&catid=220] and fill it out, get it witnessed and email it to info@caaf.org.fj  I got a reply the same day with acknowledgement. Pint the form and carry it with you when operating in country. Altitude limit is 200' AGL with standard distances from airports.
2018-5-10
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft

mblitch Posted at 2018-5-10 19:46
Fiji permit is not in the least "impossible". Download the OP137 form here [http://www.caaf.org.fj/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=61&task=viewcategory&catid=220] and fill it out, get it witnessed and email it to   I got a reply the same day with acknowledgement. Pint the form and carry it with you when operating in country. Altitude limit is 200' AGL with standard distances from airports.

Great advice thank you!
2018-5-11
Use props
cbthomas2006
New
United Kingdom

Drones aren't banned in Morocco, but you must apply in advance for approval to bring it into the country. If you don't have a permit, reportedly you can declare it at the airport and they will hold it until you depart the country. If you fail to declare it, it will be confiscated with no possibility of getting it back
2018-5-17
Use props
bexwell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394646 ft
United Kingdom

Lhonskie Aerial Posted at 2018-1-9 13:07
In Thailand, You can bring your drone but you can't fly it without license. They sell drones nationwide and you can register it in just few minutes but the registration officer will tell you to get license to fly from CAAT which will require you to get a drone insurance and waiting period of 2-3 months. Hobby or commercial use, you will need this license from caat. I've seen some brave drone pilot  still flying their drones. If caught, you'll be facing 100,000 + 40,000 penalty.

These will help you with the permits and other paperwork, insurance etchttps://www.facebook.com/everyonecanfly/
2018-7-16
Use props
SPARKOLITO
lvl.2
United States

For Canada, it's pretty alright.
Major issues is around airports which is pretty fair.
Except from that, they want you to be around 30m of anything in movement (car, boats etc.)
IMO it's more for strangers or something like this. If you want to film yourself or friends, do it as you want.
Transport Canada is also saying to avoid going more than 500m (which is kinda fair also).
2018-7-16
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606608 ft
Thailand

bexwell Posted at 2018-7-16 02:08
These will help you with the permits and other paperwork, insurance etchttps://www.facebook.com/everyonecanfly/

I got my license already. Thanks.
2018-7-16
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

thank you all for the kind sharing; very helpful
2018-7-17
Use props
azswift
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

Fantastic resource!  Thank you.
2018-7-31
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Portugal and Spain

If you are inside a coloured area, you are doing it wrong !
https://www.icarusrpa.info/mapa.php?opt=all

Also, don't fly over urban areas which includes cities of any size, detached urban developments and small villages, keep at least 100 meters to any of them. Don't fly over prisons and crowds of people. Keep always VLOS, 500 m. radius and 120 m. height. AESA is also checking material posted on the Internet to get people fined.

Police is now trained on these matters as well, so if you don't follow the rules be prepared to answer a lot of questions and to get heftily fined ( 600 euros).

To sum it all, don't do it like this idiot, he got fined for operating just against every rule posted above:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD7-sU6X6iO0VcqsMQovGxw

2018-8-29
Use props
fansc2380d88
New

United States

when you say banned, does that mean we cant bring the drone into the country and we will be stopped by security at the airport, or do you mean that you cant fly?  I am going to be going on a long trip to several countries and im fine not flying in some, but dont want to pay fines or get my drone taken away just for bringing it with me.  TIA
2018-10-17
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

yfcw0801 Posted at 2017-6-4 04:50
Don't forget Sweden which is a well known drone prohibited country..

It has been reverted since then, now it is allowed to fly with certain restrictions.
2018-11-12
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have flown Drones in Iraq and Syria..... :-)

Seriously: Due to the capability of "toy" drones  now matching the capability of commercial UAV's rom 10 years ago  a lot of people are buying them and doing stupid things with them.  Therefore the authorities in many (most) countries are starting to construct legislation for these small aircraft.   These Drone aircraft will have to become part of the civll aviation airspace and their pilots licensed.

The UK is going to register all drones and operators because if the drone causes a problem  it does not matter if the operator is  professional/commercial or hobby other than the professional/commercial operator will have insurance and usually some training. Anyone coming from an aviation background won't be surprised at most of the rules, just that they took so long to come in.  

The reason for the clamp down was in our own hands. It is the idiots doing, and continuing to do,  stupid things who have caused the legislation.   There was some one who posted some aerial footage of the fires in California  and a fire fighter came on to point out that the fire fighting aircraft were operating well below the 500 foot ceiling and he was endangering the aircraft.  this highlights that Drones are aircraft and have to operate with other aircraft.

Also some of the countries mentioned above have only recently been at war, either conventional or insurgency and some have bene on the receiving end of drones with hard points.   
2018-11-28
Use props
Engr. Ramzi
lvl.1

Germany

In Saudi Arabia not any more banned, you have to register in the following link and choose the duration of the certificate 1, 2 or 3 years and pay the fees. And don't forget to choose (needs a custom declaration):
https://eaviation.gaca.gov.sa/uas/login.xvw
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_EzOse1lyss0Y
New

Italy

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-6-2 10:27
Cuba - if you try to bring it in the country they will detain you.

Does this also apply to the Dominicanian Republic?
2019-1-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules