Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
List of countries where drones are banned or restricted
1234Next >
94127 122 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronaldo
First Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

Updated as of Dec 2017  thanks to all Hobbyst with your feedback specially local pilots who can confirm the table.   This list will change for sure,  hopefully for the good as the case of Sweden that it was restricted but is not the case any more.   

Please feel free to post your feedback with new updates

I just find out that Nicaragua does not allow to get into the country with a Drone at all so for sure I will not bring my drone if I have to go there.

Does anyone now a website or have a list of those countries?  

otherwise I will appreciate you commenting with the ones you know.

Country
Status
Comments
Belgium
Restricted
10 mts flying allowed in private   property. 90 mts with license
Nicaragua
Banned
Morocco
Banned
Fiji
Banned
Has an almost   impossible registration process to be able to fly your drone
Zambia
Banned
Same as Fiji
North Korea
Banned
Of course
Cuba
Banned
UAE
Restricted
In transit must be   checked in, license required
Saudi Arabia
Banned
They could take your   drone at customs and may not return it to you
Canada
Restricted
Insane restrictions   to fly only 90 mts high and away 70 meters of everything
Sweden
Reversed
Egypt
Banned
Croatia
Restricted
Permission required
Slovakia
Restricted
Permission required
Spain
Restricted
Common sense flying
Denmark
Restricted
Permission required
Kenya
Banned
India
Banned
Iran
Banned
Russia
Restricted
Heavy permission required
Belize
Restricted
Permission required
Ethiopia
Banned

2017-6-2
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Zambia is the same as Fiji, even living here I'm struggling to get a license and now my RPAS's are gathering dust......hopefully soon!
2017-6-2
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

I think we should make a sticky thread
2017-6-2
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

Cuba - if you try to bring it in the country they will detain you.
2017-6-2
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Somehow i almost know for sure we can also add North Korea
2017-6-2
Use props
PHL
Captain
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Dubai doesn't allow drones, so if in transit, you have the check it in.
2017-6-2
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

i think you need edit your first pot every time when someone add a country and put all countrys there to see everything in first post ... it`s better than scrol and search on pages
2017-6-2
Use props
Ilja8
First Officer
Flight distance : 139085 ft
Latvia

I believe DJI should has information about restrictions and flight rules in all countries. Or at least it is much easier for them to collect such information, so why wouldn't they add a "knowledge base" in DJI GO app?
2017-6-2
Use props
Bond006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

Saudia Arabia.  My co worker went there for the first time several months ago, Customs took it at the airport, told him he could retrieve it when he leaves the country, however, when he went to retrieve it,  the customs department would not give it to him.  The Kingdom says Remote Aircrafts are not permitted in Saudi Arabia.
2017-6-2
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-6-2 21:25
i think you need edit your first pot every time when someone add a country and put all countrys there to see everything in first post ... it`s better than scrol and search on pages

I will thanks!
2017-6-4
Use props
yfcw0801
Flight distance : 412762 ft
Singapore

Don't forget Sweden which is a well known drone prohibited country..
2017-6-4
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

yfcw0801 Posted at 2017-6-4 04:50

as far as regulations, Drones are not prohibited in Sweden  and the ban for cammeras rules will be reversed this summer.   how do you know is prohibited?
2017-6-4
Use props
yfcw0801
Flight distance : 412762 ft
Singapore

true, my misunderstanding. drone with camera is banned ;)
2017-6-4
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

In Dubai you can fly with you drone easely.
First of all before your trip you have to register your drone and issue a special license here:
Email: drones@gcaa.gov.ae Web: http://www.gcaa.gov.aeThen in 14 days you have to grab it persanally in the office.

It looks like this:

post-9500-0-24985900-1490695426.jpg
2017-6-5
Use props
chalde
First Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

PHL Posted at 2017-6-2 14:55
Dubai doesn't allow drones, so if in transit, you have the check it in.

I do not think this is correct. My brother just took my P4 and stopped in Dubai has a layover. He had the P4 with him the whole time, in backpack, catching plane for his final destination, and same on his way back.
Might be restricted to fly there, but carrying it within the airport, there was no extra check.
2017-6-5
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

b0n3 Posted at 2017-6-5 03:23
First of all before your trip you have to register your drone and issue a special license here:
Email: drones@gcaa.gov.ae Web: http://www.gcaa.gov.aeThen in 14 days you have to grab it persanally in the office.

If I read that restriction #6 correctly, the drone is not supposed to have a camera on it.
2017-6-5
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Add Canada...
2017-6-5
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Petroboy Posted at 2017-6-5 07:27
If I read that restriction #6 correctly, the drone is not supposed to have a camera on it.

Yes, I saw it.
But as you can see, they registered mavic without any problems.
2017-6-6
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

yfcw0801 Posted at 2017-6-4 04:50

Until 1st of August majority voted for a lift of the ban in the parliament!
2017-7-7
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

b0n3 Posted at 2017-6-5 03:23

Hi, what did you put in as a mobile number? It only accepts a Dubai number for the OTP
2017-7-7
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Swedrone Posted at 2017-7-7 11:37
Hi, what did you put in as a mobile number? It only accepts a Dubai number for the OTP

Solved the problem!
2017-7-13
Use props
Prokur
New
Flight distance : 1050528 ft
Latvia

I have flown with different drones in various countries, and here is my list
1. In Egypt  even a possession of Drone can lead to a criminal case, so better don't even take it with you.
2.  Norway, Cyprus, Northern Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Italy, San Marino - no problems so far.
2017-7-16
Use props
Digitaldias
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54587 ft
Norway

Prokur Posted at 2017-7-16 00:31
1. In Egypt  even a possession of Drone can lead to a criminal case, so better don't even take it with you.
2.  Norway, Cyprus, Northern Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Italy, San Marino - no problems so far.

Here are the rules for Norway:
http://luftfartstilsynet.no/selv ... PASDrones_in_Norway
Minor thing to note:

The HORIZONTAL distance of 150m only applies to crowds of 100+ people. It's 50m otherwise. They are fairly strict on flight corridors as well.
2017-7-16
Use props
chub1962
lvl.1
Flight distance : 644915 ft
Australia

chalde Posted at 2017-6-5 04:15
I do not think this is correct. My brother just took my P4 and stopped in Dubai has a layover. He had the P4 with him the whole time, in backpack, catching plane for his final destination, and same on his way back.
Might be restricted to fly there, but carrying it within the airport, there was no extra check.

I just flew from Australia to Europe and back via Dubai carrying my MavicPro with no issue.  Emirates airlines want you to check it in according to a part of their website, but I ignored that with no issues.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

yfcw0801 Posted at 2017-6-4 16:51
true, my misunderstanding. drone with camera is banned ;)

Can you climb a hill with a Nikon with telephoto.  Other than nude beaches drones are not that great for "spying".  Strapping explosives on these things would be laughably easy.  Ban that.
2017-7-16
Use props
fans41779ada
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2017-7-7 10:45
Until 1st of August  majority voted for a lift of the ban in the parliament!

Somebody is sane.  I always thought Sweden was.  So much natural beauty!
2017-7-16
Use props
Erick705
lvl.1

Canada

What you stated about Canada is inaccurate.
2017-7-16
Use props
jamesw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Someone should make a shared google spreadsheet with all the countries that have banned drones. Similiar to the StateFarm doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1180163488[/url]
2017-7-16
Use props
GMG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Not wanting to muddy the waters, but certain countries are making approval for drone use so onerous that it works pretty much as a ban.  For example, Croatia has regulations requiring a permit to be obtained for each case where you wish to fly (request documents must be filed weeks in advance and must be submitted in Croatian).  If you want to tempt your luck, you should be ready for the possibility of paying a 25 000 kuna fine (around 3 000 Euros).  Not a ban, but in practice it feels like one.  I suspect more than a few people have cancelled vacations there as a result.

2017-7-16
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-7-16 12:29
Not wanting to muddy the waters, but certain countries are making approval for drone use so onerous that it works pretty much as a ban.  For example, Croatia has regulations requiring a permit to be obtained for each case where you wish to fly (request documents must be filed weeks in advance and must be submitted in Croatian).  If you want to tempt your luck, you should be ready for the possibility of paying a 25 000 kuna fine (around 3 000 Euros).  Not a ban, but in practice it feels like one.  I suspect more than a few people have cancelled vacations there as a result.

thank you!
Definetely not a smart move from regulators taht does not know the state of the art on this technology.

it is a shame regulators do extreme decisions just based in assumptions or not valid concerns.  

bottom line here is if someone wants to do illegal things with this technology or any other will find the way to break the rules.
2017-7-18
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-7-16 12:29

thank you!
Definetely not a smart move from regulators taht does not know the state of the art on this technology.

it is a shame regulators do extreme decisions just based in assumptions or not valid concerns.  

bottom line here is if someone wants to do illegal things with this technology or any other will find the way to break the rules.
2017-7-18
Use props
ViktorK
lvl.1

Czechia

Slovakia - at least for profesional use.
Permit required for each flight.
You need to obtain
- acceptance from all landlords and people who might be recorded
- approval from ministry of defence that there is nothing confidential
- with this documents you need to go to transport authority and you can be gained with a permit valid for some time only.
This was status around May2017

2017-7-21
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

You can also add my country, Belgium, to your list.
Flying a drone in Belgium is extremely restricted.
For private use, the drone pilot may fly his/her drone over private property only and at a height of maximum 10 (ten) meters.
For any other flights the drone pilot has to be officially qualified and licensed to fly a drone, but then the flight height is limited to 90 (ninety) meters.  
2017-7-21
Use props
Dronaldo
First Officer
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-21 00:36
You can also add my country, Belgium, to your list.
Flying a drone in Belgium is extremely restricted.
For private use, the drone pilot may fly his/her drone over private property only and at a height of maximum 10 (ten) meters.

Thank you Marsan and so sorry to hear about it.  what a lack of vision from regulators to put in place those limits.   
they will lost tons or millions of free advertisement of their country from drone hobbyist uploading their material.  hopefully that can change soon.
2017-7-24
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-7-24 18:28
Thank you Marsan and so sorry to hear about it.  what a lack of vision from regulators to put in place those limits.   
they will lost tons or millions of free advertisement of their country from drone hobbyist uploading their material.  hopefully that can change soon.

Thank you for your encouragement.
Yes, I also hope that these drone flying restrictions change soon in my country.
I believe laws should be adapted to reflect the reality and not how politicians see our world.
2017-7-25
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Swedrone Posted at 2017-7-7 10:45
Until 1st of August  majority voted for a lift of the ban in the parliament!

Yay!! Was hoping to fly in Sweden this summer only to discover they classified drones as "surveillance equipment" (mobile phones are much more "surveillance" imho), so left Mavic behind.

To add to the list: Spain (alas, not taking my Mavin on the coming vacation there either):
http://www.rightspain.com/rules-regulations-drone-flying-spain/
https://adventuregrancanaria.com ... es-in-gran-canaria/
http://www.icarusrpa.info/mapa.php?opt=all

And Denmark (new rules from 1st of July this year, requires registration, but I am yet to find how non-residents can get a registration)
http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/da/droneregler
English: http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/da ... F7CBCE8876C9C1.ashx
NFZs in Denmark: http://zzz42drone.naviair.dk/ (not allowed to fly over natural reserves)
2017-7-25
Use props
sundance87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 423848 ft
Switzerland

Prokur Posted at 2017-7-16 00:31

I've read that about Egypt too.
But when I was diving in Hurghada back in May a guy from another safari boat flew his P4 around. Don't know how he got the drone into the country as the airport security even took my Swiss Army Knife I had in my checked luggage...
I guess, as they didn't leave me any official notice in the bag, some security bloke rather stole it than confiscated it.
2017-7-25
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-7-25 04:02
Yay!! Was hoping to fly in Sweden this summer only to discover they classified drones as "surveillance equipment" (mobile phones are much more "surveillance" imho), so left Mavic behind.

To add to the list: Spain (alas, not taking my Mavin on the coming vacation there either):

Swedish regualtions does not apply for EU citizens though (bummer for Norway...)
2017-7-25
Use props
NavigatorNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Went to Norway couple of weeks ago. Entered Sweden in Trelleborg. Had some great shots in Sweden. No problems at all. Lots of Mavics and Sparks in the air.
2017-7-25
Use props
SteWong
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3119432 ft
Hong Kong

I think Vietnam too?

Not allowed to bring one into the country, and have to get permission for every flight.

Please correct me if I am wrong
2017-7-25
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules