Help! DJI Go 4 is crashing/closing Mid-flight!
2192 11 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XXTechMoXX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403530 ft
United States

Why is this happening? I am on android and I have a Samsung Galaxy s6 phone. It happend atleast 1 time every flight. It is very dangerous and I'm scared I'm going to crash not being able to see. Has anyone found a way to fix this?
2017-6-2
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

It has also been reported the homepoint changes sometimes also.
So be aware when you get it restarted.
2017-6-2
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You can set the home point after a new start of the Go app to the point of the pilot(you). But check it on the map.
2017-6-2
Use props
XXTechMoXX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 403530 ft
United States

Does anyone know how to fix the app crashing problem?
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you verify what OS you're running and if you have any other programs running in the background? What Go app version are you running? Did you notice this right from the start, or was this after an OS or app update?
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RtinTN Posted at 2017-6-2 08:47
It has also been reported the homepoint changes sometimes also.
So be aware when you get it restarted.

Are you seeing that with your own set up, or are you just referring to someone else's thread?
2017-6-2
Use props
YZ2129
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43845 ft
United States

Super frustrating. I just received my phantom 4 pro yesterday and cannot fly because the go app will not open. I'm using a galaxy tab pro 10.1 and upon every launch of the go app it crashes. Even if I got the app to open I would not knowing that so many others are having issues also. Now I have a $1,400 paper weight. DJI you have to get on this issue. I've tried all the different suggestions on the forum and have had no success.
2017-6-2
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
United States

i have the P4 plus with that integrated screen cause i was annoyed by external pads/phones regulary crashing. so i got the new P4 to avoid it. now its crashing even more often than before and the drone is really acting strange every time. yesterday i fly around in my city for some pictures, no airport near. app crashed and when i hit RTH i got a warning that my RTH route will cross restricted airspace!? and it fly in another direction.  O_o

these crashes will make me loose my drone i am sure now... really frustrating. after years of experience i feel like a helpless beginner pilot again.
DJI_0042-Optimized.jpg
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

YZ2129 Posted at 2017-6-2 14:47
Super frustrating. I just received my phantom 4 pro yesterday and cannot fly because the go app will not open. I'm using a galaxy tab pro 10.1 and upon every launch of the go app it crashes. Even if I got the app to open I would not knowing that so many others are having issues also. Now I have a $1,400 paper weight. DJI you have to get on this issue. I've tried all the different suggestions on the forum and have had no success.

What OS version does it run on? How much RAM does it have? Could you verify the Go app version you have?
2017-6-2
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Doses the app crash in plane mode too? if not then switch on the plane mode on the phone/tab
2017-6-11
Use props
Litchi 4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I found a very simple way of fixing all the bugs in the DJI GO 4 app. All you have to do is uninstall the DJI GO 4 app and purchase an app called Litchi. Litchi is a 3rd party app that has more features than the DJI Go 4 app and the best part is it doesn't crash. I highly recommend buying Litchi if you want to enjoy features like controlling the camera gimbal with VR goggles, enhanced waypoint navigation and screen recording just to name a few.
I don't know how good Litchi's customer service is because I never had to contact them. Probably because their app is so easy to use and it actually works.  I do know from experience that DJI's customer service is virtually nonexistent when addressing the issues I was having with their buggy software.

DJI Go Sucks!!

DJI Go Sucks!!

2017-6-18
Use props
Roberson Ricard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3611440 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I use Moto Z Play, Android 7.0
What are the DJI GO 4 programmers doing to get the app off in mid-flight?
Unfortunately I will have to replace it for litchi.
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules