Cannot connect to camera
6250 10 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennyzarnt
New

United States

Just got my Phantom 2 Vision.   Connected everything properly (I think).    Drone flys well BUT  I CANNOT CONNECT TO THE CAMERA.
The above subject is the error I receive back when I select the camera icon inside the Vision App.

I went through the Binding process and most of the time it saw the Phantom on Wifi, but it would not allow me to connect to the camera.
I called DJI and the had me upgrade all software and hit the reset buttoms.........nothing changed.   This happened with the first unit I received and they told me to send it back.   Now it happened again with this new unit.  The iphone sees the Phantom via wifi, shows the proper MAC addr. but will not talk to it.

Also durning the Binding process, many times I get the error....."Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed".  And then after a few trys it connects.

The last problem is also during the Binding process I will try to scan the QR code and I always get a message that states "Access to the camera has been specifically denied to DJI Vision.......  Very strange.

It seems to me that there is a problem with the DJI Vision software on my iPhone6Plus.  I also tried this same app on my wife's iphone5 with the identical result.

my unit has been recently discontinued by DJI, so I don't know if that is the problem or.........................

I hate to go through another return  process with DJI.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks  
Den
2015-3-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Not sure of your Phantom specs so Just curious and maybe unrelated but check to see if you have "Upgrade range extender" enabled or disabled in your Vision app on your phone, (pretty sure you don't have a range extrender) either way, if it is enabled, disable and try that. Otherwise, not sure, maybe someone has an older version of the Vision app and try that, I wonder if their is Vision app backwards compatibility issue, otherwise no clue at this point.
And if in doubt about the Version of Vision app you are running, You can download the latest Vision app from iTunes.
2015-3-11
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

the message  "Access to the camera has been specifically denied to DJI Vision" simply means that you haven't let the app access your camera roll, go into settings> privacy > photos and allow the app access to the camera (slide the button till it turns green)

As for the wifi connection error, make sure that you have chosen to forget any wifi you may use on your phone, unlike the android WIFI there isn't an option to turn off auto connect, this means that as the phantom has an unstable wifi (no internet) the phone may simply jump back to a good wifi with internet.

WIFI repeater connection failure means that the phone isn't seeing the WIFI coming out of the repeater unit, so connect your phone and watch the wifi in the iphone settings and see if it drops the connection and then reconnects

lastly and I have seen this happen make sure you have no other phone still connected to the RE unit, I forgot the other day and used my tablet but it kept dropping the WIFI and I realised that I still had my Iphone in my pocket which was setup to connect to the Phantom.

Oh and really last, the white lead the plugs into the camera, make sure its firmly seated as this is the power for the wifi itself
2015-3-11
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Hi Den,
I have the same problem with my Phantom Vision 2.  Make a long story short....I got my Phantom in early January and I did everything slowly and correctly with the upgrades.....I had old firmware on my Phantom and even the egg shaped camera had to be updated.  So after figuring out all the old variants of firmware that I got on my Phantom compared to what the DJI site showed I figured out I had to get the RC and Phantom Controllers hooked up and do all the upgrades and calibrations.

Well that was a week of worry and nervousness mixed in with reading all the posts about flyaways.  I wasn't too concerned about flying the Phantom right away...practicing how to fly inside with a Cheap Syma unit in the meantime.....within a week DJI announces a new upgrade that turned out to be a disaster that had to be called back....ver. 3.10 back to 3.08....however, I'm convinced that that flawed version released by DJI caused me some unnecessary grief because after I upgraded to 3.10 I never got a reading of battery percentage (wifi extender) in my Vision APP anymore.....

All during this process, I learned by reading here on this site how to do all the things correctly....like calibrate and check things inside without props on etc....everything was OK except that damn "non-read" of the battery percentage in the Vision App...all during the next month or so....I still didn't feel comfortable taking the Phantom out for a test flight because of this issue, even though I was getting good readings and actions with the remote on inside testing.....

So, DJI announces a new upgrade to 3.12 recently and I figure maybe this might fix the problem with the wifi % read on the Vision App....so I do the upgrade and all the other good things and everything works fine except it doesn't fix the above problem....

Last week, I pull the Phantom out on the table again and I figure I'll do a re-binding to the camera and maybe that will bring back the WI-FI extender battery %....well guess what...I'm left now with the same problem you have and getting the same reads that you are....now, when I try to rebind... my wifi extender is recognized but when I go through the rebinding process and get to the point that it asks to scan or put in the code...I cannot scan and the message comes up about being "specifically denied". I manually enter the Mac Address and it connects and says "Update  OK and completed....but the App still doesn't work."

I wrote to DJI and after some bullshit replies about telling me how to upgrade I wrote back and told them that their reply was a "stock" reply and didn't address my specific question about the APP 'specifically denying" my camera....they told me to send it in for service....

Personally, this company has the screwiest bunch of engineers and software designers....all of their firmware updates have been flawed and their nomenclature between all variant models and firmeare create unnecessary confusion.....

In conclusion, I may order a new RE700 and upgrade it to my Phantom setup over the RE500...I figure its worth $130 bucks to give it a try....my RE500 is probably creating the problem.....The FC-200 camera on the Phantom takes the firmware upgrade to ver. 1.9 and seems to be OK....the extender is putting out a signal that is showing up on my Iphone 4S and Google tablet...so both IOS and Android version of the App are being recognized....
There is no doubt in my mind that DJI's firmware releases are always done without much QC research....while there is no failsafe when doing downloads....the problems that most of us face are not mechanical....and DJI plays games with all of us that have problems....I just don't feel like sending my bird in for 4 weeks of service and they screw around with the software just to make it work temporarily with a ton of garbage within all the lines of computer code...and then a few weeks later something goes wrong....like a flyaway....I may try the RE700 deal and hope it works and fixes the problem...if not...I'm selling my crappy investment piece by piece on EBAY...LOL!

Sorry for the long rant but you have the same EXACT problem as me and I just had to tell someone else that could listen.  

Gone Fishing!

Rick
2015-3-11
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-12 05:35
the message  "Access to the camera has been specifically denied to DJI Vision" simply means that you ...

Crash,
Your points are all good....unfortunately they don't change things for me. Still have the problem after monitoring all of your comments
Rick
2015-3-11
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mmmm strange, that's the fix that's mentioned on the DJI Wiki page (me thinks, ive read that much) can you try with an Android app ?

Did you uninstall the app and reinstall it ? or try disallowing the app access then reallow it.

Steadyrick, your right that the RE battery level doesn't show with the new app, I discussed it here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... amp;page=1#pid69406

Get the RE700, I nearly tripled my range and it shows the RE battery level as well

, watch this video I did

2015-3-11
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-12 07:35
mmmm strange, that's the fix that's mentioned on the DJI Wiki page (me thinks, ive read that much) c ...

Crash,
Yeah I feel its better to upgrade to a RE700 extender than to take the time to box up the Phantom and send it to DJI for a month....and they send me an invoice and I still have limited range with the RE500...

My only concern is that maybe the camera is bricked and is the real problem.... but I did download the Camera firmware and reinstalled it with the firmware.bin file and it did accept the reinstall....so maybe it still is a problem with the RE500 wifi extender.....I've read many problems with this extender and mine never seemed to keep a charge since Day 1

I did uninstall the Apps on both versions and reinstalled....IOS and Android....still no luck....
Thanks for the help.
2015-3-11
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I was led to believe that you can connect to the camera direct, bypassing the re unit, however after testing I couldn't

2015-3-12
Use props
dennyzarnt
New

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-3-12 05:58
Hi Den,
I have the same problem with my Phantom Vision 2.  Make a long story short....I got my Phant ...

Thanks for your extensive reply to my problem.

I have completed all the re-downloading, etc., etc.   I will investigate the RE700, maybe they will give me a deal on it versus sending the unit back.   

I'll try again some of the other things mentioned and get back to everyone if I have success and let you all know what I did to make it work.

Thanks again,  Den
2015-3-12
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

dennyzarnt@mac. Posted at 2015-3-12 22:59
Thanks for your extensive reply to my problem.

I have completed all the re-downloading, etc., etc ...

Den,
I ordered the RE700 which should arrive this week....

....however, I did fix my problem.  I downloaded an APP called ScanLife from the Apple store (it's FREE)
After countless hours deleting and re-installing Apps, Firmware, and Bin.files....I couldn't get my DJI Vision App to scan the QR code.

I scanned the QR code that came with my Phantom (on the box) with the ScanLife App....a lot of numbers came up which identify DJI, the Phantom model, the Serial number of the camera, the SSID and the MAC address too....

I powered up my RC unit and then the RE500 wifi extender and waited until the green light on the extender  was flashing....then I powered up the Phantom....waited until everything went through the sequence and then I reset the extender by holding the button in until the blinking green light went off....released the reset button and waited until the extender started blinking green again (30 secs or so)
I grabbed my I Phone 4S and located the Phantom and connected to the Wifi Signal with Airplane mode on...opened Vision App and made sure the Phantom wifi signal was indicated and then I went to the Settings menu and hit "Binding"....when the screen came up for MAC address I "tapped" on the area and "manually" entered  the last six digits of the camera MAC address in the appropriate area....then hit the blue check mark on the upper right corner...hit it a second time and a little wheel spun for a few seconds and it changed screens...

At this point I powered everything off and powered up the RC unit first and then the extender.....waited until the green light flashed and powered up the Phantom....waited and connected to the phone and opened the Vision APP and hit "CAMERA"....Volia! Ground station and camera was working....all fixed...

Notes:  BE PATIENT!!  Allow at least 30 secs...or so between each step after the reset....give the camera time to send its signal....and make sure you start by deleting you DJI Vision APP and re-installing it before starting the process....

Hope this helps others too....especially when they cannot use the QR scan feature of the DJI Vision APP....another mistake early on was that my phone did not read the camera on the wifi network area of the phone....and I kept mistakenly adding the last six digits of the WIFI unit in the camera MAC address area rather than the camera's MAC address....once I used ScanLife I realized I had the correct Camera MAC address...

Not sure why DJI couldn't take me through this process.....rather than request that I send in my Quad for service...looking forward to adding the extended range of the RE-700 extender this week.

I'm resolved to the fact that the Re500 with latest upgrades DOES NOT show the battery life percentage on a Phantom 2 Vision....it would be nice that DJI would tell people that....it would eliminate a lot of frustration and confusion.  Hopefully, the new RE-700 will show the extender battery % when I install it.

Rick

2015-3-15
Use props
info
New

Netherlands

Hello this is a crappy problem
Me too got it back from repair (new camera after crash) and now is impossible to connect to camera
Cannot scan qr code is the biggest problem manual input is not possible

Anyone got the solution?
Would-be great!
2015-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules