1505 8 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crozzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4859 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have downloaded Assistant, but it wont open correctly!

It opens with "how to connect to inspire2" and it wont allow me to go any further.

I want to connect P4

Opperating system Windows 8

Regards

2017-6-2
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

you use the usb cable provided with the P4 and connect it to your computer then launch the app
2017-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As AndyP has said, and provided the USB driver has loaded correctly, then when you connect P4 via USB lead and power up the P4 you should see a P4 icon appearing. This might take a few seconds (10-15). Click on this P4 icon and you should be good to go.

2017-6-2
Use props
Crozzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4859 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-2 12:30
As AndyP has said, and provided the USB driver has loaded correctly, then when you connect P4 via USB lead and power up the P4 you should see a P4 icon appearing. This might take a few seconds (10-15). Click on this P4 icon and you should be good to go.

Cheers guys, still wont connect. i will plod on

This Dji malarkey is winding me up now. Everything is hassle. its taking all the fun out of it. i have no confidence in flying the P4 anymore. Even the bloody Go4 app is crap now. Bring back the old app and software.

regards
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Crozzy Posted at 2017-6-2 13:54
Cheers guys, still wont connect. i will plod on

This Dji malarkey is winding me up now. Everything is hassle. its taking all the fun out of it. i have no confidence in flying the P4 anymore. Even the bloody Go4 app is crap now. Bring back the old app and software.

Can you please verify which Assistant 2 version you're trying to install? Did you ensure that you downloaded any drivers that were requested during the install process? When you connect the aircraft to the computer, do you get an audio queue from your computer indicating that it registers that something is connected? Just like in the video that Aardvark provided, the aircraft is turned on and plugged in?
2017-6-2
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

The same thing is happening with my P4 since upgraded the last firmware. Getting it connected to laptop and opening Assistant app but not heading further.
2017-6-8
Use props
themagpie
New
Singapore

fans29d8b6aa Posted at 2017-6-8 04:11
The same thing is happening with my P4 since upgraded the last firmware. Getting it connected to laptop and opening Assistant app but not heading further.

Same here. The Assistant stays stubbornly unchanged. No prompt.  I'm a drone noob. I have a Spark and am running Win 8.1. Spark connects to the PC cos I can access its image folder via Windows. Tried uninstalling and re-installing Assistant 2. The same nothing.
2017-7-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A question for anyone with this issue and is using Assistant 2 on a Windows PC.

If you go into Control Panel / System / Device Manager, and select the View tab and enable 'Show hidden devices', do you see 'libusb-win32 devices' with 'Vision (Interface x)' listed under that?
2017-7-3
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

True very true... DJI has never considered it's customer but could snatching away bid amount only.....
The last firmware upgrade in the month of July 2017 made maximum P4 Pilots are truely disappointed. It's made all the aircraft so vinerable in all possible way. But till today there had been no initiative from DJI to recover it's Customers from disaster. It all happened to me same as well
I list few project due to malfunctioning of both my P4.
2017-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules