Petition for Dronie,Rocket&Helix for Mavic-How Much $ would you pay?
3146 30 2017-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5976d82a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218140 ft
Canada

Dear Mavic pro users.  Please if you care about the community and your Mavic Pro and its abilities.  Please add your support to this thread to show DJI emplyees and executives how badly we want these new flight modes and how much you as an individual Mavic owner are willing to pay for them.  Maybe it's 0 dollars, maybe you don't care for them at all.  That is 100% fine.  Please don't ruin this thread for the rest of the community that really really does want these flight modes to be brought over to the Mavic as soon as possible.  Please just simply respond with why you want these new modes and how much you are willing to pay for them.  Thank you.
Dear DJI employees and executives

The Mavic Pro is currently the most capable portable drone on the market right now.  Certain competitors are within a week of launching a product that does many things better than the Mavic Pro.  Vantage Robotics Snap can shoot in 4K and has the ability to do a Dronie (as announced for the Spark).

I have done a lot of travelling with my Mavic and can tell you first hand that both the Dronie and the Rocket are two flight modes that I personally would be willing to pay over $50 for.

So many of my epic shots have been ruined due to the fact that I have been looking at my monitor screen and or are holding my remote control in my hands instead of waving at the camera or posing properly.  My wedding is now only 3 weeks away and I doubt these modes will be available before then but if the Spark is released on June 15th, then maybe perhaps there is the possibility of a firmware upgrade for the Mavic in that time frame as well.

I am sincerely grateful for all of the firmware upgrades that have expanded the capabilities of the Mavic Pro.  However know this.  Even though these have all been free.  I personally would be more than willing to spend up to $50 USD.  To have these new features implemented on the Mavic Pro.

This may upset a lot of you on this forum as you want these features for free.  But I'd rather have the option of having then rather than DJI withold them from us for 6 months just so that they can make more money off of the Spark.

On my professional Sony cameras, there are options for me to purchase additional shooting modes and effects.  I think DJI is doing a diservice to its customers by not allowing them a full range of additional features to their products.  If you are holding back because of money purposes allow me to say that we as the community are more than willing to pay for them.

For example.  I'd be more than happy to pay $10 for Dronie and $10 for Helix.  etc.   I also think that you should implement elevation compentation relative to the controller and would be willing to pay an extra $20.00 just for that.  Many of your flyers are using Lichi and have paid a lot of money for the additional features offered in that App. However you, DJI, have come out and said that if a crash happens while running Lichi that you will not cover the damage through DJI care.  I believe this to be a fair stance however I also believe you are leaving your custemers behind and you yourselves are somewhat behind the competition (example Sony cameras) and Vantage Robotics Snap, if you do not offer your customers more new flight modes, be it either for free or for purchase.

This would be a great new revenue stream for you especially during a time when your sales are increasing at a slower rate than they have in the past.

Please please please continue to develop new flight modes for your products and please make them available RIGHT away.  Even if it means charging us for them.

I think it is terrible that the spark, a $500 drone, will be capable of things that my Mavic, a $1000 drone, isn't capable of doing.  Or even the P4P for that matter.

Thank you so much.  I hope that there are a lot of other people out there who feel the same way.  Even if you don't agree with me on how much these new features should cost.  i.e.  I agree they could be implemented for free.... especially the ones already scheduled to be lauched with the Spark. However I would rather see WAY MORE flying modes and pay for them, then to not even have the option at all.

Thanks once again.

2017-6-2
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
Sweden

Add me to the vote but It should be for free. As you said, they already have it for the cheap drones and it should be implemented to the more expensive xisting drones for FREE!
2017-6-2
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

More crap to go wrong.

Wait until 2027 when they fix the current problems with this crappy FW before they implement more error ridden tricks.
2017-6-2
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

I think we all would like to see those modes added to the MAVIC, but since this is only a software update and not a hardware one. I would not expect to have to pay for them since they are already implemented on a lower range drone.
2017-6-2
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it is terrible that the Mavic, a $1000 drone, is capable of things that my S1000, a $10,000 drone, isn't capable of doing. It's the price we pay for progress. Features will come with time and I am shocked how fast features arrive since the mass market consumer has been introduced to drones. It has not always been this way.
2017-6-2
Use props
fansc5e416a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57224 ft
New Zealand

Yes Yes Yes I really want these features please !!
2017-6-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I think they assume people with a Mavic are capable of flying those moves. Spark is for the noobs who can't do anything but wave at it in the sky.

I mean really, you're struggling to fly back and up at the same time?
2017-6-3
Use props
fansc5e416a8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57224 ft
New Zealand

Back and up is easy but back in a spiral up and staying focused on the same subject smoothly would really take some flying !!!
2017-6-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansc5e416a8 Posted at 2017-6-3 01:00
Back and up is easy but back in a spiral up and staying focused on the same subject smoothly would really take some flying !!!

Not really, takes a little bit of practice. Basically a manual orbit (both sticks in or out) then gently up on the left stick to start gaining height.

Once you're locked in you just keep the sticks where they are, if it's windy you'll have to make some minor adjustments.

Camera tilt can be a tricky one, but once you've got everything moving at the same speed just hold it.

2017-6-5
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Of course, we have to have the new flight modes in DJIGO4 on our Mavic quite free. DJI should keep in mind that we have been tried rabbits with their "new" DJIGO4 APP and experienced all the problems it has given us.

Regards Leif.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans5976d82a
lvl.1
Canada

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-6-3 00:49
I think they assume people with a Mavic are capable of flying those moves. Spark is for the noobs who can't do anything but wave at it in the sky.

I mean really, you're struggling to fly back and up at the same time?

I am absolutely 100% struggling to fly back and up at the same time without holding the controller in my hands.   

The whole point (for me at least) of these autonomous flying modes, is to get myself in the footage without looking like a complete dork or while being able to be myself and look at the camera rather than looking down at the controller.  I've practiced this a lot and for the most part I don't need to look at the controller at all anymore but it sure would be nice to have this automated and just leave the controller hidden beside me or behind me or in a pocket.

2017-6-5
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

All of the Spark flying modes should be added to the Mavic.  It's only software and the Mavic is more than capable to handle those modes.  In addition to a pano mode that takes pictures, I want a pano mode for video so I can control the speed of rotation as it records a 360 video pano.
2017-6-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans5976d82a Posted at 2017-6-5 07:31
I am absolutely 100% struggling to fly back and up at the same time without holding the controller in my hands.   

The whole point (for me at least) of these autonomous flying modes, is to get myself in the footage without looking like a complete dork or while being able to be myself and look at the camera rather than looking down at the controller.  I've practiced this a lot and for the most part I don't need to look at the controller at all anymore but it sure would be nice to have this automated and just leave the controller hidden beside me or behind me or in a pocket.

I think you need a friend, you can't be the star and the camera man, that's just selfish
2017-6-5
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I just watched on U2P the Dronie, Rocket & Helix modes.
Beside the Helix there are not rocket science moves.
Would i pay for it? nope
Would i want them? yes
Do i miss them? nope
2017-6-5
Use props
fans5976d82a
lvl.1
Canada

Come on DJI moderators.  Anything?  Anything at all?  No comment?
2017-6-6
Use props
Guru-Spark
New
United Kingdom

+1 Yes. Would pay if DJI decide to make it a premium feature.
2017-6-25
Use props
Guru-Spark
New
United Kingdom

+1 Yes. Would pay if DJI decide to make it a premium feature.
2017-6-25
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think its marketing thats holding the functions back..
DJI want it to be exclusive to the Spark for now. Once sales start to dwindle, they will add it into the Mavic.

It also could be a safety issue. DJI might be measuring the amount of human errors when using the 4 spark automation modes. Will users use Dronie mode near high rise apparments? Will users use Rocket mode indoors? Will users use helix in the forest? It could be dangerous if they apply these automation modes into the larger drones like the Mavic/Phantoms.
Though the tech exist, it may be too risky to adopt. Take palm launching - Can you imaging introducing face detection and then palm launching a Mavic??

2017-6-25
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

its already cost some 1K + there is no way i'll pay for some feature, why should a 500$ drone have more features than the higher priced ? seems odd
maybe start a petition with the things being raised re app or firmware that people have problems with......
PS Rocket mode - gimble fully down > focus > left stick up lol
2017-6-25
Use props
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

Would pay if DJI decide to make it a premium feature !!!
2017-6-25
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

The spark uses infrared to measure the distance in front of it for hand gesture control, the mavic doesnt have that, so you'll never see that funtionality. Use active track for autonomous flying or POI mode etc
2017-6-25
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-6-25 16:42
The spark uses infrared to measure the distance in front of it for hand gesture control, the mavic doesnt have that, so you'll never see that funtionality. Use active track for autonomous flying or POI mode etc

Mavic has front sensors. Mavic can also measure distance. Mavic can also track objects. It's much more superior to the spark with tech.
The spark is using borrow tech from all their previous drones. It's a software(/firmware) change to add those functions to the Mavic.
2017-6-25
Use props
IAjSXdXyGMgB
New
Flight distance : 50285 ft
Germany

U got my vote !!
2017-6-28
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

As much as I would like these feature on my Mavic, I'm okay with waiting a little while for them.  There are at least 15 threads over on the Spark forum where users are having issues using Dronie, Helix, etc..
2017-6-28
Use props
fans3d9cf138
New

Brazil

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-6-25 16:42

Dosent works, cause this feature need has sigth of the object. So, when gets too far it stops...
2017-7-19
Use props
fans3d9cf138
New

Brazil

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-6-25 15:33
I think its marketing thats holding the functions back..
DJI want it to be exclusive to the Spark for now. Once sales start to dwindle, they will add it into the Mavic.

Very interesting view!!!
2017-7-19
Use props
DomDrone
New
Germany

CynicalZombie Posted at 2017-6-5 08:04
All of the Spark flying modes should be added to the Mavic.  It's only software and the Mavic is more than capable to handle those modes.  In addition to a pano mode that takes pictures, I want a pano mode for video so I can control the speed of rotation as it records a 360 video pano.

That would be great
2017-8-4
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-6-25 17:33
Mavic has front sensors. Mavic can also measure distance. Mavic can also track objects. It's much more superior to the spark with tech.
The spark is using borrow tech from all their previous drones. It's a software(/firmware) change to add those functions to the Mavic.

Not entirely. I've linked a video in which the sensors get tested on both the spark and the mavic. Looks like the sparks sensors are better than on the mavic.
2017-8-4
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

The spark features don’t even work on the spark. Let’s allow DJI to give us the drone we paid for first.
2017-8-4
Use props
Kevbox
lvl.1
Canada

I'm bumping this thread.  I still want Dronie and Rocket for the Mavic!   Come on DJI!  COME ON!    The new Mavic Platinum clearly shows how the Mavic Platform is here to stay!  Can you please expand on the autonomous flight modes of this awesome awesome awesome drone!  PLEASE!
2017-9-19
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Ehh? We just got quickshots in an update. Not sure whats all there as far as circle,helix dronie but we got them
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules