723 1 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153947 ft
Belgium

Hi,

Maybe this is not the correct place in the forum, but I want to launch the following suggestion to DJI:

Since DJI Go 4 is using the maps of HERE, wouldn't it be interesting to (re)use the offline stored maps of the HERE app?
The HERE app (on Android- as well as on Apple-devices) offers the possibility to store complete countries offline.
Why not taking advantage of these locally stored maps?
These maps are really good. I've used them offline on many vacations in foreign countries, and they have never let me down.

So, to me, it should be nice to check of the HERE app is installed and if so, let DJO GO reuse the stored offline maps. If not, then you can still store the map for offline use.
This gives several advantages, like a common place to store maps. No need to download twice the map, once in the HERE app and once in DJI GO. This saves some memory...
Only info related to warning, NFZ, etc, ... should be tranfered and can be put as layer on top of the stored maps.

Maybe this is already the case for Android-devices, but I don't think so.
Anyway, to me, this would be great for Android and Apple-devices...
Use HERE for driving to a beautifull spot and reuse the map in DJI GO to shoot great videos...

Somebody who shares the same idea?

2017-6-3
Use props
Time2Party
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169314 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem, now I have to download the maps twice and this is a waste of memory.
2017-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules