AIRCRAFT LOCKED, Any Ideas???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Migsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 301473 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Everybody.

Hope you are all well and enjoying flying in the Great British summer.
Right, I am BEYOND annoyed and I have come across a problem for which I find NOTHING about on any forum or web tutorial. I just got my drone back from DJI after it went away to be repaired for a crack that appeared on one of the arms. It took a whole four weeks for DJI to fix it and it arrived yesterday. when I powered it up to check if everything was fine, RC would  not connect so I refreshed the aircraft firmware and re-linked the RC. All sweet , Aircraft connecting to RC, doing ts warm up thingy and at the last minute when I was just getting ready to fire the motors, CANNOT FLY, DEVICE LOCKED and all lights come at SOLID RED

I did EVERYTHING I could think off: Reset to factory defaults, Firmware refresh (again) Vision Calibratiom, IMU calibration, Compass calibration, the lot but whatever I do the device is locked as per attached pictures

Any Ideas?????
Thank you very much

M

IMG_5448.PNG IMG_5449.PNG IMG_5450.PNG
2017-6-3
Use props
fansb63f6ae9
New
Flight distance : 63740 ft
Hungary

Hello Migsey! I went into that same mistake. He was on the driveway and after returning to me he produced the same mistake. I'm totally puzzled.
2017-6-3
Use props
Migsey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there, thank you for posting. Did you find a solution. DJI seems to be puzzled about this one.... :-(

M
2017-6-3
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

You might have to re-authenticate your Phantom by logging into your DJI account through the DJI Go 4 app.
Once you log in with your aircraft turned  on and connected to your RC,  it should unlock.
2017-6-3
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You also might just have to restart the P4 after you log in for the unlock to take effect.
2017-6-3
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Open you DJI App with your Phantom turned on, and on the initial splash screen click on "Me"  in the lower right corner and you will prompted to sign in with your DJI user name and password.
Once you do that restart the Phantom and it should be unlocked.

Good Luck!
2017-6-3
Use props
Migsey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tmygun Posted at 2017-6-3 07:44
Open you DJI App with your Phantom turned on, and on the initial splash screen click on "Me"  in the lower right corner and you will prompted to sign in with your DJI user name and password.

Dear Tmgym

thank you ever so much for your mail. I tried to do just that but mo prompt displayed. i logged out and back in again and aircraft remained locked..... no luck;-(

M
2017-6-3
Use props
fansb63f6ae9
New
Hungary

Tmygun Posted at 2017-6-3 07:44

I have the same problem as Migsey, I did it as you wrote but it still does not work
2017-6-3
Use props
Migsey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I examined the aircraft closely and I am pretty sure that DJI sent me another machine i.e, this is not the drone that I sent them for repair. Further comparison of the QR code in the battery compartment  with a picture of my original machine confirms that this is another aircraft. So it makes sense that it is locked. It needs activation but that cannot happen because you can activate only once and that was done when I first flew my original aircraft. It looks like DJI really messed up thing here!!!!!
2017-6-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Migsey Posted at 2017-6-3 11:05
I examined the aircraft closely and I am pretty sure that DJI sent me another machine i.e, this is not the drone that I sent them for repair. Further comparison of the QR code in the battery compartment  with a picture of my original machine confirms that this is another aircraft. So it makes sense that it is locked. It needs activation but that cannot happen because you can activate only once and that was done when I first flew my original aircraft. It looks like DJI really messed up thing here!!!!!

It is perfectly normal for DJI to send you another aircraft after a warranty repiar. They mention this in their T & C's.
2017-6-3
Use props
fansb63f6ae9
New
Hungary

I do not have the same serial number, so I did not get back what I sent out. Now I'm very angry, I do not know what to do
2017-6-3
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Just to be sure - when you connect your Phantom to the Go app do you have an internet connection?   You cannot register if you do not have a internet connection at the time.
2017-6-4
Use props
Migsey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Everything is working except that the device is locked. The App records the home position, all gps satellites are available , camera is on, gimbal is working, I can start recording, take pictures , . there is nothing out of place except that motors will not run because device is locked. I even thought that this could be a new feature and because I am in a no fly zone, the machine would refuse to fly but if that is the case wouldn't it say so, I mean, wouldn't it say that it cannot fly because I am tin a no fly zone?
2017-6-4
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-3 14:53
It is perfectly normal for DJI to send you another aircraft after a warranty repiar. They mention this in their T & C's.

I had a terrible crash with my P3 Pro last summer.  Among other things, the Gimbal arm was broken, the cameras worked but was loose, and the shell was pretty scratched up. I repaired the gimbal arm  myself, but I just didn't trust it any longer.  So I sent it in to DJI for evaluation.  They charged me only $275.00 U.S., but sent me another complete drone.  Frankly, I was thankful they did.  The replacement looked like a brand new P3Pro.  After what I did the my old Pro, I was happy as a Lark to get a new one for only $275.00.  I still fly it to this day.
2017-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Migsey Posted at 2017-6-4 11:27
Everything is working except that the device is locked. The App records the home position, all gps satellites are available , camera is on, gimbal is working, I can start recording, take pictures , . there is nothing out of place except that motors will not run because device is locked. I even thought that this could be a new feature and because I am in a no fly zone, the machine would refuse to fly but if that is the case wouldn't it say so, I mean, wouldn't it say that it cannot fly because I am tin a no fly zone?

"I mean, wouldn't it say that it cannot fly because I am tin a no fly zone?"

Perhaps not, one way to prove it would be to move away from the NFZ. I assume you are in an NFZ as opposed to a restricted area (Class 'D' airspace for example).
2017-6-4
Use props
Migsey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-4 12:59
"I mean, wouldn't it say that it cannot fly because I am tin a no fly zone?"

Perhaps not, one way to prove it would be to move away from the NFZ. I assume you are in an NFZ as opposed to a restricted area (Class 'D' airspace for example).

yes, i thought that much but DJI said it cannot be that. They actually said that i am the first person to report such a thing and they have no clue as for what to do. I suspect that drone will have to go back to the Netherlands and it will be another 4 weeks wait. I have really no options hers. DJI legendary bad support has well lived up to its reputation I'm afraid.....
2017-6-5
Use props
Migsey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 2017-6-4 12:16
I had a terrible crash with my P3 Pro last summer.  Among other things, the Gimbal arm was broken, the cameras worked but was loose, and the shell was pretty scratched up. I repaired the gimbal arm  myself, but I just didn't trust it any longer.  So I sent it in to DJI for evaluation.  They charged me only $275.00 U.S., but sent me another complete drone.  Frankly, I was thankful they did.  The replacement looked like a brand new P3Pro.  After what I did the my old Pro, I was happy as a Lark to get a new one for only $275.00.  I still fly it to this day.

Hi djordan
yes, when I got the drone back it looked absolutely shiny and I looked for a couple of scratches that it had which weren't there anymore. I was well happy to see a brand new machine until the realisation that it can't do what it was designed for: to fly ;-(
2017-6-5
Use props
PicardLeGros
New
Flight distance : 44206 ft
Finland

I am also having the same problem, got back from DJI repair on last Saturday, device locked on Sunday.
I tried logging in - start the drone sequence but nothing.
And after checking too, here is not a NFZ.

I was relieved when i got it back from repair ... i was wrong
2017-6-5
Use props
fans730ad233
New
Flight distance : 246739 ft
United Kingdom

Hello everyone

Has anyone found out how to unlock the P4.  I have just got my P4 back from DJI after a repair.   I am suffering the same issue.

Device Locked.

Thanks for your time.

MAT

2017-6-6
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

fans730ad233 Posted at 2017-6-6 04:35
Hello everyone

Has anyone found out how to unlock the P4.  I have just got my P4 back from DJI after a repair.   I am suffering the same issue.

I read in another forum that you have delete DJI Go 3.xx (if that is what you are using), install DJI Go 4 - startup the contoller, AC and then app then log in.. If you want to use DJI Go 3.xx again, you should be able to after using DJI Go 4 (which you can uninstall after you activate it)..
2017-6-7
Use props
JanF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1053865 ft
Norway

Having the same problem after getting the drone back from repair. SN dont match so they have replaced it with dontknow what, no wonder since it was totally smashed after a 100 meter fall.

Been on chat with online support for 1 hour now but they have no solution
2017-6-8
Use props
fans0c62e901
New
France

Hi !
I got the same problem with my Phantom 4.
Just got my P4 from Dji repair and i'm now locked !
I read all your posts and i wanna cry if i need to send them back !
Any solution ?
Thxxxx

2017-6-9
Use props
SargeAF
lvl.1
United States

fansb63f6ae9 Posted at 2017-6-3 23:31
I do not have the same serial number, so I did not get back what I sent out. Now I'm very angry, I do not know what to do

Serial Number ????? I have yet to find one, I did see the QR code in the battery compartment and that is it, should this get stolen I have no way to prove ownership. Any suggestions
2017-6-13
Use props
JanF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1053865 ft
Norway

Problem might be solved in another thread
2017-6-18
Use props
Maoage
New
Flight distance : 85167 ft
Peru

I have the same issue but with my Mavic Pro. I dont know what to do, if you find something please help. Cheers
2017-11-17
Use props
markers
New
Canada

I had the exact same issue with my spark. After reading many forums and trying various things with the hardware I finally found a solution.

Step 1: Delete the DJI GO 4 application from your device.

Step 2: Open up the internet and visit https://www.apkmirror.com/ and search for DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.15 or copy this link into your search bar: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... roid-apk-download/.

Step 3: Download the APK.

Step 4: open settings, then go to LOCK SCREEN AND SECURITY and turn on UNKNOWN RESOURCES.

Step 5: Go to file explorer and open the download.

Step 6: The download should complete and a previous version of DJI GO 4 will install on your mobile device.

Use this previous version to fly your spark, until DJI announces that they have resolved this issue.

Good Luck!
2018-5-1
Use props
markers
New
Canada

markers Posted at 2018-5-1 18:13
I had the exact same issue with my spark. After reading many forums and trying various things with the hardware I finally found a solution.

Also, try to use an OTG (on the go) cable to connect your mobile device to your controller. Here's a link to a video about how to connect the device and controller:

2018-5-1
Use props
markers
New
Canada

Hope I've been helpful.
2018-5-1
Use props
djiuser_RrG8AVXnymJa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

markers Posted at 2018-5-1 18:13

Wow.  You have totally saved me.

I bought a DJI Spark 2 days ago.  I have yet to fly the damn thing.  Could not activate with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  Contacted DJI Support, completely worthless.  They basically told me to do all the things that the app already mentioned.  Looked around on my own and saw this seems to be a widespread issue, and finally found a site that mentioned trying to connect to the drone wifi with mobile data disabled.  This worked and I was prompted to update firmware, which I did.  Got to the flight screen and saw the dreaded "Unable to take off" error message.  Lights were all red on the drone.  Clicking through the menus revealed "Aircraft locked" message and some indication that the app thought my firmware was not up to date.  So I installed DJI Assistant 2 software on my PC and hooked up the drone.  Reset firmware to factory default and updated again.  Same error.  Refreshed the latest firmware in the DJI Assistant software.  Same error.  Talked to DJI Support and they seemed baffled.  Finally they admit there is a bug in a version of their software.  But they insist that the bug was fixed after 4.1.14.  I was running a much newer version, but the bug obviously still exists.

About the time I got frustrated and quit with DJI Support, I came across your post.  Installed version 4.1.15 and viola, errors are cleared.  Maybe, just maybe, I can actually fly this damn thing now after work.

I've got to admit, this is probably the worst user experience I have ever had with any tech product.  Totally unacceptable in my opinion for a company selling this type of products.  I've got 13 days to convince myself that this thing isn't going to end up being an expensive brick in the near future due to   incompetence on DJI's part.  If not, this thing is getting returned for a full refund.
2018-5-2
Use props
H1NDENBURG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

Just to follow up, the spark has been a dream to fly since getting my initial activation problems resolved.  I've had no problems since my remote came in, and I'm able to use any version of the app without issue.  Granted, I've yet to go back and try flying directly from the phone, and likely never will just because of the superiority of RC control.
2018-5-23
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

You will have just to update the firmware
2018-11-28
Use props
Anthony Carmichael
New

United States

make sure you update the no fly software, had the same problem did the up date cleared right up
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules