Some of you may find this cool others concerning!
1307 11 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun!Don't know if this link works but you should see this if you haven't already! Please post your opinions and speak your mind.

2015-3-11
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

http://youtu.be/SNPJMk2fgJU OMG! WTF!
2015-3-11
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Not too practical. But then this guy doesn't get views for being practical  
2015-3-11
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Pretty creepy though! If you think about it the military already use large UAV's to bomb and shoot people. My wife said " my god why would anyone give terrorists ideas like that?" I don't know honey but I worry that the military will deploy with truckloads of destroyer quads with flir on board and 22 lr. mini guns, imagine the sky filled with drones hundreds of them, all on autopilot with one purpose in mind. Is it far fetched? We couldn't have imagined a watch with a tv on it 20 years ago, but the Apple watch will be that and so much more. My grandmother used to talk about the world when she was a kid, what she must have seen? What will our children see? I hope we have grown enough to know that arming drones with guns is totally a bad idea.
2015-3-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Its coming ...however that's a CGI video ))
Ammo weight would be a deal breaker but a microwave emitter is where this is heading I bet.
2015-3-11
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Yeah it is a bit ridiculous though...at least this guy's version of the concept. Personnel do not stand still in the open and they have ears.  Now if they put robots on the other side...problem solved.  This guy has friends with class 3 FFL licenses and a bunch of  very young viewers who enjoy watching things get destroyed. He even barbeques with a flame thrower.  
2015-3-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

LOl BBQs with a flame thrower now that's a fun time!! ) How do you like you steaks....Whooosh.....LOL
2015-3-11
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Ok, but on the serious side, I have friends that know I own a ( drone ) and some have comments that bother me. Instead of seeing the good that UAV's can do they see the ( drone military connotations ) side of things. I know this has been mentioned by thousands of people, and realistically it is just a matter of time before some lunatic puts c-4 in an inspire or some other aircraft and does something real bad with it. My defense, and I believe it to be a solid one, is that guns are no different. In the wrong hands they are weapons. Also, to help set some folks at ease I add the most drones are registered to the purchaser and are traceable. Though like guns, some are not.
2015-3-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I too prefer the term UAV
2015-3-11
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Yes it is worrisome.  People with malice are going to try things.  Unfortunately for folks with normal brains it will effect regulations.  You saw how nervous they were in Paris last week when they'd see them every night.   And I know what you mean about people's preconceptions.  I have a neighbor who I detect has a philosophical issue with their very existence.  The Professional Russian there is not helping this at all!   So some of your friends are worried about violence or just being spied on? I guess both.

Haha Mike,  I prefer UA...it is even less threatening.   
2015-3-11
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yes, that's right, these aircraft strike fear in some people. Let's face it the inspire does indeed look menacing. The first time I saw it I thought about the space/ aerial vehicles in HALO. I wonder if that's where the design concept came from. The shape is very similar to an Apache helicopter with the FLIR and optic le sighting system hanging down.
2015-3-11
Use props
DrPhil
lvl.2

Norway

Its not real tho. And it was just a promotional video for a call of duty game.
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules