Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Upgrade to Mavic Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helidan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Currently flying the P3A and really like the drone but was wondering if it worth upgrading to the Mavic? P3A's seem to sell well on the second hand market so I could get good money for it. I just don't know if I'd be gaining much.
2017-6-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You'll be gaining portability and a few features that seem to cause more problems (focus). Personally I think it's a downgrade. If they put a P3A camera on a Mavic I'd buy it tomorrow.

Active track is tempting, but I doubt I'd use it much, I'd rather fly it myself. Don't often find myself solo snowboarding down a mountain

I was almost sold on the portable aspect, my Phantom case is big and annoying.

The upgrade will be to the P4
2017-6-3
Use props
helidan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for that, tbh the points you've made are basically what I was thinking anyway. I do like the idea of portability but the other features I just can't see me using that often. The cheaper batteries would be nice though! The P3A and P3P do seem to be at the sweet spot of cost vs features. I am however interested in the Spark, seems great just to chuck into a suitcase when going on holiday.
2017-6-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

helidan Posted at 2017-6-4 03:49
Thanks for that, tbh the points you've made are basically what I was thinking anyway. I do like the idea of portability but the other features I just can't see me using that often. The cheaper batteries would be nice though! The P3A and P3P do seem to be at the sweet spot of cost vs features. I am however interested in the Spark, seems great just to chuck into a suitcase when going on holiday.

A folding Spark would interest me. Or maybe a Spark that I could slide the Osmo into karma style...

I'm going to hang on and see what comes next
2017-6-5
Use props
PhanFran
First Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

And so let me chime in with a different opinion. I own a P3A, two P4's , a P4Pro and a Mavic Pro and i find myself flying the Mavic most of the time.
Agreed, it needs a learning curve to get comparable results as the Phantom but nothing beats the feeling that you have a good drone with you ALL the time, ready to go up in just 2 minutes.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules