Goggles - Menu or background focus - Metric only & how long???
1368 8 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

#1           Is this true that I will need Glasses for the Goggles, I do need reading glasses at least 10" for a book to be in focus or is there a way to correct this I the Goggles?

#2           What about the reports about background is in focus but the menus are not? I heard that some other type of head gear (FAT SHARK) works with the Mavic (without all the good stuff) but you can read the menus in the (FAT SHARK) so I ask what is up with DJI?

#3           Metric or imperial for the Goggles I hear it is just metric if so are we going to see a change soon? (Do I need to cancel my order or are they working on it?)

Can we have a moderator to help with this, get answers. {:4_181:}

2017-6-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Is this true that I will need Glasses for the Goggles

Maybe. You need to be able to focus on the screens when they're inches from your face, but I've seen comments from a few people who can't and are looking for some kind of correction.

I do need reading glasses at least 10" for a book to be in focus or is there a way to correct this I the Goggles?  

The goggles don't include anything to correct for vision, so you'll need either a pair of reading glasses or something like this.

What about the reports about background is in focus but the menus are not?

I hadn't heard that one and frankly it wouldn't make much sense: everything is projected onto the same display, so I'd expect it to be clear or not clear. Can you provide a link to where that was discussed?

Metric or imperial for the Goggles I hear it is just metric if so are we going to see a change soon? (Do I need to cancel my order or are they working on it?)

If the lack of support for imperial units is a showstopper for you then I'd probably suggest that you cancel your order and wait for the time when that support is provided.

Can we have a moderator to help with this

The DJI employees who participate on here are very helpful, but I've never seen them offer any specifics on when a given feature will be introduced or even if it will. They either don't have that information or they keep it to themselves.
2017-6-3
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-3 16:24
Is this true that I will need Glasses for the Goggles

Maybe. You need to be able to focus on the screens when they're inches from your face, but I've seen comments from a few people who can't and are looking for some kind of correction.

Thanks for the info.
I found the glasses on amazon for around $9.00 but I will try some reading glasses first, but the ones you found might be easier to use after I get the correct size.

I can live with the Metric but I would think that this was just an oversight & should be corrected in an update. But I really think this could cause someone to make a costly mistake.

This is where I read about the menus verses the background.
Menu - Background Blur
2017-6-4
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-6-4 01:37
Thanks for the info.
I found the glasses on amazon for around $9.00 but I will try some reading glasses first, but the ones you found might be easier to use after I get the correct size.

I agree that imperial units should be supported and I suspect that they probably will be eventually, but of course there's no guarantee.

As for the menus being blurry, the only mention of it I saw in that thread was you asking about it, but I didn't see anyone confirm that it has been a problem for them and I believe you may have just misinterpreted one of the OP's comments there. I think he just meant that he was mostly using the menus to gauge the success of his efforts to correct for his vision -- not that the menus are out of focus and everything else is fine. Using the menus for something like that would make sense given that it's probably the easiest thing against which to judge one's visual acuity because the sharpness of the menus isn't affected by the aircraft's camera's focus.
2017-6-4
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

If you need reading glasses with the Dji Goggles you will need glasses with FarSharks . The difference is you can wear glasses with the Dji Goggles . Fatsharks have a spot for insertable diopters but only (-) diopters not (+) . The Dji are far more accommodating .
2017-6-4
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-4 03:41
I agree that imperial units should be supported and I suspect that they probably will be eventually, but of course there's no guarantee.

As for the menus being blurry, the only mention of it I saw in that thread was you asking about it, but I didn't see anyone confirm that it has been a problem for them and I believe you may have just misinterpreted one of the OP's comments there. I think he just meant that he was mostly using the menus to gauge the success of his efforts to correct for his vision -- not that the menus are out of focus and everything else is fine. Using the menus for something like that would make sense given that it's probably the easiest thing against which to judge one's visual acuity because the sharpness of the menus isn't affected by the aircraft's camera's focus.

Quotes From Above:

Thx Jamie,

Can you check to see if it is possible that the transmission is blurring the letters and numbers only.
Maybe it is a defect of some sort?
=================================================================
I say that because I also used FAT SHARK before and never had an issue with them.
It is blurry on ALL the DRONES, using USB or HDMI. All the data on the screen are blurred no matter how I adjust the screen size.
=================================================================
The live feed is fine in both USB and HDMI. It is all the other information like the height, distance, power etc.
Yes it was blurry on ALL the drones...

====================================================================
I had the same issue with the blurring data on the screen. I tried the corrective glasses but did not help. I am returning mine
==========================================
Yes it could that they just font see the blur in the background?
How about is it just the menus or is it all out of focus?
I would check but I won’t get mine till After July 4th shipping date
2017-6-4
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-4 03:45
If you need reading glasses with the Dji Goggles you will need glasses with FarSharks . The difference is you can wear glasses with the Dji Goggles . Fatsharks have a spot for insertable diopters but only (-) diopters not (+) . The Dji are far more accommodating .

I am really hopping that I can find a pair of reading glasses & if that works I will try this - Carson Optical VisorMag Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats (on Amazon for around $9.00 US) .
Amazon Picture
2017-6-4
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-6-4 13:47
rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-4 03:45

I am really hopping that I can find a pair of reading glasses & if that works I will try this - Carson Optical VisorMag Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats (on Amazon for around $9.00 US) .

The VisorMag works for me . I got mine in last week and they do great . I ordered the +5 diopter (+2.25 magnification)
2017-6-4
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-4 14:05
The VisorMag works for me . I got mine in last week and they do great . I ordered the +5 diopter (+2.25 magnification)

What magnification?
Diopter?
Do you use for reading?

How close can you get them to your eyes & images still looks sharp?
2017-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules