Rock solid in steady 15+ mph winds .I see light gimbal shake..
2525 13 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

This seals it for me as this is my last test of the bird and the camera all seems to be working fine.Looks like I do need to adjust the gimbal yaw for smoother panning anyone done this yet? Time to search the ole forum...

Heavy winds today made for an interesting flight once above 50 feet or so.I do see camera movement and will calibrate the gimbal .Come to think of it the stock rubber dampers are still on the air craft as well.
I will switch over to new props carbon fiber and see if the aircraft and camera stabilize a bit move.
Transfer to youtube jibbered the video as the original has little if any movement ..Interesting.

I  practice like this all the time find its fun actually and safe before one jumps into the fire shooting this summer. I line up imaginary subjects and practice over and over ...done in GPS mode.

Amazed how steady this flying dingus is...Looks like im ready to do that shoot the whole month of April with the SCCA local race group...Killer Racing footage to come!
Video link below was shot in 1080 p

Stills aren't to bad neither.....lighting was midday horrible whats new.

Picked up a mint 2009 crown vic cop car (in the background) still has the push bars on it for some chase video upcoming
Anyone wants to buy the p71 police interceptor when were done filming let me know asap ...
Wife wants it gone asap I argue it make the perfect drone deployment vehicle..LOL

2015-3-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

I test and practice fly also . The skill level really progresses when you practice then you can fly in tricky spots , or tight locations and keep your calm .  All my birds are still in great shape after three years a p1 a p2 , and the new inspire ... All tested many times ... I have a huge multi soccer field that's empty often for doing short distance tests RTH ioc or a firmware upgrade , my other test area is an open valley of farming land where I do my max distance rc and video range testing before I go flying in the mountains and over the ocean and lakes etc with a new bird .... never one fly away or bad mishaps or broken parts , a few props and a couple esc's that's all I've ever replaced .. In three years
Set my gimbal wheel speed  at 60 , my left back button is set to tilt & yaw , my right back button is set to recenter camera yaw forward or nose of bird , I like that setting when I'm done panning and doing a photo then hit the button I'm looking forward for fpv .
2015-3-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Scca footage would be cool .
2015-3-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Dave I thought maybe I was the only one who practiced when ever possible...How can you resist not flying this aircraft getting as much stick time as you can before needed.
You back up everything it takes to be a cautious yet responsible flyer. Know your terrain is the key isn't it..

Funny, Phantoms 1 and 2 still like new here as well we must be doing something right or wrong
I don't know how you feel but after this past 3 months of taking it slow Id buy another one of these things without question ..

Im so stoked!!! I will have the track to myself for filming up to 15 cars on the track at one time. The dreaded Milwaukee Mile. Same place Nik Wallenda is doing his next type rope walk ..something like 1500 feet over the track in August!
Lots to film this summer I'm literally Dying to get up to Michigan to film the frozen lakeshore in full thaw in about a month ..Wait till you all see the felt Mansion and the  Castle not far from the lighthouse..Oh man I cant wait to film as well..
I hope everyone gets on with projects asap as well.

BTW have you all seen this from Dslr??
FPV nose cone camera for the inspire.

http://www.dslrpros.com/buy-serv ... 78825fec00-83795881

2015-3-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-12 12:18
I test and practice fly also . The skill level really progresses when you practice then you can fly  ...

TY bud 60 is the place I will start Im set up about the same via the back buttons as well great minds .

Here's what I do with a bunch of buddies from cross country every year down Texas
Silver State Race(unlimited speed class) and Bonneville too ..Gets hairy sometimes but worth the RUSH...
One of my cars a white Super charged SRT challenger is at the 45 second mark of the video below. Ran a 172.1 mph standing mile looking for 180 plus in the standing mile in my hellcat Challenger ,but I'm a little guy . One buddy is in the world record books running 223 mph in a modern Mopar.
Usually travel on and off thru the summer with Indy team Penske, so mucho video coming there too!
Gonna be busy this year it looks !!

EVERYONE get insurance on the bird and liability coverage as well asap!
40.00 a month worth every penny.

Texas Mile: Team Shake N Bake.

2015-3-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-12 12:36
TY bud 60 is the place I will start Im set up about the same via the back buttons as well great  ...

Wicked video texas style , I see another bird in this video I've had the pleasure of owning three of ,
The GSX 1300R Hayabusa , two 2001s and a 2006 rode them to the limits , none crashed and  all modified versions. And twenty some other motorcycles over many years ... Thanks for sharing then ..
Insurance at 40.00 a month sounds like a small price for peace of mind !
2015-3-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-12 12:26
Dave I thought maybe I was the only one who practiced when ever possible...How can you resist not  ...

Wow this was a gripe of mine early on , ya really need this to go dual mode it's a must in my opinion for not crashing ... Excellent ! And dslrpros can be trusted . I'm using the same fly sight screen 5.8ghz in the ad , mounted on a tripod with my p2 , or plugged into the inspire tx HDMI , also have the new fatshark HD goggles and using the HDMI on them as well , but if the 5.8 ghz signal can be also used no wires thats fantastic !
so I'll just need the camera if I go dual mode , I'm going to want to do my own install if possible to save shipping and $$$$$ , I see the new dji quick release e800 props available soon  $14.00 a set of two props and clips carbon reinforced .
2015-3-15
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-16 06:18
Wow this was a gripe of mine early on , ya really need this to go dual mode it's a must in my opin ...

Massive info in that post Dave TY )
2015-3-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Rain rain go away so daver can go out an play ! Argh ... Washington state rain ....
2015-3-15
Use props
bahamasky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3240535 ft
Bahamas

Dave I thought maybe I was the only one who practiced when ever possible...How can you resist not  ...

Dslr Nice!
2015-3-15
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Good to see it performing well, Mike
2015-3-17
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

The dslrpros custom inspire , ok then talked with rep at dslrpros he couldn't exactly disclose how the video gets transferred  to the new setup , I own the same screen it's a fly sight black pearl monitor 7" and is a diversity dual antenna 5.8ghz receiver which would have to get its signal from a decent 5.8ghz video tx 500mw or more im guessing for a totally seperate dedicated no loss of signal analog video feed , and i have been using this on my phantoms for two + years.. no loss of signal and in analog you have no latency .
The analog screen view is so close to hd on a small monitor or goggles it's not worth Thinking it's got to be hd you'd hardly know the diff, and it's for piloting the bird anyways ... you can still plug in the iPad and mount it on a tripod or vise versa , this is how the inspire should have been , as I suspected the lightbridge HD transmission  would never  be as reliable almost ALL THE TIME as the analog signal is . Ad a shotgun receiver antenna to the monitor and you'll go even farther ..  Asked the rep if they were going to make a kit for purchase but he said no .. Don't think they want to loose $$ on thier custom offer , but it's only a matter of time that we will see somewhere just which wires you need to tap into for the 5.8 TXs power and video feed , the fixed cam is a low light version of which several fpv cams are available in all sizes ....my phantoms 600mw tx is only the size of a matchbook and weighs a couple grams .... Same setup to my goggles or monitor safe and sound 5.8ghz analog no latency , no signal loss . Now you've got a true dual operator setup with much less chance of crashing the bird into somthing while the camera pans round ... can be used single or dual operation .
2015-3-17
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-3-18 04:19
Good to see it performing well, Mike

TY Suh seems ok so far )
2015-3-21
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-3-18 04:23
The dslrpros custom inspire , ok then talked with rep at dslrpros he couldn't exactly disclose how ...

Im glad you broke that down David 2 years + and no issues flying the phantom via your set up Im all ears!

Seems like a apples to oranges situation here with the tech is already out there for years now..DJi rep ran away on this didn't he?
Your success is proof!
2015-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules