Frame Rate Randomly Changing
1163 3 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyAteWorld
New
United Kingdom

Hi All,
A couple of times on my Mavic, I've found my video frame rate changes from 25fps (which I have set) to a variable frame rate (29.97fps) randomly and without prompt. I've found no logical reason why, the last time it happened was yesterday whilst filming and taking a few photos. I hadn't changed any settings or used it any way different to the way I usually do. This has happened to me a couple of times before this time too, and it makes it very awkward when trying to use the clips in an editting project!!

I've updated the firmware on both aircraft and controller recently, still seems to have happened.

Has this happened to anyone else?? I've had a quick search and can't seem to find anything about this, so it could be that I'm doing something weird so any help would be appreciated!

Many Thanks!!
Andy
2017-6-4
Use props
EMPIREURN
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hi, I've run into problems with editing and it's been suggested that it may be due to using variable and not constant frame rate... I had no idea of the difference..... how did you correct it? did you manage to set to cfr? there's a lot of discussion on best settings but vfr/cfr doesn't seem to be mentioned
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, does it happen on the same flight or when you restart the drone? Were there any other operations before it changed?
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, it was confirmed normal, if there is a reboot of the drone or camera, or changing the transmission into HD mode might change the frame rate.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules