Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Horizontal (Left) drift issue
670 2 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MatthewEarlePho
New
Flight distance : 83136 ft
United States

Hey all,

So Im incredibly frustrated. I have own a Phantom 4 for a little over a year now, and for most of that time, it has been an insanely awesome product. Unfortunately I ran into an issue back in December. I took the drone down to the virgin islands and was able to capture some incredible footage. That was cut short when I ran the Phantom into a palm tree. It hit the ground hard enough to damage the gimble.

When I returned home, I took the drone to a repair center (Expert drones in Alexandria). They fixed it up well and I flew it a few times before putting it away for the winter. I did notice the angle of the camera was SLIGHTLY skewed to the left, but it didn't cause an issue during flight or on film.

I took the drone out and updated firmware a month or so ago and flew it for a few short flights. Other than the god awful app on android, everything was running smoothly. I decided to take the drone out again today to get some more practice and maybe grab a few images. Things went smoothly at first but once up in the air, the gimble started to dance horizontally. I put the drone down and restarted it. The camera start to drift to the left very slowly until it hit the left. I calibrated the IMU compass and gimble which didnt seem to help, especially after several restarts. The gimble/camera also heated up to a temperature that I am not comfortable with.

This comes at a tough time, I recently passed my Part 107 and sold my first set of footage EVER. It has been an awesome experience that I hope to pursue further. With the money I am going to receive, I plan on buying an Ipad to use with the drone. I would like to avoid having to drop all that money, and a little more on a new phantom.

TL;DR Crashed the drone and got it fixed about 6 months ago. A few flights after that and everything is running well. Took it up today and camera drifts to the left. Even after all calibrations done. HELP!

2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for in inconvenience, can the gimbal be controlled after drifting? Is the image transmission normal? Is there any error message in the APP?
2017-6-4
Use props
MatthewEarlePho
New
Flight distance : 83136 ft
United States

Yes the gimbal is still able to be manipulated. I am able to control it up and down as well as slight adjustments left and right when moving the yaw stick. No issues with video feed or control. No error messages.The issue also does not happen every single time. After several starts and restarts, the issue happened about 75% of the time.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules