VIDEO SHOT TO INCLUDE TELEMETRY DATA
3035 12 2017-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I am viewing my video and wonder if it is possible to include telemetry data, Distance, Height, V speed, H speed, compass heading into the video. I know DJI Go app has flight record but it only show this data on a map not what the pilot see when stick control is implemented.

2017-6-4
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm pretty sure it can be found in the camera options under "Show Captions".

Mark G.
2017-6-4
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's why many prefer the Nvidia shield K1. It has a powerful screen recorder under its share option.
Note : don't update to OS7 there have been DJI sdk app problems with it.
Price200
2017-6-5
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

MedicFL1 Posted at 2017-6-5 12:02
That's why many prefer the Nvidia shield K1. It has a powerful screen recorder under its share option.
Note : don't update to OS7 there have been DJI sdk app problems with it.
Price200

Where do I find this screen recorder?
2017-6-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Nvidia is not selling K1 Shield anymore. And no matter how hard I try, ebay, amazon and gumtree price for a K1 Shield is about 70% more on your advertised price of USD199. The reason that moderately powerful tablets and even older Ipads experience a lot of crash is bloated elements of DJI Go and DJI Go 4. The app is get too intertwined with support for too many products. Imagine even for a single product, there will be million of lines code. But the worst thing is that some of products do not share common functionality and features in DJI Go and Go 4.  
2017-6-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Yeah, with video caption on. The video file will now show Date, GPS position, Baromete reading, ISO Shutter, Aperture, EV and F length. How to add stick control? Cause it would be helpful to review stick control practice afterwards. By the way, to enable video caption, you go to camera setting and turn it on.
2017-6-6
Use props
fans2a4d7907
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2667625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't get my Nvidia Shield to work with the latest GO app so when I need to screen record I use the Litchi app which has a screen record feature built in
2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

There is a conflict between DJI Go app with the Android 7 os. Either you downgraded your android os or DJI make an effort to resolve this issue.
2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Any one is using Dashware? I think it will show this data on the video. However, there is very little documentation on the software.
2017-6-6
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-6-5 13:12

Nvidia Shield k1 is still for sale. I bought two at Best Buy. The recorder ~> slide your finger down from the top, you'll see wifi etc. tap share and there you'll have a rew options including screen shots.
Set your  "share" settings with the three bar setting icon to you liking.
If you're also recording your audio, make sure that's not muted.
2017-8-17
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I should add that the Nvidia Shield k1 comes with OS 5.1.1 ~> leave it that way as OS 7 has a known issue with DJI apps
Don't system update. Mine is dedicated to the app only. Nothing else gets downloaded.
This keeps mine running without problems. Factory reset does not downgrade the OS. BUT Nvidia customer support can walk you through if you accidentally upgraded the OS.
Use their chat support.
2017-8-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

MedicFL1 Posted at 2017-8-17 14:51
I should add that the Nvidia Shield k1 comes with OS 5.1.1 ~> leave it that way as OS 7 has a known issue with DJI apps
Don't system update. Mine is dedicated to the app only. Nothing else gets downloaded.
This keeps mine running without problems. Factory reset does not downgrade the OS. BUT Nvidia customer support can walk you through if you accidentally upgraded the OS.

Thanks for the advice Medic, I will check this out.

Mark G.
2017-8-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-6-5 13:12

Mark
The new Apple iOS 11 will have a screen recorder built into it/ I am looking forward to this new feature. I used Shou in the past but it became a picky App to use.

Rich
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules