Mavic pro video quality..
1706 7 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans51220876
New
Australia

I took a video by 4k but the clip is not shapen and blury...

INFO :
Type: MPEG Movie
File Size: 384.93 MB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160
Frame Rate: 29.97
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0
VR Projection: None

Someone know why is like that...?
Need help..

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 12.43.48 am copy.jpg
2017-6-5
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The Mavic's camera really isn't very well suited for low-light shots like this. For one, at low light the Mavic's camera has difficulty with autofocus. Secondly, the Mavic applies a lot of noise reduction in low light which can bur details.

For the first issue, try switching to manual focus. Turning on Peak Focusing will help you nail the focus.

For the second issue, make sure your Style Sharpness setting is not set to a negative value, and experiment with the neutral and positive value settings. Too much sharpening will make for a noisy video, so you'll have to experiment until you get a feel for what works best in a given lighting scenario.

2017-6-5
Use props
fans51220876
New
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-5 07:09
The Mavic's camera really isn't very well suited for low-light shots like this. For one, at low light the Mavic's camera has difficulty with autofocus. Secondly, the Mavic applies a lot of noise reduction in low light which can bur details.
For the first issue, try switching to manual focus. Turning on Peak Focusing will help you nail the focus.

Oh~ Thanks.
It means I need to fly out at day time.
2017-6-5
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I prefer sharper noise to blurry smoothness!  
2017-6-5
Use props
joshnl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1738369 ft
Canada

What you're showing here is, I'm pretty sure, a result of the sharpness being set too low (probably has nothing to do with focus). Even at 0, I'll often get muddy watercolours that look like that. In all but the most ideal light, I've learned to use sharpness +1 (I actually did a test yesterday, in d-log, and it looks like sharpness +2 or +3 have very little difference over +1 - but that might differ for night time videos like yours).

My experience with the Mavic has been that: (1) it's just got a *very* noisy sensor (even in broad daylight at ISO 100, it's still a bit noisy - but it's crazy noisy in darker conditions) and (2) the noise reduction that DJI applies when at lower sharpness settings (even 0) is WAY too heavy handed (to the point where there's either too much noise, or everything just goes to mush, with very little in between).

And as AG0N-Gary said, I personally much prefer too much noise to mush. For one thing, noise can be corrected in post to a certain extent, but the mush is totally irreversible and makes for very ugly and amateur looking videos.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the amount of noise reduction that is applied to the image appears to be very much dependent on exposure, even within the same frame! For example, if you have a scene where there's a bright sky and a shadowed area of a mountain, the sky will look fine in terms of noise, but the shadowed area of the mountain will be covered in noise. But if you pump up the exposure such that the shadowed area is brighter, the noise lessens and the detail increases. DJI's algorithm is clearly applying noise reduction to the image in a dynamic way that treats areas below and above an exposure threshold in different ways, again even within the same frame. And frankly the way it's handled is absolutely horrible. I do a lot of shooting within an hour or so of sunset, and it's really hard to get video with enough detail, but without crazy amounts of noise in some parts of the frame but not others. I have to spend a ton of time in post to get it to look good, and sometimes it's a lost cause and I just have to live with the noise. But I still prefer it to the mushy stuff.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans51220876
New
Australia

joshnl Posted at 2017-6-5 16:11
What you're showing here is, I'm pretty sure, a result of the sharpness being set too low (probably has nothing to do with focus). Even at 0, I'll often get muddy watercolours that look like that. In all but the most ideal light, I've learned to use sharpness +1 (I actually did a test yesterday, in d-log, and it looks like sharpness +2 or +3 have very little difference over +1 - but that might differ for night time videos like yours).

My experience with the Mavic has been that: (1) it's just got a *very* noisy sensor (even in broad daylight at ISO 100, it's still a bit noisy - but it's crazy noisy in darker conditions) and (2) the noise reduction that DJI applies when at lower sharpness settings (even 0) is WAY too heavy handed (to the point where there's either too much noise, or everything just goes to mush, with very little in between).

Thanks so much.
I will shoot as you said then I will re post what I got.
2017-6-5
Use props
JustTee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

joshnl Posted at 2017-6-5 16:11

Thank for the info! great!
2017-6-5
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

there is a good video on youtube about the issue/noise reduction:
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now