Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Some news for Nvidia Shield K1 users
2136 18 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HighCamera
First Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope i'm not jinxing things but I let the tablet update it's software to V5.2 and I am running Nougat 7. I never did the downgrade for the firmware and just started using Litchi for my app. The other day I thought I would try the DJI go4 app again. Previously I had never flown without having the app crash. This time it was flawless for one whole battery shooting full 4k 60fps and caching locally. I was pleased. I know alot of folks went back to the old firmware and will probably hesitate to come back. I will continue to try this combo and let everyone know.

Again FWIW  *  Latest firmware on all (RC and AC)   *    NVIDIA Shield k1 Updated to current everything  *  Latest DJI GO4 App   *   Works best if you start RC first then AC second then physically plug the usb cable into the tab

Fingers crossed!!

P.S. I also removed the magnets a long time ago

2017-6-5
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans689722dd
Flight distance : 3623386 ft
Belgium

Doesn't work for me.
2017-6-5
Use props
Iser
Thailand

Did the update on the K1 just a couple of hours after the release. No change at all. Dji Go 4 app crashes 2-3 times during a battery. Litchi runs good, some regular unsmooth Moments in live-view but the app which can be used!
It is absolutely a shame for Dji how they Do NOT care about the Nougat users.
2017-6-5
Use props
HOWICK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8812 ft
Australia

I did the Nougat update to my K1 some time ago and had no problems with DJI Go 4 or Litchi. I did however have an issue with Ultimate Flight where the screen wouldn't show any video feed. I reverted to Marshmallow and it came back so I'm staying with that for now
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Iser Posted at 2017-6-5 20:10
Did the update on the K1 just a couple of hours after the release. No change at all. Dji Go 4 app crashes 2-3 times during a battery. Litchi runs good, some regular unsmooth Moments in live-view but the app which can be used!
It is absolutely a shame for Dji how they Do NOT care about the Nougat users.

Could you clarify which Go 4 app version you're running? Have you toggled with the USB decoding option on your phone to see if there's a difference? Have you already tried reinstalling the app?
2017-6-6
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 13:54
Could you clarify which Go 4 app version you're running? Have you toggled with the USB decoding option on your phone to see if there's a difference? Have you already tried reinstalling the app?

Can you explain the USB decoding option?
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-7 06:13
Can you explain the USB decoding option?

Most Android devices have a USB decoding option in their Developer settings (or similar wording). USB debugging in general opens up the USB protocols to allow additional information to pass information through from one device to another via the USB port. Not every device needs USB decoding enabled, but it can help troubleshoot connection issues.

A lot of phones hide the Developer section of their phones, so you can either Google how to enter it on your device or Go through the Go app via the Me>Settings section and it can direct you to there as well.
2017-6-7
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Typically, to enable developer options:

• Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
• Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
• Tap it seven (7) times.
2017-6-7
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-6-7 08:55
Typically, to enable developer options:

• Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.

I guess I already knew how to enable that part.  I just don't know what to do after that. I have been able to look at the part where it changes from charging to mtp and some other stuff but it seems to do what ever it wants no matter how I set it. Are there other debugging settings I should learn about for DJI GO4 App stability?
2017-6-7
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HighCamera Posted at 2017-6-7 10:46
I guess I already knew how to enable that part.  I just don't know what to do after that. I have been able to look at the part where it changes from charging to mtp and some other stuff but it seems to do what ever it wants no matter how I set it. Are there other debugging settings I should learn about for DJI GO4 App stability?

I am not sure what you need to do from this point. If 'USB debugging' is enabled in Developer Options, I am not sure you need to do anything else. I also am not sure that option has anything to do with available options that popup when connecting your device to another device via USB. Hopefully, DJI will chime in with clarification. Sorry I could not be more helpful.
2017-6-7
Use props
Iser
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 13:54

Sorry for my late reply, just came back from my holiday in thailand (P4P has landed also ;) )

Tablet: ONLY FOR THE P4P USAGE
Nvidia Shield K1 with Android 7.
Nvidia Firmware 5.1 and 5.2 (currently installed)

Dji Go 4 App:
Ver. 4.06 and Ver. 4.0.7

P4P Fw: 01.03.0509
Remote: Fw: 1.4.0.0

I have set the tablet to factory defaults for both app versions and did a fresh install. Dji Go 4 still continues to crash. Localy caching on/off does not have an effect - USB settings does not have any effect as well. As a lot of people complaining about the memory leak issue
of the app in combination with Android 7 on different tablets i really need to say that Dji needs to look about this issue. It is strange that so many people got this issue on many different devices. App just crashes out of the sudden or starting lagging until it crashed within a minute or so. This is the common issue people complaining about. Just look into the app-store user-rating! As Dji Go 4.1.0 did NOT stated any improvement on that topic and people just gave bad feedback so far, i will NOT continue playing the beta-tester for Dji.
Note:
i know there is new FW for the P4P out and App 4.1.0 - i will continue to wait until there seems to be a real solution on that issue.

I have maybe encoutered an issue during my holiday on H265 4k/30fps encoding with the P4P. It could happen within a video-file that a corrupt i-Frame is written and the whole information is just "smearing" until next i-frame comes up - so one second i guess. I just did not step to deep into that issue, limited time at the moment. As i encountered this issue i changed from a Samsung Pro+ 64gb microsdxc to a Integral X 64gb. On both cards the issue can come up. Maybe i will post later some more on that.

2017-6-9
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is my update.  I Flew another battery and had no issues. Then I had to do all the updating for p4p, and remote. I was able to fly for almost 20 minutes then I went to TURN OFF video recording and app completely went away as if I had never even had it on.  So interesting how I have never had my Litchi app crash once. Also I have an osmo+ running on a very capable Android phone and it crashes as well. I hope there will be an answer one day. I use the HDMI port out from Shield tab for my goggles and it is brilliant.
2017-6-12
Use props
Iser
Germany

@HighCamera

Did you tried with 4.1.2 Version of the app already?
2017-6-22
Use props
HighCamera
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iser Posted at 2017-6-22 02:29
@HighCamera

Did you tried with 4.1.2 Version of the app already?

Yes I updated. It seems to be less frequent but definitely has not stopped the App disappearing.
2017-6-22
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391293 ft
Hong Kong

How frequent that DJI GO apps will crash on stock rom with latest update Shield K1 ?
2017-6-22
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Guys, its now the 9th of July - has there been any progress made on this? Anyone tried it with the latest firmware and GO app??
2017-7-9
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-7-9 11:07
Guys, its now the 9th of July - has there been any progress made on this? Anyone tried it with the latest firmware and GO app??

I'm with all latest FW and update on my bird, controller and K1 tab. Tab in stock ROM no downgrade.

Go4 app crashing at least once every flight time
2017-7-14
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

JoePGM Posted at 2017-7-14 03:00
I'm with all latest FW and update on my bird, controller and K1 tab. Tab in stock ROM no downgrade.

Go4 app crashing at least once every flight time

Thank you for confirming this. That's really disappointing that this issue STILL REMAINS unresolved.
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules