Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Are these settings right for the mounting #s?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

Maybe I have a mental block or something, but I need confirmation from you kind folls that I have input the correct settings, for the "mounting" of the IMU vs. the vertical and horizontal Centers of Gravity.    Please see attached image.
Thanks in advance.  -Peter

2017-6-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

The IMU X and Z should be a negative number since the imu and GPS is above COG...I know, it sounds weird but remember the "green" on the chart is entered as a negative. Again on your GPS, you have a positive number in the Y. If your GPS is above the COG then it should be a negative. For me I have my GPS on center of the COG...so if it helps, or at least gives you a starting place, my GPS is X "0" Y "0" and Z is - 32...with camera/gimbal etc. Also I measured the IMU from the center of the IMU which is attached on the designated location by DJI. My numbers are a little different than yours but they will change with/without gimbal....just as an example, my IMU is -9, 0, -12. Again, dont go by mine, just go by what ever your COG is. Hope this helps
2017-6-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I'm blabbing today...but if your checking COG, make sure you have your arms folded OUT, not in...the weight of the motors in the lowered position will give the wrong COG measurements. Trust me, its a pain in the you know what to try and hold that thing in the air...I'd suggest if you're trying to hold and balance yourself you might want to enlist the help of 1 more person...dropping your bird wouldn't be pretty.
2017-6-5
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-5 15:37
Sorry, I'm blabbing today...but if your checking COG, make sure you have your arms folded OUT, not in...the weight of the motors in the lowered position will give the wrong COG measurements. Trust me, its a pain in the you know what to try and hold that thing in the air...I'd suggest if you're trying to hold and balance yourself you might want to enlist the help of 1 more person...dropping your bird wouldn't be pretty.

Very good counsel.   Thanks.

-Peter
2017-6-6
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.1
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-6-5 15:25
The IMU X and Z should be a negative number since the imu and GPS is above COG...I know, it sounds weird but remember the "green" on the chart is entered as a negative. Again on your GPS, you have a positive number in the Y. If your GPS is above the COG then it should be a negative. For me I have my GPS on center of the COG...so if it helps, or at least gives you a starting place, my GPS is X "0" Y "0" and Z is - 32...with camera/gimbal etc. Also I measured the IMU from the center of the IMU which is attached on the designated location by DJI. My numbers are a little different than yours but they will change with/without gimbal....just as an example, my IMU is -9, 0, -12. Again, dont go by mine, just go by what ever your COG is. Hope this helps

Right.  Even looking at my own images, the IMU is "behind" the vertical COG, and Green clearly indicates behind is a negative number.   I will make the figures negative in both cases for the IMU.

Thanks.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules