Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Twitch - Is my new drone faulty or is this normal
1160 3 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pritch84
lvl.1

Thailand

So this seems to happen a lot if I go forward fairly fast in P mode starting with the camera down then slowly tilt the camera up. The gimbal seems to jerk sometimes when it gets to the level region. The drone is about 1-2 weeks old and only flown a few times, no crashes. I'm an experienced pilot moving up from the p3 pro.

Im worried it has an issue and I cant get it repaired as it's been raining everyday until the day I did that flight so I can't do thorough testing to make sure it works!
2017-6-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. May not be your issue, but there's another gimbal 'twitch' thread up here which proposes that the gimbal design is at fault. But the scenario is a high speed turn while bringing the camera up - the camera housing catches on the side of the gimbal, resulting in a twitch and/or 'gimbal motor overload' error on the app. I suggest you do a search to find that thread...

[edit] This one: http://forum.dji.com/thread-98516-1-1.html

Otherwise, it may just be a matter of not moving the camera angle while doing rapid turns.

2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you already tried an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order? Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity of the gimbal tilt? Was that particularly windy day?
2017-6-5
Use props
Pritch84
lvl.1

Thailand

I have done an IMU and gimbal Calibration. The gimbal tilt sensitivity is set very low so its smooth and slow (meant to be). It wasn't particularly windy but a little more than average. It's however happened on another day that was not windy as well.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules