Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P2 Vision+ Distance issues
2565 12 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erichanson
New

United States

I seem to be limited to 250-300 feet in distance or altitude.

Has anyone else seen this?  I read on another forum that this was due to a faulty 5.8 GHZ Remote.  They replaced the remote and it fixed the problem.  I have replaced mine and confirmed that it is set to FCC mode, but it is still returning to home when it reach 250-300 feet.  It also loses control when the P2 is rotated.

Any help or advice is appreciated.
2014-9-17
Use props
plow
lvl.3
United States

Did you check the NAZA it see if there was a range/altitude limit set?
2014-9-17
Use props
fselimovic
lvl.1

Sweden

Lost signal, coming home

Hi,

I am new at this and had only 3 flyings yet. My phantom is loosing signal and coming home every time. (I only reached 300ft above me). I am thankful for any help how to avoid this.

/Fari
2014-9-18
Use props
residence.immo.
New

Belgium

vous devez télécharger la nouvelle version du logiciel sur le site DJI
2014-9-18
Use props
fselimovic
lvl.1

Sweden

Yes I did it/Oui je l'ai fait.
2014-9-18
Use props
fselimovic
lvl.1

Sweden

It seems that other people have same problem:
2014-9-18
Use props
fselimovic
lvl.1

Sweden

I think I found the answer. I have big tree close to my home:
The Phantom will automatically descend during the Failsafe process if there are less than 6 GPS
satellites detected for more than 20 seconds.
High trees can give a sort of shadow relative to the GPS satellites , and block the view of the satellites .
2014-9-18
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

HAHAHA,

okay I hope you are NOT flying the USA! if so you just did violated the US airspace for remote control RC aircraft. the max here in the ASA is 400 FEET not meters.

May that be so the aircraft is clearly out of line of sight....

That all being said in the software you can set the max height and distance for the aircraft. If this is reached the aircraft will either return to home or land. That is done to safe your aircraft for getting lost.....

:-) might be a good idea to look into the manual

Safe flying,

remember that is the same reason why you can not take off when closer then 3 miles from an class A airport.... all be design that youtubers do not fly into an active flight path.
2014-9-18
Use props
josephbobowicz
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Also pay attention to your antenna orientation. The strongest signal from your main antenna in the middle of your RC transmitter comes from the side of it, not the tip. As far as the signal being emitted from it look at it as if you have a doughnut on your antenna, the signal projects strongest from the side. Do not point the tip of the antenna towards your Phantom. As far as your wifi extender is concerned keep the flat surface on the top oriented towards your Phantom. That is where the strongest signal comes from the wifi extender.
2014-9-18
Use props
Scott-Heliguy
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

do you have fpv? sometimes the fpv transmitter can shorten the range
2014-9-19
Use props
dekelkabeli
lvl.1

Israel

check in the pt2 assistant for your distance limit
2014-9-20
Use props
arjen.landman

Netherlands

hi is the remote controller set to FCC (i.s.o. CE), it can be changed wth the potentiometer at the back of the remote controller (you can find it in the wiki)

good luck

Arjen
2014-9-20
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The 5.8ghz control requires good line of sight with the phantom so any obstacles such as trees or buildings will effect the range.
Also local interference from power lines and the like will affect the control distance.
2014-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules