Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need internet or cell service to fly?
1399 1 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

Reluctantly I did the update that everyone has been talking about. I did the update in my living room. It first told me that I had a NFZ Limit and I had NO camera picture. It also had a very poor Sat connection. So I took it outside so the connection could become better. Once it did and I turned everything off and back on it when through checking the version and then the NFZ Limit was gone and I had my camera back. I then tested everything around my nieghborhood. It worked great. I put my Mavic away and charged my batteries and RC.  I decided to go back to a place I have flown many times before to get some new video of all the nice trees and blue skies. There is NO cell service or internet there. I set everything up and got ready to fly as normal. After turning it on and waiting for the mavic to connect I notice NO picture on my screen. My camera isn't working and I get the NFZ Limit again. This really makes me upset places that have NO Cell service or Internet. I pack it all up and head home. Once I get home I try to fly and have my tablet in airplane mode. I get the same probelm NFZ Limit and No camera again. I thought back to when I first updated and had to connect online to be able to see my camera and fly. I took my tablet out of airplane mode and restarted the DJIGo 4 app and it verified the version and I had my camera back and no more NFZ Limit.
So please DJI tell me that there is some setting I am missing. I am very disappointed and unhappy with DJI for this reason. Please fix this before I sell my mavic and buy something different that I don't need to verify with internet before flying.

Anyone know how to fix this? There are only so many places I can fly and most have no cell service.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

You don't need cell service to fly. You just need to sign into your account/re-activate your aircraft when connected to the net. If you don't log out, then you'll have no problem flying. That being said, there are a number of threads about this topic. Please follow up with your situation in one of them. Thanks.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules