What do you use the "Customizable Button" for on remote?
5856 5 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Hello, being new and waiting like everyone else, I was reading through that manual and being a first time future drone pilot.  So, to raise a question, what do, or would folks use the, "Customizable Botton" on the Spark's remote control for?  Are there key functions that I should consider to program for this button?  
2017-6-6
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

On my Mavic there are 2 customizable buttons.  One I assigned to move the gimble up and down.  The other button I assigned to center focus.  Probably do the same for the Spark.
2017-6-6
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-6 05:12
On my Mavic there are 2 customizable buttons.  One I assigned to move the gimble up and down.  The other button I assigned to center focus.  Probably do the same for the Spark.

The remote has a button already programmed for the "Gimbal Dial" if that's the same thing...just one, "Customizable Button" along with the record, shutter, etc.  

2017-6-6
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-6 05:23
The remote has a button already programmed for the "Gimbal Dial" if that's the same thing...just one, "Customizable Button" along with the record, shutter, etc.

The Mavic does have a gimbal dial so that you can adjust the angle of the camera.  I assigned one of the customizable buttons to directly point the gimbal straight down or straight ahead with the push of a button.  It's a little quicker than using the dial and comes in handy especially when landing.
2017-6-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the Phantom 4 Pro I have C1 set to forward/downward gimbal and C2 to either Narrow Sensing to retract the obstacle avoidance through tight gaps or Advanced camera settings if I need to adjust my shutter speed/aperture/ISO. On the only C option on the Spark I'd suggest the forward gimbal so you can see the ground/straight in front of the drone instantly.
2017-6-6
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And it's great to see you reading the manual before delivery - the more you research beforehand the more you will get out of it on the day it arrives. Charge the batteries first, install the firmware on the drone, remote and ALL batteries then calibrate the IMU, Gimbal and RC sticks, configure the GO4 App settings and test the camera. FULLY recharge everything to 100%, case it up and head out. Find someone open with nobody around on a dry day with little wind and take small steps to start with then build up your confidence and broaden the range/speed etc.
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules