Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
External Osmo + power
2465 8 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5191a3cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10758 ft
United Kingdom

The batteries on the OSMO seem to run out far too quickly and I have a big job coming up when I need to use it.I was told it might be possible to power the Osmo+ with an external battery. The videos i've seen on YouTube look pretty dodgy. I remember someone mentioning it may have been possible.

I have batteries for Phantoms, Inspire 2 and other lipo batteries for a F550.
Is it possible to use any of these?
I can see there are some OSMO battery 2 pin to DC cables but nothing that looks like it would just connect up the OSMO to a different power supply that would last longer..
cheers
2017-6-6
Use props
eColumbia01
Second Officer
United States

There are 2 attchments you can buy. One attachment fits into the battery compartment and connects to a charger. The second attachment makes the extra power portable and connects the first attachment to a phantom battery. Using a phantom battery allows you to run the OSMO+ for several hours - up to 4 or 5 hours I believe.
2017-6-6
Use props
BrightonDF
lvl.1
United Kingdom

eColumbia01 Posted at 2017-6-6 07:14
There are 2 attchments you can buy. One attachment fits into the battery compartment and connects to a charger. The second attachment makes the extra power portable and connects the first attachment to a phantom battery. Using a phantom battery allows you to run the OSMO+ for several hours - up to 4 or 5 hours I believe.

excellent - now just gotta find it - couldn't see them on the site i usually buy from  in the UK. will do some better searching. cheers
2017-6-6
Use props
Shockingbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 929465 ft
  • >>>
United States

That product is here: https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender
2017-6-6
Use props
Cookies & Java
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If you're in the UK then you can also use DJI suppliers such as HeliGuy and HobbyMounts, both of which have good customer support. I say this because sometimes the DJI store is out of stock.
2017-6-9
Use props
Peter Groom
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cookies & Java Posted at 2017-6-9 06:10
If you're in the UK then you can also use DJI suppliers such as HeliGuy and HobbyMounts, both of which have good customer support. I say this because sometimes the DJI store is out of stock.

The thing I cant cope with is that to power an OSMO via an external (higher capacity) battery, the only batteries that seem to be ever mentioned / available are ones made, developed and sold, not to run an OSMO but to run a Drone!!!!!
I have no interest in drones, nor do I want products that are drone products. I want a High capacity OSMO battery.
Am I being unreasonable.
Peter
2017-6-9
Use props
albert.santos83
New

United States

I have tried the external battery extender with both the 10 pin-a power cord and the 2 pin power cord connecting to a phantom 4 battery and a phantom 3 battery respectively and neither worked. I exchanged one 2 pin power cord thinking the first one was defective but the second one did not work either. I did the same thing with the 10 pin-a power cord and they do not work. I chatted with dji customer support and all they suggested was to exchange the items again. So it is either the osmo + does not recognize the phantom 3 and 4 batteries, or the 2 pin and 10 pin-a power cords. Or the phantom batteries do not recognize the osmo+ camera.

I would like to note that the external battery extender does work when plugged into a direct power supply like the phantom 4 battery charger. So I would caution you on purchasing either the 10 pin-a cord and 2 pin power cord as well as the phantom batteries if you do not own the actual  drones.
2017-6-16
Use props
eColumbia01
Second Officer
United States

albert.santos83 Posted at 2017-6-16 07:45
I have tried the external battery extender with both the 10 pin-a power cord and the 2 pin power cord connecting to a phantom 4 battery and a phantom 3 battery respectively and neither worked. I exchanged one 2 pin power cord thinking the first one was defective but the second one did not work either. I did the same thing with the 10 pin-a power cord and they do not work. I chatted with dji customer support and all they suggested was to exchange the items again. So it is either the osmo + does not recognize the phantom 3 and 4 batteries, or the 2 pin and 10 pin-a power cords. Or the phantom batteries do not recognize the osmo+ camera.

I would like to note that the external battery extender does work when plugged into a direct power supply like the phantom 4 battery charger. So I would caution you on purchasing either the 10 pin-a cord and 2 pin power cord as well as the phantom batteries if you do not own the actual  drones.

I am able to successfully use the external battery extender with the phantom 4 pro battery charger.
2017-6-18
Use props
BrightonDF
lvl.1
United Kingdom

cheers everyone - got the cable from BuildYourOwnDrone who have amazing customer service. He worked out the specs and agreed I could use the 10pin cable on the Inspire 2 batteries.
Tested today and all seemed to work ok.
Thanks for help and suggestions

D
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules