2275 12 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are the Inspire 2 worth having as a hobbyist?

2017-6-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I don't have one. However, many here says it flies very well. However, there are a lot of issues evidenced here on the forum. If you are prepared for resolving issues and love technology, it will be fun to have.
2017-6-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-6-6 17:52
I don't have one. However, many here says it flies very well. However, there are a lot of issues evidenced here on the forum. If you are prepared for resolving issues and love technology, it will be fun to have.

What kind of issues and problems? Give me some example on what issues these are having, Thanks.
2017-6-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-6 17:54
What kind of issues and problems? Give me some example on what issues these are having, Thanks.

The ones that pop up the most are props that rattle and don't fit right, landing gear that sticks and won't come down or sticks in travel mode, lines present in some videos off the camera, and odd camera gimbal shakes.  Probably others I'm overlooking too, but you can search the forum.

2017-6-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-6 20:15
The ones that pop up the most are props that rattle and don't fit right, landing gear that sticks and won't come down or sticks in travel mode, lines present in some videos off the camera, and odd camera gimbal shakes.  Probably others I'm overlooking too, but you can search the forum.

Thanks for the reply, I will do more searching.   Thanks again.   
2017-6-6
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Do you own any other drones? The I2 may be a great machine but let's not forget the I1 is also a great machine that is now available at a fraction of the cost and more than capable of professional work.
Is the extra you get with the I2 over the I1 worth it? Unless you can afford to throw money at it or you customers demand it, I would go for the I1

My 2 cents

Mark G.
2017-6-7
Use props
I 2 Fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Only my opinion... I have both the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 2 with X5S camera.  Inspire 2 is not sorted out and not as much value for the money as the Phantom 4 Pro.  In fact I think the I2 is over priced!
2017-6-7
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

I 2 Fly Posted at 2017-6-7 00:42
Only my opinion... I have both the Phantom 4 Pro and the Inspire 2 with X5S camera.  Inspire 2 is not sorted out and not as much value for the money as the Phantom 4 Pro.  In fact I think the I2 is over priced!

I am a little bit in the same boat, so interested in the responses. Right now just a hobbyist too but looking to make some $'s on the side of my day job.

I have a Spark (on order), Mavic and a P4 but going to ditch the P4 and either get a P4Pro, P5 (yes, I know it is not announced) or Inspire 2 w/X5s.  Spark for fun, Mavic for fun & travel and P4P/I2 for the top quality imaging.

Can get a 25-30% discount (No, I won't give up my source) on P4P and I2  so leaning towards going for it with the  I2. Since the P4 is no small drone might as well go for the big daddy right?  Would a lower price make the Inspire 2 an easier sell/better choice over a discounted P4P?

2017-6-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-6-7 00:30
Do you own any other drones? The I2 may be a great machine but let's not forget the I1 is also a great machine that is now available at a fraction of the cost and more than capable of professional work.
Is the extra you get with the I2 over the I1 worth it? Unless you can afford to throw money at it or you customers demand it, I would go for the I1

Right now I have a mavic and had a P4 I just wanted to have something bigger.  It's more for the looks than anything else.
2017-6-7
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I think it is, as long as it isn't a SUPER strain to come up with the initial price. I think you have to assume there will be additional costs as time goes on - especially if you fly a lot.  This thing is EXTREMELY fun to fly but there have been issues. If all the posts I've read so far are an indication, you are almost certain to have an issue with the props/mounts sooner or later. You may have read somewhere on this forum the debate and complaints about ill-fitting props or mounts and worse problems.  I've had my I2 for a couple months and I've flown it ALOT. Other than briefly having and issue trying to land - an issue that turned out to be my mishandling of the controls - the only problem that has cropped up is the prop/prop mount fitting issue. Via this forum I got wind of some carbon fiber (fixed - not folding) props available from an outfit in Switzerland (http://www.ebay.com/usr/heliengadin?_trksid=p2047675.l2559) that will solve this problem for me once and for all. If that turns out to be the case I'll be very happy with my purchase.      I also have a DJI S1000 and a Aeronautics SkyJib 8.  I haven't touched the other two multi-rotors since I started flying the I2.  I've never had the I1 or any of the phantom line of DJI aircraft but I've tons of video of those drones flying, and none of them looks as stable in the air as the I2.  After flying the I2 the first couple of times I was so thrilled with the way it flies I searched out a good deal (and found one, too!) on a second I2 which I keep as a "un-touched" back-up.  THAT'S HOW MUCH I ENJOY FLYING THIS THING!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered an Inspire 2 with X5s. Psyched! Now to sell the P4.
2017-6-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-7 14:47
Right now I have a mavic and had a P4 I just wanted to have something bigger.  It's more for the looks than anything else.

You could buy the Inspire 1 V2 and have some fun with a proven drone.

Lots of fun
Rich
2017-6-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-6-7 00:30

Same thing I'm thinking, I have the inspire 1 pro with the x5 zenmuse, if someone was looking to get into professional photography and hasn't much experience the inspire 1 with x5 or x3 is the way to go. If you take an image from the inspire 1 and put it side by side with the inspire 2 there's not much difference.
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules