5493 11 2017-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long does the Mavic last before motors, mother board etc etc start going out? I have almost 2M feet on mine and I'm just wondering how much more do we have before it starts breaking down.   
2017-6-6
Use props
Iskareot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 961198 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah you do... holy cow.   That is some flight time for sure.     I have to hope with the brushless motors you will find out.   Have you had any issues with that much flight time?  Anything gone wrong yet?   What do you think by looking at it or feeling it what would go wrong.   I know the antennas on the radio get loose but that was it.
2017-6-6
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm at about 4 million on mine without any issues.
2017-6-6
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-6 21:35
I'm at about 4 million on mine without any issues.

Wow impressive!
2017-6-6
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think that part of the answer will depend on how you have flown it. For those that fly constantly in sport mode and have the occasional overload message, their flight time may be reduced. It really depends on the quality of the parts. I am not able to compare flight times with yours because I don't have the records but I do have rc aircraft that are 10 years old with the same motor and esc and they are still going well but I have occasionally changed some of the servos. The Mavic doesn't have servos but the greatest damage probably comes from excessive heat (and possibly cold) and any hard landings.
I know that at startup, the Mavic does a check of its components so hopefully something may show up if there is a part that is showing signs of wear or failure.
DJI would be the best to answer this.
2017-6-6
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

I would say several years of service if looked after and used within a decent range of atmospheric conditions. (temp/humidity)
The battery will be the 1st to show its age.
UV damage will pose a greater risk than wearing out motors and ESCs hehe
2017-6-6
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Gosh! That's a lot. Mucho respect my friend
2017-6-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well so far with 2M ft(hats off to Glenn Goodlett for 4M) everything looks and feels solid, I did have one time that it fell out of the sky with a broken prop(it landed on a bush and saved it from 200 ft up)
2017-6-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The brushless motors and other electronics will last for years if they don't overheat. Motor bearings will be the first to go but they usually give you some warning( overheating, grinding noise)  but the real enemy is excessive heat..
2017-6-7
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

At least 9 months.  That's about as long as they've been out (in production) so far.
2017-6-7
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Basically, you never know.  Electronics can fail from one moment to another.
2017-6-7
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I have had bearings go out in motors over the years but nothing else luckily . As someone said , they'll let you know with strange noises well before they actually fail if you pay attention .
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules