Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to confirm email when activating mavic pro
1234567Next >
29431 246 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jooberg77
New

United States

I am having a "Activation Service Error" when trying to activate my mavic for the first time.

Things I have tried:
- Upgrading the firmware
- Downgrading the firmware
- Reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app
- Trying it on LTE and wifi
- Multiple different wifi's
- Trying multiple different emails ( all confirmed)

Note: Yes, the Mavic is in RC mode.

Error

Error
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, if you have any problem on activating the drone, please reply to one of the admins' posts directly, then we will get the notification and reply in time, otherwise, the post may be missed, thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-14
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

The support on live chat has offered no help.
2017-6-7
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Anyone ever have this before?
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Sorry for the frustration on your Activation process. If you are unable to activate your account, you may want to try a different email address to see if that resolves your issue. It helps to use an email address such as gmail, yahoo or anything that is not a private email.  Also, although you have said it in the beginning, it does bear repeating: Make sure your mobile device is hooked up to a Wi Fi.  Let us know the end result.
2017-6-7
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Maybe the service is offline -- are you still having problems?
2017-6-7
Use props
fans3aeb845b
New
United States

I'm having the SAME issue. I just got my DJI Mavic Pro today. I've tried:

+Three new seperate email accounts.
+Two different phones.
+Reinstalling the app
+WiFi and Cellular
+Refreshing the firmware on the assistance app.

I called support and they said their servers are working. They claimed I needed to return my drone to whoever I bought it from and get a new one. I have a feeling it's NOT the device and actually their server.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-7 12:46
Sorry for the frustration on your Activation process. If you are unable to activate your account, you may want to try a different email address to see if that resolves your issue. It helps to use an email address such as gmail, yahoo or anything that is not a private email.  Also, although you have said it in the beginning, it does bear repeating: Make sure your mobile device is hooked up to a Wi Fi.  Let us know the end result.

Same error here
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what mobile devices have you used thus far? Which mobile device and Go ap version are you running? How long have you been at this, give or take?
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans3aeb845b Posted at 2017-6-7 16:23
I'm having the SAME issue. I just got my DJI Mavic Pro today. I've tried:

+Three new seperate email accounts.

Could you answer post #8 as well?
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Could you do the same as above?
2017-6-7
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 16:59
Could you do the same as above?

Most updated everything. iPhone 7 plus
2017-6-7
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

fans1826e34f Posted at 2017-6-7 17:08

Been trying the past 2 hours.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans1826e34f Posted at 2017-6-7 17:08

Is the iPhone on the latest OS as well? Would it be possible to try an Android for the sake of troubleshooting? Where and when did you purchse it?
2017-6-7
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 17:12
Is the iPhone on the latest OS as well? Would it be possible to try an Android for the sake of troubleshooting? Where and when did you purchse it?

Yes. Best Buy. Today.
2017-6-7
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

fans1826e34f Posted at 2017-6-7 17:15
Yes. Best Buy. Today.

I fully expect my drone to operate on an iPhone. I shouldn't have to switch devices to get it to work.
2017-6-7
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

I just got mine today. It's definitely your guy's server issue. I've tried multiple devices.

I've tried two iPhone 6's and an iPhone 7. Along with a Galaxy S8.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans1826e34f Posted at 2017-6-7 17:16
I fully expect my drone to operate on an iPhone. I shouldn't have to switch devices to get it to work.

No, but it just helps to rule out a possible iOS specific issue or if it's across the board. Since you just got it Today and it seems that this particular string of activation issues have happened within less 12 hours or so, you may want to give it one more day to see if it is a temporary server issue with a fresh app installation.

As far as hardware issues are concerned, it could potentially be an issue where the main controller is able to properly communicate with DJI's servers that could require an exchange. I understand that it is cumbersome to be delayed in this manner, but those would be your current choices.

2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Tylerva Posted at 2017-6-7 17:39
I just got mine today. It's definitely your guy's server issue. I've tried multiple devices.

I've tried two iPhone 6's and an iPhone 7. Along with a Galaxy S8.

You may want to look at post #17 as well.
2017-6-7
Use props
FlyingFrank
New
United States

Just got the Mavic Pro today and activation failed too....wth....
2017-6-7
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Seems like multiple people are having issues.
2017-6-7
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 17:45
You may want to look at post #17 as well.

I have used multiple differnt devices, emails and Wifi's. I dont have acces to a Android device.

Been trying for over 36 hours now.
2017-6-7
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

IF anyone finds a fix, please post how you did so
2017-6-7
Use props
shellingford
New

United States

Having the same issue. Tried Two IP7plus and one IP6 none worked. Switched between WIFI and AT&T cell, no help.
Just purchased today from Apple. Firmware upgrade went fine, connection went fine, account registration went fine, just no activation at all.
You guys must have a really bad activation server.
2017-6-7
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Anyone manage to find a fix?
2017-6-8
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

Still waiting here.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

I am seeing many postings on here in which activation has failed on Apple products, more recently iPhone 6 and iPhone 7. Were there any other types of mobile devices in which this occurred? If they were, please provide what type of mobile device was used. Also, include if any of you are having activation issues on a tablet or iPad device.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans2f5d842f
New
Flight distance : 27956 ft
United States

Happened for me on an iPhone, iPad and Android phone. At what point will DJI accept responsibility?
2017-6-8
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 06:25
I am seeing many postings on here in which activation has failed on Apple products, more recently iPhone 6 and iPhone 7. Were there any other types of mobile devices in which this occurred? If they were, please provide what type of mobile device was used. Also, include if any of you are having activation issues on a tablet or iPad device.

I don't have access to anything other than a iPhone.
2017-6-8
Use props
FlyingFrank
New
United States

Got the Mavic Pro yesterday from Apple store, also having activation server issue by using iPhone 6 and 7 plus.
2017-6-8
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

I couldn't activate on three different iPhones. I also couldn't activate on a Samsung Galaxy S8. On twitter someone who asked for support help also was using an android and couldn't activate his drone.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Thank you all for your patience. Currently, we are not having any issues on this end that would suggest an activation issue. Please consider the following:

1) Make sure your mobile device is one of the approved devices as on the list and has the latest operating system on it.
2) Make sure that your mobile device is fully charged.
3) Have your mobile attached to a Wi Fi network.
4) Have your email address with a more public domain such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc.
2017-6-8
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

I too am having activation issues.

Attempted activation using an iPhone 7, and iPad Mini, and iPad Pro, and a Nexus 7 android tablet. All of them yielded the same "Activation Service Error".

I tried activating via WiFi and LTE with no change in application behavior.  I also tried routing my internet traffic via multiple outbound gateways.

I have my doubts that the explanation has anything to do with the type of phone/tablet or mobile OS anyone is using to activate. The hardware being used in these reports is simply too diverse, the problem must be upstream.
2017-6-8
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

Mark you've got to be so ignorant. Have you not read our posts??? NO ONE IS ABLE TO ACTIVATE WITH ANY DEVICE. We have tried every bit of troubleshooting you've suggested.

In fact, I had Best Buy look at it and showed them my contact with support and they've pulled your products off the shelf until they can confirm this issue has been fixed.

I've tried 3 different Mavic's on 5 devices, 4 networks. Yes everything is charged.

Your server "may look okay in your end" but clearly there is something wrong!!
2017-6-8
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 08:31
Thank you all for your patience. Currently, we are not having any issues on this end that would suggest an activation issue. Please consider the following:

1) Make sure your mobile device is one of the approved devices as on the list and has the latest operating system on it.

Sorry Mark, but when this many people rapidly have the same issue within a certain timeframe, there is some error on DJI's side.
2017-6-8
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

Apologies for the multiple prior posts, the forum gives no indication if a post submission has actually been accepted.

To respond to the latest mod post...
My iOS devices are all on the recommended devices list, as is my Nexus 7 tablet, as published at: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info
They are also running the latest version of iOS and Android mobile OSes.

2) Make sure that your mobile device is fully charged.
My iPhone 7 was charged to a high 90 percentage level, and my Nexus 7 was at 100% when I tried that device.

3) Have your mobile attached to a Wi Fi network.
Although I did attempt to activate on my iPhone 7 with wifi turned off, the majority of my activation attempts were via wifi connection, especially since all of my Apple and Android tablets are wifi only models.

4) Have your email address with a more public domain such as Yahoo, Gmail, etc.
My primary account email address is from a Romanian top level domain (.ro), but it is backed by Gmail. I did also register and tried to use a regular Gmail address, which yielded the same error. I also registered an account and attempted activation using my business email address, which is @apple.com, but that also failed with the same activation service error message.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

CRKus Posted at 2017-6-8 08:52
Apologies for the multiple prior posts, the forum gives no indication if a post submission has actually been accepted.

To respond to the latest mod post...

Do you have an email address that is through Gmail or Yahoo? Please try one of these types of email addresses.
2017-6-8
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 09:04
Do you have an email address that is through Gmail or Yahoo? Please try one of these types of email addresses.

I tried an @gmail.com address. It yielded the same activation service error message.
2017-6-8
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

Mark I have tried three different gmail accounts. Again, this is an issue with your server.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Thank you all for your response.  I appreciate your patience while sorting out the activation process. Please make sure to be logged into the App before trying the activation process. Sorry for the redundancy but it bears repeating, make sure you have a mobile device that has the latest operating system and that you are using an email address that is of a public domain.
2017-6-8
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

Mark, I was logged into the app before attempting to activate the drone. I've tried this with a Gmail and a Yahoo account.

I also tried reinstalling the app.

My phone is up-to-date with the latest version of iOS.
2017-6-8
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules