Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to confirm email when activating mavic pro
29487 246 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jooberg77
New

United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-8 09:42
Thank you all for your response.  I appreciate your patience while sorting out the activation process. Please make sure to be logged into the App before trying the activation process. Sorry for the redundancy but it bears repeating, make sure you have a mobile device that has the latest operating system and that you are using an email address that is of a public domain.

Sadly until DJI figures out a fix, the issue will still be present. Repeating the same things over and over again, doesnt change anything. There is an error somewhere, just come to that realization and hopefully a fix will be released in a timely manner.
2017-6-8
Use props
H2ODOG18
New
United States

I too am having the same issues!! PLEASE!!!! Can someone help??!! Mark...??? Where are you bud??
2017-6-8
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

I called again. The agent said he was escalating this to the engineers. I advised them to check the forums if they need evidence this is widespread.

The issue is DJI seems to think their servers are fine when in actuality there's clearly an issue. All we can do is wait.
2017-6-8
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

Additional thread covering this same issue. A few of us commenters are on both threads.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2017-6-8
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Has anyone heard of a fix?
2017-6-8
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

Still trying.. nothing works.. same error.. Dji please do something..!
2017-6-8
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

You should be able to confirm the email on DJI Assistant honestly.
2017-6-9
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 17:42
No, but it just helps to rule out a possible iOS specific issue or if it's across the board. Since you just got it Today and it seems that this particular string of activation issues have happened within less 12 hours or so, you may want to give it one more day to see if it is a temporary server issue with a fresh app installation.

As far as hardware issues are concerned, it could potentially be an issue where the main controller is able to properly communicate with DJI's servers that could require an exchange. I understand that it is cumbersome to be delayed in this manner, but those would be your current choices.

Its been 3days.. dji please do something will ya... i really want to see mine in the air.
2017-6-9
Use props
H2ODOG18
New
United States

Have you all called tech support? I could have gotten a better answer out of my 11 year old! If that don't think it's a problem on their end, will it ever be fixed? This is absolute BS!!
2017-6-9
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Still getting the same error.
2017-6-9
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

Errors still persist. It's been 36+ hours now.
2017-6-9
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

Tech support is so ignorant. We need to contact the media and get them to show this. That'll get DJI moving. I have a contact for my local news team investigator in Seattle. Will reach out and see if he can help.
2017-6-9
Use props
H2ODOG18
New
United States

I say go for it!
2017-6-9
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

Tylerva Posted at 2017-6-9 12:12
Tech support is so ignorant. We need to contact the media and get them to show this. That'll get DJI moving. I have a contact for my local news team investigator in Seattle. Will reach out and see if he can help.

Really getting frustrated at this point. Spend $1000 and I expect this thing to work. And I expect this problem to be solved in a timely manner. It hasn't.
2017-6-9
Use props
Heisenberg121
New
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-9 14:55
Really getting frustrated at this point. Spend $1000 and I expect this thing to work. And I expect this problem to be solved in a timely manner. It hasn't.

I just called Apple and requested a return. They send me a FEDEX prepaid shipping label, I will drop it after work.
I will keep an eye on this thread every now and then, if it's fixed, I will buy a new one. Well, may or may not, since the first experience is so bad.
Good luck, you guys.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

Still waiting on a fix. It's been 3 days and my drone I spent $1000 won't even move.
2017-6-9
Use props
nuthin_fun
New
United States

DJI JOE closed a similar thread (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=99257&page=9&mobile=2#pid825402) and directed us here.  He said "hope to have a resolution for you guys soon".  DJI JOE, has this been acknowledged as a problem on the DJI end?  I haven't seen anyone state that a replacement makes a difference.
2017-6-9
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

Exactly. I'm waiting for DJI to publically acknowledge and apologize the the problem. They seem to like to tell you it's just the device.
2017-6-9
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

I would appreciate a little more info from DJI. Have ANY mavic pro's been activated in the last 72 hours? Is it a Mavic specific issue? Are phantom 4's activating? What action are you taking? Working on fixing the app? Working on a temporary fix where we can activate over the phone? Anything?

I don't want to be "that guy" who demands to speak to a manager.. but the lack of response and lack of resolution here is becoming frustrating.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansf97796fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245663 ft
United States

I got my magic and can not activate it also. Same error.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans3aeb845b
New
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-9 17:04
I would appreciate a little more info from DJI. Have ANY mavic pro's been activated in the last 72 hours? Is it a Mavic specific issue? Are phantom 4's activating? What action are you taking? Working on fixing the app? Working on a temporary fix where we can activate over the phone? Anything?

I don't want to be "that guy" who demands to speak to a manager.. but the lack of response and lack of resolution here is becoming frustrating.

Exactly, their lack of information is highly unprofessional. When I called today I asked if the agent has activated any Mavic Pro's today and he said he helps activate them every day. Kept avoiding whether he successfully helped anyone today. He was so confident he could activate mine, yet he couldn't.

I contacted Engadget and Tech Crunch and they'll hopefully be publishing articles to expose this incident and DJI's poor support. This should hopefully get us a resolution.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

Still hasn't activated. I'm an actual production professional and have had to push back a shoot and found an alternative for another one. This is embarrassing to say the least.
2017-6-9
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

I decided to try to exchange my original Mavic for another. I know there were users who tried this multiple times and still ended up in the same spot of trouble. In my case though, I was able to activate the exchanged Mavic.

I work for Apple, and ordered my original Mavic through the company portal as part of a promotion, and had it shipped to me. Today, I boxed that Mavic up and took it down to my local Apple store and asked for an exchange. After I got the new Mavic, I attempted activation in-store, and succeeded. To absolutely sure, I took it outside to make sure the props started, which they did. Since the original unit was shipped to me, and the exchanged unit was from a local store, there was no way the two of them were from the same batch.

Between my last failed attempt to activate my original Mavic, and the exchanged one, I changed nothing. I did not remove the DJI GO app, didn't change my email address, nothing. Activation occurred using the in-store wifi, on the same iPhone 7 plus I'd been trying on before.

The exchanged unit is running firmware 01.03.0400, and the original one was 01.03.0700. I seemed to recall a thread on this problem where someone floated the theory that a Mavic having the 0700 firmware installed prior to activation might be the cause of the issue. This seems to line up here, but it's pure theory.

In my case, an exchange worked. Although others have tried it too, maybe a different store with a different batch of Mavics may yield success. Otherwise, DJI's prompting to get the affected units sent to a repair center may be the way to go.
2017-6-9
Use props
herringtech
New

United States

Having the same issue here with a brand new Mavic Pro purchased through Apple.  Really frustrating, but at least I know I'm not alone.
2017-6-9
Use props
lucafuji
New
United States

herringtech Posted at 2017-6-9 20:13
Having the same issue here with a brand new Mavic Pro purchased through Apple.  Really frustrating, but at least I know I'm not alone.

Same here. This is definite their activation server problem, why bothering asking any guys who maintains those servers?
2017-6-9
Use props
lucafuji
New
United States

Also why I need to activate my product before flying my drones? this should be an optional step
2017-6-9
Use props
fans3aeb845b
New
United States

CRKus Posted at 2017-6-9 20:01
I decided to try to exchange my original Mavic for another. I know there were users who tried this multiple times and still ended up in the same spot of trouble. In my case though, I was able to activate the exchanged Mavic.

I work for Apple, and ordered my original Mavic through the company portal as part of a promotion, and had it shipped to me. Today, I boxed that Mavic up and took it down to my local Apple store and asked for an exchange. After I got the new Mavic, I attempted activation in-store, and succeeded. To absolutely sure, I took it outside to make sure the props started, which they did. Since the original unit was shipped to me, and the exchanged unit was from a local store, there was no way the two of them were from the same batch.

Maybe I'll buy one at another store and see if it works... Apple probably doesn't sell as many Mavic's as a Best Buy, so if I get one from a Best Buy it's probably one of the newer, affected units. So maybe I'll stop by an Apple store and see if it works?
2017-6-9
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

That's extremely discouraging. As you mentioned, others have exchanged their drones and still had the same activation problem.. so what is the cause?

Who's to say if I go through the trouble of exchanging mine that it will be one that works?

I just tried mine again.. failed again, same story.
I downgraded my firmware to factory settings so I should be running the version you mentioned.

DJI.. you have anything for us or you want us to all send our drones in for repair?
Is that covered under manufacturers warranty or am I expected to pay out-of-pocket for that?
2017-6-9
Use props
Fishlures
New
United States

Opened up as a gift and lost 3 days of my life.  Still not working.  if there is not an immediate fix in the next day or two its going back.  Doesn't take a genius to see something is wrong with this many people having issues, and I have yet to see an intelligent response from DJI.  Too bad,  great little drone, crappy everything else....
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Appreciate all your feedback and patience, we double checked this situation with appropriate department, and found it's caused by temporary server system glitch. We're now working very hard to get it fixed, will let you know once it's done.
Besides, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it and purchase proof and channel  at your most convenience?
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.
2017-6-10
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-10 01:44
Appreciate all your feedback and patience, we double checked this situation with appropriate department, and found it's caused by temporary server system glitch. We're now working very hard to get it fixed, will let you know once it's done.
Besides, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it and purchase proof and channel  at your most convenience?
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.

Thank you for the information.

By any chance do you have an estimated time this may take to fix? Are we talking hours, days, weeks?
2017-6-10
Use props
H2ODOG18
New
United States

Do you think if we were to downgrade firmware, it may activate?
2017-6-10
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

H2ODOG18 Posted at 2017-6-10 08:19
Do you think if we were to downgrade firmware, it may activate?

Feel free to try, but I tried activating with newest firmware and with the older firmware after downgrading. Same deal for me both times.
2017-6-10
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Is there a ETA on the fix.
2017-6-10
Use props
Lou1064
New
United States

Hi All, I am joining the long list of people having this problem.  Got my Mavic 2 days ago and while everything seemed to go well at first I get the exact error " Activation Failed.  Please retry.  Activation Service Error.  From everything I have read here and on all other forums online the issue clearly is exactly as it states: ACTIVATION SERVICE ERROR.   DJI can you please simply fix your activation service which is where the error is.  Seems everyone including myself have followed all the requirements regarding approved device, being logged in, updated software, gmail account etc.  Therefore, unless DJI knows they specifically shipped a batch of faulty units, we should not have to return the item to fix this problem.   Please provide a real resolution instead of redundant comments that everyone has complied with.  Thank you for kind assistance while awaiting resolve.
2017-6-10
Use props
danbale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 350358 ft
Romania

Hello, I activated a mavic yesterday, I had problems only when I was wireless from my home network, 4g works very well. Anything else worked on wireless but updating and activating mavic not. Strange thing.
2017-6-10
Use props
D1zzy
New
United States

danbale Posted at 2017-6-10 10:33
Hello, I activated a mavic yesterday, I had problems only when I was wireless from my home network, 4g works very well. Anything else worked on wireless but updating and activating mavic not. Strange thing.

i have tried it with cell data and wireless. i have tried different wireless ssid's all together. Different location when attempting to activate. i have tried 2 phones. Not sure how you got it to activate unless the serials never got logged when being shipped from the factory and the database cannot validate the serials? Maybe its as simple as a port blocked not allowing anyone to connect to send data or other more sophisticated issues are the culprit?
2017-6-10
Use props
fans1783018b
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem, bought the mavic couple days ago from ebay ... The ' email ' activation failed,  i went through the process over and over and same result. Need help, I purchased the DJI care .. hope to get  some help ASAP.
2017-6-10
Use props
herringtech
New

United States

Just updated all the firmware on my Mavic using DJI Assistant 2, tried again on cellular and wifi to register and got the same error.  Problem is not fixed yet.
2017-6-10
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245663 ft
United States

I'd be curious where the Activation Server is located.
If it is overseas, wonder if DHS is blocking?

I know, long shot...

If it is affecting so many new users seems like somebody at dji should say something helpful!
2017-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules