Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to confirm email when activating mavic pro
29449 246 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245663 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-10 01:44
Appreciate all your feedback and patience, we double checked this situation with appropriate department, and found it's caused by temporary server system glitch. We're now working very hard to get it fixed, will let you know once it's done.
Besides, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it and purchase proof and channel  at your most convenience?
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.

AWESOME MINDY !
2017-6-10
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
United States

So, that means the warranty begins at activation NOT DOP, right?

Mindy's comments provided some hope this will be resolved soon
2017-6-10
Use props
ZH99
New
United States

Currently having the same issue, bought my mavic from best buy and returned it because of this error. I bought another one from amazon and still having the issue. Please fix this as soon as possible. I hate seeing the drone not flying.
2017-6-10
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

I attempted to activate the drone in different countries using a VPN. It is a server error and not just blocked by country.
2017-6-10
Use props
Nova13
New

United States

Welp. My Mavic just arrived and I am having the same issue. Wish I knew about this before dropping 900$. I understand that technology has issues. But the fact that this has been up for 3 days now and we don't have a solution is terrible.

DJI...HELP US PLEASE.....................................
2017-6-10
Use props
jmah
New
Flight distance : 1257 ft
United States

This is the worst new product experience that I can remember. This is the second day trying to get this working. Including updating, this has taken multiple hours now, and the DJI posts in this thread are so thoughtless they make me angry. I really want this thing to work, it was expensive — and now I'm tempted to just give up and return it.
2017-6-10
Use props
Lou1064
New
United States

This is truly a great disappointment to what is otherwise an amazing product.  DJI, in the name of professionalism and good customer service please urgently address this weak link affecting your customers.
2017-6-10
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

This is day 4 of owning the drone. I've called DJI support everyday. Mindy is the first employee to admit it was a problem on their end and that didn't happen until today.

Super frustrating, I sympathize with you guys.
2017-6-10
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
United States

Appears Mari activation issue blew up in late May
2017-6-11
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
United States

"Mavic" issue
2017-6-11
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
United States

Folks, dji acknowledged.

See post by dji Mindy
2017-6-11
Use props
Nova13
New

United States

Mindy, any update please?
2017-6-11
Use props
fansaf18534f
New

United States

Updates please. Tried multiple devices Apple,android. Had this thing for one week and still haven't flown it. The only thing this drone is good for right now is a door stop. And for others downloading litchi app will not fix it either. Before you guys spend 25$ for that app. The drone still has to register to dji servers first. And I guess that's where we are all stuck.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

5 Days, no luck. This is terrible.
2017-6-11
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

For everyone's information, I was extremely frustrated a couple days ago and sent an official email to the customer service team with a link to this thread and wanted some answers. I just wanted to know whether or not they even knew and were addressing it. (This was before Mindy commented on this thread)

I received a response today that they're still working on it, were very sorry, and asked me to email my S.N. email, and proof of purchase to them. (Essentially the same thing Mindy said)

I hope that we see some results here as the weekend closes and normal crew gets back in on Monday, but it sure is a frustrating situation.

I check back on this post 4-5 times a day, and wish we were hearing a bit more from DJI about progress, ETA, etc. But again.. it's the weekend. So I'm hoping things ramp back up here and we get a fix quick.
2017-6-11
Use props
fansf2a6dc8a
New
United States

DJI!!!!!!! HEEEELLLLPP!!!!!!! Spent $1000 and wasted 3days on this FRUSTRATING ISSUE!!!! THIS IS TORTURE!!!!!!
2017-6-11
Use props
Tylerva
New

United States

I return my unit today and got a new one from Best Buy and it activated. I used the same app, didn't reinstall it or anything.

Must be a select lot of the units that were affected.
2017-6-11
Use props
herringtech
New

United States

Tylerva Posted at 2017-6-11 13:52
I return my unit today and got a new one from Best Buy and it activated. I used the same app, didn't reinstall it or anything.

Well that is not good news. Thanks for the update
2017-6-11
Use props
herringtech
New

United States

I bought my Mavic through Apple, just chatted with them and they'll take it back no problem.  I'll be taking mine to the Apple store today and exchanging.  Hopefully won't get a bum one.
2017-6-11
Use props
Nova13
New

United States

This is a joke. I don't care that "Mindy" replied two days ago because she didn't really say much. A company that is WAY in the lead of the drone market should not have ZERO people working on there crap during the weekends. I don't care if this is fixed today or tomorrow, this is unacceptable. We deserve to at least know what the hell is going on.
2017-6-11
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 16:58
Just to clarify, what mobile devices have you used thus far? Which mobile device and Go ap version are you running? How long have you been at this, give or take?

IPhone 5s iOS 10, go 4
2017-6-11
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

Tylerva Posted at 2017-6-11 13:52

Hadn't you already returned yours once?

I've heard mixed results. I count now 2 people who have returned, got a new unit and activated fine, and then 4 who have returned, got a new one, and encountered the same problem.
2017-6-11
Use props
D1zzy
New
United States

Nova13 Posted at 2017-6-11 14:34
This is a joke. I don't care that "Mindy" replied two days ago because she didn't really say much. A company that is WAY in the lead of the drone market should not have ZERO people working on there crap during the weekends. I don't care if this is fixed today or tomorrow, this is unacceptable. We deserve to at least know what the hell is going on.

We will not hear anything until tomorrow.
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

D1zzy Posted at 2017-6-10 11:24
i have tried it with cell data and wireless. i have tried different wireless ssid's all together. Different location when attempting to activate. i have tried 2 phones. Not sure how you got it to activate unless the serials never got logged when being shipped from the factory and the database cannot validate the serials? Maybe its as simple as a port blocked not allowing anyone to connect to send data or other more sophisticated issues are the culprit?

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused,  we double checked this situation with appropriate department, and found it's caused by temporary server system glitch. We're now working very hard to get it fixed, will let you know once it's done.
Besides, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it and purchase proof at your most convenience?
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lou1064 Posted at 2017-6-10 09:57
Hi All, I am joining the long list of people having this problem.  Got my Mavic 2 days ago and while everything seemed to go well at first I get the exact error " Activation Failed.  Please retry.  Activation Service Error.  From everything I have read here and on all other forums online the issue clearly is exactly as it states: ACTIVATION SERVICE ERROR.   DJI can you please simply fix your activation service which is where the error is.  Seems everyone including myself have followed all the requirements regarding approved device, being logged in, updated software, gmail account etc.  Therefore, unless DJI knows they specifically shipped a batch of faulty units, we should not have to return the item to fix this problem.   Please provide a real resolution instead of redundant comments that everyone has complied with.  Thank you for kind assistance while awaiting resolve.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it and purchase channel at your most convenience? We will forwarded our engineer to check and will keep you updated.
2017-6-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ZH99 Posted at 2017-6-10 12:52
Currently having the same issue, bought my mavic from best buy and returned it because of this error. I bought another one from amazon and still having the issue. Please fix this as soon as possible. I hate seeing the drone not flying.

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it at your most convenience? We will keep you updated once it's fixed.
2017-6-11
Use props
fansf2a6dc8a
New
United States

Mindy....what do you mean by "PM us....." I don't know what the "PM" stands for.....sorry first time on a forum!
2017-6-11
Use props
ZH99
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-11 19:26
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please PM us your aircraft SN, the e-mail address you used to activate it at your most convenience? We will keep you updated once it's fixed.

Sorry I don't understand what PMing my info will do. Will you be able to activate the drone for me? If not I don't see the point
2017-6-11
Use props
D1zzy
New
United States

fansf2a6dc8a Posted at 2017-6-11 20:28
Mindy....what do you mean by "PM us....." I don't know what the "PM" stands for.....sorry first time on a forum!

Private message is what that means.
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi, guys, please try to activate your Mavic Pro again right now. If problem persists, please send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com  with your serial number, the email address used to activate your drone, purchase proof  for further assistance. I do apologize for the inconvenience you've been caused.
2017-6-12
Use props
Lou1064
New
United States

DJI Mindy thank you so very much!  Just tried again and successfully activated!  Thank you for your kind assistance.
2017-6-12
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-12 02:30
Hi, guys, please try to activate your Mavic Pro again right now. If problem persists, please send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com  with your serial number, the email address used to activate your drone, purchase proof  for further assistance. I do apologize for the inconvenience you've been caused.

My problem was not solved. Activation still failed (Server Error) according to the app.

I'll be emailing support.
2017-6-12
Use props
fans5b4aef7c
New
India

I amm getting these error from past 4 days, please help me
2017-6-12
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

Also was one of the ones that did not work.
2017-6-12
Use props
fansaf18534f
New

United States

After 5 days of frustration. It finally works.
2017-6-12
Use props
Jooberg77
New

United States

For anyone that managed to find a fix, can you post your exact process?
2017-6-12
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

Mine still failed. I got to email support again thousand times.
2017-6-12
Use props
fansaf18534f
New

United States

No process. Just the initial setup and it worked for me.
2017-6-12
Use props
fansaf18534f
New

United States

No special process. Just the initial setup and it worked for me. Confirm email and it went through
2017-6-12
Use props
ABro
lvl.1
United States

Activation successfully this morning !

Thanks dji...
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now