Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand New Mavic Pro no image [SOLVED]
2227 3 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I just took my new Mavic Pro out for it's first flight. I lose the image transmission after about a minute of flying.
I updated to the latest firmware upon receiving the drone.

I consider myself to be a fairly experienced pilot and someone who is technically adept. My previous drone was a Phantom 3 Advanced with hundreds of hours of flying time.

Any thoughts or did I get a lemon?
2017-6-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

What sort of phone/tablet are you using?
2017-6-7
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

In order to say anything we would need a bit more info. Flight logs would also be useful in doing any assessment. Please do post those and we can start off from there to tell you something.
2017-6-7
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Thanks for your replies. After much testing it turns out the my iPhone 7 plus is the problem. This phone has always been temperamental with any cable/connection that is not 100% Apple. So, the connector on the side of the remote causes the image to cut out after a few minutes. I did find that my original iPhone lightning cord connected to the USB port works as does my iPad mini 4. I only tested it sitting on my table indoors, but I think it will no fly now without image transmission problems. I am bummed I now have to carry an extra cord with me, but it is not DJI's fault. I just don't know why this phone is sensitive to third party cables.  Others do not seem to have this issue with there iPhones.

I would like to add that I contacted DJI tech support by phone and chat several times and found their solutions to to be all different and wide ranging. I know they were just shooting in the dark and do not fault them for not finding the solution, but I was not impressed with the knowledge and level of service I received. Really, they need to check that an iPhone 7 plus is an authorized device?
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules