ACTIVATION Failure - DJI Mavic Pro
12Next >
9277 49 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

I just recieved a Mavic Pro from a reseller on Ebay. I suspect he had this same problem which is why he sold it.

The drone seems to function fine. I can see the camera view and everything connects just fine. But it always jumps right into the "Activation" screen because before the device's first flight it needs to be activated. Well I've tried 2 phones and a tablet, spent 45 minutes on the phone with DJI support and 30 minutes on online chat and done all the troubleshooting they suggest and it can't activate.

It's incredibly frustrating as the drone (should) work just fine and fly as soon as I get it activated. I have the serial number I have everything I could need, is there no way to activate online? Can it not be activated in any other way? At the end of our support phone call and online session both DJI reps suggest I send the drone in for repairs. This seems ridiculous when it's just the activation. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

(I have reinstalled the app, the mavic is in RC mode, I have cycled power of all devices, I have changed the cable, I have turned off my Wifi on the phone and tried it over 4g)

Please if there's anything at all that you can help me with besides sending this in for repair. Let me know!!
2017-6-7
Use props
fans3aeb845b
New
United States

I'm having the SAME issue. I just got my DJI Mavic Pro today. I've tried:

+Three new seperate email accounts.
+Two different phones.
+Reinstalling the app
+WiFi and Cellular
+Refreshing the firmware on the assistance app.

I called support and they said their servers are working. They claimed I needed to return my drone to whoever I bought it from and get a new one. I have a feeling it's NOT the device and actually their server.
2017-6-7
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

fans3aeb845b Posted at 2017-6-7 16:23

So glad to hear it's not just me. I also just tried downgrading to old firmware and both devices to try that. Hopefully I try again tomorrow or the next day and it "just works." We'll see.. but incredibly frustrating. Thanks for the reply. Keep me posted on if anything works!!
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I know that it may seem redundant, but could you please clarify what troubleshooting you've done thus far? What mobile device and Go app version are you running? How long have you been at this, give or take?
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans3aeb845b Posted at 2017-6-7 16:23

I've responded to you on another thread.
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-7 16:50
So glad to hear it's not just me. I also just tried downgrading to old firmware and both devices to try that. Hopefully I try again tomorrow or the next day and it "just works." We'll see.. but incredibly frustrating. Thanks for the reply. Keep me posted on if anything works!!

Could you please respond to post #4 as well?
2017-6-7
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-7 17:06
I know that it may seem redundant, but could you please clarify what troubleshooting you've done thus far? What mobile device and Go app version are you running? How long have you been at this, give or take?

DJI Go 4 (latest version downloaded today.)
Mavic Pro with Remote Control

Samsung Galaxy s7
Samsung Galaxy s5 sport
iPad mini 2

Uninstalled/Reinstalled app multiple times on all devices
Ensured Switch on Mavic Aircraft was set to RC not WiFi
Power cycled remote, aircraft, phone/tablet multiple times.
Attempted to activate via QR scan. (Fail)
Ensured firmwares were updated.
Rolled back the firmwares to originals and tried again.
Tried different USB cables, different ports, different devices.

Spent an hour on the phone with DJI support and exhausted all troubleshooting options there. They recommended returning it for a refund or sending in for a repair.Just recieved the Mavic in the mail today. Spent maybe 3-4 hours trying all this stuff and troubleshooting.

Let me know what other information will be useful.
2017-6-7
Use props
Tylerva
lvl.1

United States

I've literally tried everything you have, too. They told me to send mine in too. No way it's the drone, it's clearly some sort of error with their activation server.

I've tried on an android device and Apple devices.
2017-6-7
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-7 17:31
DJI Go 4 (latest version downloaded today.)
Mavic Pro with Remote Control

Also the error messages I receive say

Activate
Activation Failed (Server Error. Please retry.) Contact DJI Support if the problem persists after restart.

And I also was able to identify that it ALWAYS happened during the activation phase "Uploading your aircraft SN to the server..." and then it would fail.

(Forgot to mention I also tried activating via wifi and over 4g.)
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-7 17:43
Also the error messages I receive say

Activate

Would you please PM me your email account that used to activate and the serial number? I will feedback this issue to our engineer to check.
2017-6-8
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

Woke up and tried again this morning to the same result.

While it's unfortunate, I'm happy that others are having this issue as well. It tells me it's not just my drone with the problem. To anyone viewing with the same problem, please post and let us know and keep us updated if anything works so we can "find a cure" together!
2017-6-8
Use props
Tylerva
lvl.1

United States

Still doesn't work activating either. DJI needs to realize this is their server issue not our drones. I had mine replaced at Best Buy and the new one won't activate either.
2017-6-8
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

Still waiting...
2017-6-8
Use props
Heisenberg121
New
United States

I'm so glad I found this thread. I bought a brand new DJI Mavic Pro yesterday (06/07) from Apple store and I won't be able to activate my drone after trying a million times.
I have tried with two different iPhone 6s, updated the firmware, changed two emails, I still couldn't get passed the "Activation Failed (Server Error. Please retry.)"

2017-6-8
Use props
fans925cdf0c
New
United States

Same thing is happening here.  Brand new Mavic Pro.  Get's to the "Uploading your Aircraft SN to the server", then fails.
2017-6-8
Use props
FlyingFrank
New
United States

Same issue here and i'm still waiting ...this is ridicules and frustrating....
2017-6-8
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

Tried everything.. dji support told me to try again in next 2 hour.
2017-6-8
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27733 ft
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-7 16:50

Im getting tired of going over the same steps again and again? I read that if you updated the firmware before activation this will cause the problem, if so update the servers...
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

Heisenberg121 Posted at 2017-6-8 16:18
I'm so glad I found this thread. I bought a brand new DJI Mavic Pro yesterday (06/07) from Apple store and I won't be able to activate my drone after trying a million times.
I have tried with two different iPhone 6s, updated the firmware, changed two emails, I still couldn't get passed the "Activation Failed (Server Error. Please retry.)"

We are inn the same boat, I got mine from apple two days ago and can not activate....
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

Had anyone been able to fix this issue? I don't like that I can't even practice with this thing
2017-6-9
Use props
fans925cdf0c
New
United States

Any of you try setting the phone to Developer Mode and turning on USB Debug mode?  I just did that and am getting further than I was last night.  It's downloading an update now, so I'll post an update in an hour or so when I find out if everything is better now...
2017-6-9
Use props
thenephites221
lvl.1
United States

fans925cdf0c Posted at 2017-6-9 06:45
Any of you try setting the phone to Developer Mode and turning on USB Debug mode?  I just did that and am getting further than I was last night.  It's downloading an update now, so I'll post an update in an hour or so when I find out if everything is better now...

Tried it (USB Debugging). No use.

Tried again this morning and failed again at the exact same spot.
I don't mean to beat the dead horse here but there's no way that it's an aircraft problem, as there are now 8+ of us who have posted on the forum with this exact problem. People have already returned and swapped for a new drone and the problem persists.

Either DJI shipped an entire batch of faulty drones, or there is an internal server problem. It is shocking that it's taking this long to fix it. I'm still baffled that there's no way for customer service to manually activate our drones via our account information and drone serial number.

If anyone happens to get it working let us know and if you did anything differently.
2017-6-9
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

Been 3 days and this is ridiculous. Dji support want me to  send in for repair, its a god dam new drone. I am returning everything including care refresh. This gave me enough headache.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans925cdf0c
New
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-9 06:54

What I was getting different with USB Debug was the ability to update the firmware on the RC.  After that finished, it went back to the activation screen and failed in the same place.  I agree that this is definitely an issue on the DJI end and it needs to be corrected ASAP.
2017-6-9
Use props
CRKus
New
United States

Tried many firmware version updates last night, up-revs and down-revs both.  Still dead in the water.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans1826e34f
lvl.1

United States

Still not working.
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

thenephites221 Posted at 2017-6-9 06:54

I tried something different. I used my email address as the Drone name and it is NOW IN SYNC WITH THE SERVER! been working 15 min now...
2017-6-9
Use props
SeanArmin
lvl.1
United States

I tried it before.. no help..
2017-6-9
Use props
fans925cdf0c
New
United States

H82Bpor Posted at 2017-6-9 11:27
I tried something different. I used my email address as the Drone name and it is NOW IN SYNC WITH THE SERVER! been working 15 min now...

I had such high hopes!  Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
2017-6-9
Use props
Tylerva
lvl.1

United States

What if we find a way to downgrade versions of the DJI Go app? I'm wondering if it's not with the server but an app update that ruined it?
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

fans925cdf0c Posted at 2017-6-9 11:37

bla,,,,still in the sync mode, I guess its stuck
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

All I want to do is fly 10 feet up and a 10 foot circle,, why is MY AIRCRAFT bought and paid for WITH MY MONEY dependent on someones server?
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

Tylerva Posted at 2017-6-9 11:43
What if we find a way to downgrade versions of the DJI Go app? I'm wondering if it's not with the server but an app update that ruined it?

I looked and older versions don't have the Magic in the list of quads
2017-6-9
Use props
fans925cdf0c
New
United States

Tylerva Posted at 2017-6-9 11:43

Just downgraded to 4.0.7, with no luck.  Same error.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans91f02741
New
France

seems I'm not alone.

first activation failure, then it takes me 10 times to get upgrade successful, however, the drone start up with continuous beeps, (LED not lighted up), and rc can not connected. I think it come from the no activation of the drone, but the problem is that I've no idea where to re find the activation page...
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

fans91f02741 Posted at 2017-6-9 12:49
seems I'm not alone.

first activation failure, then it takes me 10 times to get upgrade successful, however, the drone start up with continuous beeps, (LED not lighted up), and rc can not connected. I think it come from the no activation of the drone, but the problem is that I've no idea where to re find the activation page...

My iPhone 5 never seen the activation page, but when I plug in my newer 6plus the activation page pops up as soon as I launch the app
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

fans925cdf0c Posted at 2017-6-9 11:37

I finally got it back to the sync server,, I have 2 wifi points in my home it don't like my Mac airport
2017-6-9
Use props
H82Bpor
lvl.1
United States

H82Bpor Posted at 2017-6-9 13:07
I finally got it back to the sync server,, I have 2 wifi points in my home it don't like my Mac airport

OK, I'm getting a message on RC SYS WARNING CHECK APP? not sure what that means
2017-6-9
Use props
Heisenberg121
New
United States

I'm just wondering, in addition to 10 of us trying everything to fix this issue, what is DJI customer service saying?
They just claim their server is fine, and all of our brand new drones defect?
People in this thread are from U.S, Canada and France, and we bought our drones at different time, they might not even be the same batch.
So, I doubt anything we do will change this situation, it's almost 100% sure, the problem is at the server side.
I'm calling customer service right now and will update if I get any useful info from them.
2017-6-9
Use props
nuthin_fun
New
United States

H82Bpor Posted at 2017-6-9 13:10
OK, I'm getting a message on RC SYS WARNING CHECK APP? not sure what that means

I get that, too.  Then when the app comes up, it attempts to activate.
2017-6-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules