Stuck in landing mode
2062 8 2017-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreenFiji
New
Australia

Hi, I'm in Fiji and for about the last week, my Mavic is stuck in Landing Mode.  I take off with GPS signal, and about three seconds later, it goes into landing mode.  I have horizontal control, but difficult to ascend and impossible to fly a normal mission.  I've tried switching back and forth between sport mode and regular, and no difference.  This happened in the middle of a flight before the most recent software update, so I downloaded the update and updated the firmware, and it was temporarily solved for one flight.  On the second flight after the firmware update, the issue happened again and every attempted flight thereafter.  I know it has something to do with GPS because it doesn't happen while flying indoors.  I've checked and there are no TFRs or no-fly zones in my area as far as I can tell, and I'm not getting any messages that I'm in airspace.  This is with full battery on both the mavic and the controller.  I've searched the forum and online and haven't found any similar issues, so I think it must be exclusive to my area.  Any thoughts?  There is one other Mavic owner in the area and he's going to do a test flight today to see if he gets the same issue.
2017-6-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Is there any chance that the RTH button on the RC is stuck?
2017-6-7
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

One quick idea - if all else fails - maybe you could try to disable landing protection in the settings and see if it helps?
2017-6-7
Use props
GreenFiji
New
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-7 22:08
Is there any chance that the RTH button on the RC is stuck?

Good point!!!!  Didn't think of that!  I'll check!
2017-6-8
Use props
GreenFiji
New
Australia

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-6-7 22:58
One quick idea - if all else fails - maybe you could try to disable landing protection in the settings and see if it helps?

OK thanks I'll check that as well.
2017-6-8
Use props
GreenFiji
New
Fiji

Not sure why, but it's working fine now.  Maybe it was the stuck button.
2017-6-10
Use props
GreenFiji
New
Fiji

GreenFiji Posted at 2017-6-10 13:04
Not sure why, but it's working fine now.  Maybe it was the stuck button.

Thanks for your help!
2017-6-10
Use props
fans846eaa8d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23540 ft
Indonesia

I have a problem , that my mavic is going to landing when I push throttle down -100% . After that , it cannot hover stable. It up and down without pushing throttle. What's going on ?
2017-6-11
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

I had happen to me last night....luckly it was only 500 feet away and landed safely on someones lawn
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules